yer old man

Bona Drag

first off, happy father's day to cheep, cult, hap, sam and the rest of the sufu parent mafia

even hardened seen-it-all supergays got a soft spot for pops

or maybe you don't get on so good

either way, give us a favorite memory or two of the man who gave you life

no worries hes sucked for awhile ive come to terms with it....btw im not sure alot of people really celebrate fathers day. Had a meeting at work to prep for weekend sales and no one even knew when it was let alone cared much. Am I the only one that thinks this?

I love my dad. He has a tendency to say things like, "thats why the old lady kissed the cow" and "well... now ya got that goin for ya!" I just wish I could get more time to travel back home to see him.

recently my dad discovered youtube and he spent hours amazed at it. he blasted old rock videos back in his days and the whole family was going nuts.

hes a short little asian man in his 50's with thick glasses

That is the sweetest thing ive heard all day...happy fathers day to your dad:D

My father sucks so Fathers day can pretty much kiss my black ass. But Happys Fathers Day to those that dont suck

I used to think that way but you know as you get older unless he's done some nasty assed shit you tend to grow out of it and appreciate your old man for what he is...After all any parent/father that has to put up with the amount of shit most kids give them can't be all that bad...Hopefully you'll see that in the future bro...

Well I do have an appreciation for my dad so Im not angry or bitter as I was when i was younger I just feel sad for him that hes missing out on a great daughter. I do have alot of respect for the great dads out there though so all is not lost

My Dad passed away 2 years ago, so father's day isn't too much fun now.

But definitely one of my favorite memories of my Father was him teaching me how to body surf when I was a kid. He had such a love for the ocean and definitely passed that same trait on to me.

bigO.jpg

it is nowhere near fathers day in this part of the world...we just celebrated the queen getting older and needed something for september so father's day is it...

my old man taught me about clothes from when i was very small...regaled me with tales of getting american jeans off the boats like an olden days .jp proxy....amco was the jean of choice in 60's nz for small time hoodlum/mod/bob dylan impersonators...my old man...

lie in the bath till they get skin tight...

he bought me my first pair of jeans when i was 2...levi's were still hard to come by then at least here...when i was 12 he showed me how to taper a pair.. how to make a patch with denim underneath and a zig-zag stitch...

a pair of jeans gets better with age

he led by example with a pair of jeans and flash italian shoes...taught me about music...and style...thank you Big O...

didn't grow up with my pops but i have this letter he wrote me when i was a baby, talking about cuba and how much he missed it....thank u for the novel inspiration (if uve given me nothing at all [no i'm not bitter lol])!

when he came around my relative's house when my mom and I lived in their basement and was pounding on the door, screaming my name, cursing my mom, and wanting to take me away -- my cousins sat on me to hide me from him. good times. actually i don't remember that, but my cousins do ... lol. i don't remember him at all--i'm sure he's an ok person.

SO yay for superfuture dads who are fathers and love their munchkins. :)

My dad is 60 and I'm his oldest son at 20. He's probably the best role model I've ever had and ever will. My favorite times with him are actually when he's told me stories from his youth. He grew up in Kearny in north jersey (I live in south) and spent day in an out playing basketball. He went to college in Tennessee, was a Good Humor truck driver during the Newark race riots in 67, and he'd sneak into New York to drink underage. I've always revered his childhood as the quintessential american life. Just thinking about it makes me want to slap on a pair of chucks and 501s.

i actually blogged about this not too long ago, so let me quote a part of it. the day we sat on the patio and had this conversation was one of the best memories we shared.

"aesthetic of a man" is how he described his motto. baring emotions, letting your heart take over your mantra or logic was a disgrace to this man. he was brought up in a generation where they had nothing. even a man's ego was only worth the face value of a bounced check. the only way for him to tell me he loved me was not by a hug, not by a kiss, not by an expensive jewelry. the days that i came home with a big smile, the nights i struggled with my homework, the afternoons we sat around debating over intelligentsia and nihilists were the times he showed me his most subtle, and most casual forms of love; which of course in my case, the love i did not catch until i understood the beauty of this 'aesthetics of a man' he lives by.

this morning i woke up to a love letter from this man.

followed by the usual economical analysis of the current affairs and poetical admiration he sees in the nature that surrounds him, he closed his love letter with an old japanese saying that went something like this:

one learns the ford of the river by the child he carries on his or her back

it basically means how a parent or an elder has much to learn from their children or their juniors.

happy daddy's day, daddy.

l_7db2f875a5ae63d2700a615e65c930d4.jpg

I'm a bit late, but my 2 cents:

- My dad is probably the one person I know whose opinion on clothes and styling I trust 100%. He tells me when my outfits are working and especially when they're not, and he's usually on point as fuck.

- My dad got me into smokin cigars, it's a great father-son bonding experience. I usually smoke at least one stogie with him every day.

my dad is the shit.

a story about not my dad, but a friends: on his 18th birthday his dad took him on a 3 day roadtrip feeding tyhe kid aderall so he didnt have to sleep. they got crazy fucked up together and even got matching tatoos. driving home he said it he felt so sick and scared from the journey and his body was so deprived that aparently he started hallucinating.

my dad =amazing...always there when i was younger with soccer games, etc...

the man works crazy hours and puts in 100% to get pretty high up in shell oil.

as i got older hes been there for me for the bad times....

bailed outta jail twice, even though the first time he kept me in for about a month to learn a lesson and so i could kick my drug problem c/t..

paid so much restitution $$$$ so i wouldnt have to go to prison for graffiti.

paid for two inpatient rehabs, halfway houses, an outpatient, drove me to NA and AA meetings when i had no car.

paid for two stays at a pysch hospital...(one for detox and the other for depression where i sliced my wrists and went to bed).

and all he wants from me is to be happy and just hold down a modest job/ w benefits in which im doing now...im afraid im slipping alittle with the sobreity issue currently again though...

i love you pops.