Sign in to follow this  
homi29

guest viewing and registration

i noticed there are often times when guests outnumber the registered viewers posting

since they dont really contribute anything, we should make the forum member only, so people can't lurk as much. Also i dont know if this is currently done, but supermarket should only be visible to members and not guests just so theres less chance of scamming going on (not that ive ever had a bad experience)

also i dont have a problem with open registration for the forum, but perhaps it should only be open for a week a month or something, so that the members who end up joining are more likely to contribute something useful and aren't just gonna come on here to lurk or troll

i agree.....

Bad idea, except for making supermarket viewable by members only.

Lurkers still see ads, you dummies.

hmm, but think about it if you're selling something, wouldn't you prefer for everyone to see youre item and increase your chances of selling it?

I think that only users with 50 (or 100+) posts should be allowed to post in the supermarket.

Everyone should be able to browse though.

Aside from the rep point system, I would like see a supermarket feedback rating system implemented. Users with eBay acounts should post links to their feedback scores as well. I request this because there is a number of posters who may not be trustworthy but have ginormous rep bars due to the never-ending circlejerk action in supertrash.

I can't think of any decent ideas that will remedy the "you-leave-for-one-hour-and-your-For Sale-thread-is-in-page 7".

It's been difficult to sell things unless I shamelessly bump my threads like 4 times a day.