F/W 07-08 Buys

goldengloves

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pic Casius!

I have to say though, that I'm not really a fan of Dries this season. The concept of most of it is right up my alley, but just not executed the way I'd want to see it. The three button suit picture above and the draping of the assymetric cardigan really just look quite plain to me.

I do look forward to the rest of your tags though....

I have a love/hate kind of thing with Margiela. I like some of his pieces and utterly dispise others and some of the pieces I like are just so expensive for what they are that I never end up purchasing. I have to say though, I am quite fond of the buckle boots (which looks like it has a zipper on the side as well...sheesh) and the brown trousers like nice (my wardrobe is lacking some earthy tones...). But other than that I can pass on most of the collection.

Lanvin is nice, not quite sure how much I could incorporate thier fabrics into my current wardrobe, nor do I think I can purchase anything short of a neck tie...so maybe sale time would be nice to find something.

Brian, I feel what you're saying about Dries. I find some of the items very cool (I quite like the cardi) but I'm not too much for the prints and other fabrics he uses. I could definitely see myself getting a few items though.

shit, I thought this was all stuff you had bought recently...

I like the cardi, but you would have to try it on to see how it falls.

The Margiela bomber is nice too. Rick owens Jackets also really nice.

The Rick Owens stuff is looking mighty good, I'll have to find out what Komakino is getting... already want a couple of pieces for sure. Rick Owens has gotten so much more wearable... and I'm not talking about being ninja-goth or anything like that, it's just that these past few collections have had quite a bit of items that were unwearable due to their destructed nature or construction. The stuff in this one still looks similar in terms of style, but it's obvious even from the pictures that it won't have the same problems.

I'll contribute some pictures later, have a bunch of bookmarks somewhere...

No worries Servo! That drkshdw parka is really cool, looks like waxed cotton from the up close photos.

Chris- I believe there's also a pull over sheer sweater that will come in the same colors, nice and drapey, looks cozy. And knowing Dries pricing, these shouldn't be too bad even at retail.

Some of my favorites:

Veronique Branquinho

aka How the fuck did that model get a job

veronique-branquinho-01.jpg

veronique-branquinho-02.jpg

veronique-branquinho-03.jpg

veronique-branquinho-04.jpg

veronique-branquinho-05.jpg

Dior Homme

aka Why the fuck is he wearing one size too small?

dior-homme-01.jpg

dior-homme-02.jpg

dior-homme-03.jpg

dior-homme-04.jpg

Trying to find Attachment and Julius, I know I've seen them all in one place, but can't find it again and I'm too lazy to collect the pictures from japanese blogs.

The Rick Owens stuff is looking mighty good, I'll have to find out what Komakino is getting... already want a couple of pieces for sure. Rick Owens has gotten so much more wearable... and I'm not talking about being ninja-goth or anything like that, it's just that these past few collections have had quite a bit of items that were unwearable due to their destructed nature or construction. The stuff in this one still looks similar in terms of style, but it's obvious even from the pictures that it won't have the same problems.

I'll contribute some pictures later, have a bunch of bookmarks somewhere...

Any idea when Komakino is getting this season of RO stuff in? Some of this stuff has me tickled pink.*

*I've been wanting to say that for a long time...

some great picks in the first few posts, Casius. Those detailed pics of the Lanvin sneakers seem like they're going to be of ultra luxurious materials...and subsequently the prices will follow as well. Although I'm not sure how sold I am of that suit look with the high tops...i think Margiela's sneakers are a perfect match with that washed tuxedo aesthetic Elbaz has got goin on. Although a great thing about Lanvin is that you can wear the whole rumpled chic look, or take the pieces apart and pair them with daily casualwear like jeans and what not and look just as elegant. It's a brand that doesn't require too much thought...

The CCP blazer and shirt look great, although i don't think i'll be able to access any of it. Japan's the only stop closest to me and it's way too expensive there.

Margiela kinda disappointing, the first RO leather looks incredible.

as for my own purchase list, HK weather isn't condusive to heavy coats and knits, so i'll probably stick with tailoring purchases, and add more to my non-jeans bottoms such as this one:

0033.JPg

lately i've been moving away from jeans and wearing cotton pants/khakis more often...

Any idea when Komakino is getting this season of RO stuff in? Some of this stuff has me tickled pink.*

Sadly, no... they're a bit problematic in that regard. This season the RO stuff arrived on time, but for example Raf Simons, Ann D, and Attachment all came in in April - May, which is quite late.

I would assume end of august to beginning of September, but I'll ask next time I'm there.