yer old man

Bona Drag

My dad is pretty excellent. Once, after I was pleased about an A I'd gotten on an AP Physics test, he said, "Good, maybe you're smart enough to clean your fucking room."

He's directly responsible for the kind of A+ hating I am able to do on a daily basis.

you know... i dont know anymore what to think of my dad. when i was young he was my hero... kinda... he wasnt around much, but when he was it was good times... listening to great music that no one knew about, taking me and my brother to shows, buying us beer and taking us to the tampa pro contest when i was 16...

now... having children myself, i dont think too much of him. hes a drunk and a cocaine addict who never calls, has yet to see his granddaughter, felt up my ex wife while we were married... and more.

if i had to credit one person in my life for teaching me dedication and the value of hard work it would be my father. he was on the destroy your life then rebuild from the ground up plan. he will always have my unconditional love and respect.

my family has been fucked since 1 month of the highstreet being earthborn.. but my pops always been around and supported my shit. hes a good bloke but seems to have a pretty rough time.

i spend most of my life feeling guilty about taking up his time.. thats kind of why im moving halfway round the world this year.

good bloke though.

<3 pops

i love my dad. hes a constant source of inspiration for me, and in my eyes a genious. hes an ex-photographer/moderndancer with a phD in psychology who now is a computer god who just left his old job that underappreciated him for the work he did. and now he has moved on to a better, higher paying, more exciting job that will require him to be traveling and gone for 3/4th of the week every week. but he will remain home on the weekends.

i thought i would sacrifice a night of fun partying on fourth of july to go hear the houston symphony with my dad and watch some good fireworks.

and this morning he almost admitted to doin LSD. ive been trying to get that out of him for weeks...