Ute Ploier F/W 07-08

chris

• 1 month later...
I personally just think it would be interesting to see the Raf aesthetic applied to women.

I personally think Raf himself should do it, if anyone, however. I sometimes wonder why his ideas fail to encompass the female element of these "youth revolutions" or what have you. To deny that there was an influence and that there's a distinct experience is foolhardy, but I imagine it would be considerably more difficult and consequently possibly more interesting.

Perhaps he considers his work unisex, I'm not sure, but I'd be interested to see what he 'suggests' or at the very least observes about women in these movements that he's, to a certain extent, re-appropriated.

Raf had women in a couple of shows, like he S/S hippie thing and some chicks wearing bicycle helmets and leather jumpsuits in the earlier days.

This though, is just too much a reflection of one's schooling, and lacks a clear direction like Raf's shows.