F/W 07-08 Buys

goldengloves

What are you doing for a winter coat?

Specifically for fall/winter -- I'm just looking at buying some heavier sweaters/cardigans, and maybe a new coat if I see something...

It depends on the weather and if I’m wearing a blazer or not. I often end up wearing something relatively light but layering a lot because I might not be outside for that long.

A few coats I have (working from memory):

- Grey wool long overcoat (when it’s coooold)

- Navy velvet overcoat (when I feel dandyish)

- Grey fitted peacoat (some cheap Inapt one, looks fine and has held up pretty well)

- I have three leather jacket that go from a light ultra tight one to a heavier ¾ coat that can accommodate a blazer

- Black military trench, can be worn in winter with some layering as it is pretty heavy

- khaki French F2 jacket

- raw jeans jacket

- brown canvas jeans-type jacket

- 1-2 windbreakers or very light coats

- A real winter hi-tech fabric coat that I never wear

- Probably some other ones but I forgot and my winter gear is in boxes.

It might be overkill though; I think you need something like:

• A wool overcoat for winter and when you need to be dressed up, there’s nothing worse than wearing a suit with a tech-fabric coat

• A coat for light weather; like a jeans jacket or M-65

• A coat for mid weather like a leather jacket or peacoat

• 1-2 sweaters and hoodies for layering.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by the way those lanvin hightops at LVR are not the uber cool ones with the velcro straps and laser patent seen on the FW07 runway. Those will come in 12 different colorways, and will run you 6 bills, thats euros so expect $800 on your side of the pond, thats without tax. If that didnt discourage you enough there is already a 30 page waiting list at the paris store, so they probably won't even hit the shelves!

by the way those lanvin hightops at LVR are not the uber cool ones with the velcro straps and laser patent seen on the FW07 runway. Those will come in 12 different colorways, and will run you 6 bills, thats euros so expect $800 on your side of the pond, thats without tax. If that didnt discourage you enough there is already a 30 page waiting list at the paris store, so they probably won't even hit the shelves!

Thanks god for those ugly, overpriced sneakers that, with the help of their huge profit margins, reduce the price of the interesting Lanvin stuff (tailored wear).

all i have are 3 light weight sweaters and a goddamn peacoat. i'm fucked.

You need a real winter coat my friend, so it's either army surplus or payup time!!

LUC is one of the best newer lables out right now. I really like the look of those pants.

Yeah, I really like the look of those pants. I never really took much notice of LUC, but I'm seeing a lot of stuff I like.

Pardon my ignorance, but if one were to venture a guess, what would those pants cost? And who, aside from Atl., in NYC carries LUC?

-

As for the issue at hand - I'm already fucking psyched for fall, I hate just about all acceptable spring/summer gear - aside from t-shirts, and I'm not interested in anything in stores.

One thing I know I'll be getting is this sick black resin-coated cotton m65 from Unis that I saw at her trunk show. Also, lots of shawl-collared things.

Guest jmatsu

i'd like to aquire a few pieces from phillip lim. maybe a pair of those gucci pf-flyer looking high top sneakers. the lanvin sneakers are great! i don't know if i, or other consumers are more enthralled with their hype/availability or the acutal product though (i'm starting to doubt myself). kind of disapointed with owens' new sneakers.

i think that m.m. stuff hasn't aesthetically changed that much. his shit is still looking great. is it just me or does the drkshdw look slimmer this time around?

Pardon my ignorance, but if one were to venture a guess, what would those pants cost? And who, aside from Atl., in NYC carries LUC?

-

As for the issue at hand - I'm already fucking psyched for fall, I hate just about all acceptable spring/summer gear - aside from t-shirts, and I'm not interested in anything in stores.

One thing I know I'll be getting is this sick black resin-coated cotton m65 from Unis that I saw at her trunk show. Also, lots of shawl-collared things.

Why are we always on the same page with this fashion bullshit?

I noticed your decline in WAYWT's when summer rolled through and crushed our "things that zip and button" game

LUC is dope. As far as I know, Atelier is the only stockist. I'd say buy that shit on the internets though. I have one short sleeve knit, but haven't been rocking it cause like much of their stuff, wether it's labeled S/S or A/W, it's always got a more october/december vibe to it.

I reckon those pants will run you 5 to 7 bills new, shit probably more if they are priced in line with their knits.

I too want a waxed cotton something-or-another for the fall. Probably skull, or something else from BiG, or an EG/Patrick ervall offering.

We'll see.

Wolves is off to college though at long last, so my spending is far more limited.

Expect a benefit sale coming end of August.

can see myself buying more margielas for fall. some pieces are really awesome.

i would like to ask everyone's opinions about leather pants though...

how should one wear them without looking like guy out from brokeback mountain, or for better or worse, freddie mercury...

i can imagine it is going to look too heavy with a leather jacket but too lacking in balance if i just pair it with a shirt.

so maybe denim jackets?

I am digging a pair from margiela but am really not sure if it is worth the money. i seriously dont want to cop it and let it waste in the wardrobe, especially it really isnt cheap at all.

Haha, I think you may be right! The suit looks really nice though, although probably really expensive.

I can't stand the trumpet sleeves of Poell jacket. I'd only pick them up greatly reduced as I'd have to have them heavily reworked. Pagoda shoulders are great though and the chest fits very well.

I LOOOVE quite a few of the yohi outerwears.... and LUC is always an A+ in my books. sigh... better start saving.

I hate how in a month, I will no longer have any income flow inwards, it'll all be outwards. stupid school.

and fuum-agreed. I find that the trumpet sleeves take away from the timelessness I've come to expect from poell, but I suppose it makes it a bit "special" from his other tailored wear. I do however, have a rather large soft spot for pagoda shoulders.

alls i really want right now is some of the space'd out upcoming ksubi collection...

i think that's s/s 08.

i want to see vibskov's f/w up close. i have no idea what cp f/w is going to look like and i wish i could (at least b4 21st).

wolves: i thought you were old.

i'm pretty certain that's agent l in the suit. good guy. i'm going to be picking up some LUC knits from sbw, so i don't think i'll be buying too many sweaters for fall. i do want some black cotton pants or jeans (number (n)ine jeans), a coat, and some boots.

can someone link me to a thread or web site that goes into detail about suit design? i'm not familiar with terminology like pagoda shoulders and would like to learn. i'm too lazy to search ask andy or styleforum.

This thread is turning into the "Wishlist..." thread :)

----------

OT but in my humble opinion I think faust should consider switching to a more robust forum app (like VB); the issues he's having could be due to the forum app itself. Something like VB will also scale better as the number of users increases.