this shit is ridiculous

miguel

hahahahha

good one bro.

but i dont buy that shit for a second. but i do think its great to imagine those guys actually reacting to this negative feedback then suddenly changing up their stance like they meant it to be "EDGY" and "CONTROVERSIAL" all along when its nothing more then a bunch of clueless kids (regardless if their intentions were good to begin with) who have no idea what theyre really doing and just dickriding a current trend into something they really have no fucking clue about to begin with. you cant prove me otherwise, dont even try. time to go buy more friends, oh wait nevermind. they dont have to now, these people already did all the work for them.

dude, theres nothing wrong with "reappropriation" or whatever you want to call it now. but if you're gonna do it, at least fucking do it right. 99% of the time that shit is fucking wack and people only use it just to arbitrarily associate themselves with something that makes them appear much 'cooler' then they are, for no other reason then for the sake of being cool. i've seen it done tastefully (some of the graphics on In4mation's t-shirt line comes to mind, for example) and when it works, yeahs its kinda dope.

but hey, its all good i aint trying to shit on anyones parade. i'm happy to be able to add to their "BRILLIANT marketing machine" by fueling their "EDGY campaign" with my negative attitude. totally fucking great!

icon_smile_sleepy.gif

damn, and i promised myself i wouldn't pull this one back out again, oh well:

fakerz.gif

hahahahhaa. it even has ZOOM AIR in it i swear!!!!

Aly, Andrew, shityeah. that "Major Mistake" pic is too fucking hilarious

hahahahha

good one bro.

but i dont buy that shit for a second. but i do think its great to imagine those guys actually reacting to this negative feedback then suddenly changing up their stance like they meant it to be "EDGY" and "CONTROVERSIAL" all along when its nothing more then a bunch of clueless kids (regardless if their intentions were good to begin with) who have no idea what theyre really doing and just dickriding a current trend into something they really have no fucking clue about to begin with. you cant prove me otherwise, dont even try. time to go buy more friends, oh wait nevermind. they dont have to now, these people already did all the work for them.

dude, theres nothing wrong with "reappropriation" or whatever you want to call it now. but if you're gonna do it, at least fucking do it right. 99% of the time that shit is fucking wack and people only use it just to arbitrarily associate themselves with something that makes them appear much 'cooler' then they are, for no other reason then for the sake of being cool. i've seen it done tastefully without the bullshit attached and when it works, yeahs its kinda dope (some of the graphics on In4mation's t-shirt line comes to mind, for example).

but hey, its all good i aint trying to shit on anyones parade. i'm happy to be able to add to their "BRILLIANT marketing machine" by fueling their "EDGY campaign" with my negative attitude. totally fucking great!

icon_smile_sleepy.gif

damn, and i promised myself i wouldn't reissue this limited edition SB pic again, oh well:

fakerz.gif

hahahhahaha, it even has ZOOM AIR in it i swear!!!!

Aly, Andrew, shityeah. that "Major Mistake" pic is too fucking hilarious

Edited by Meth Huffer on Jun 25, 2005 at 01:53 AM

Supreme can rip off Barbara Kruger yet Nike can't ripoff a record label?

Is it the size of the company we're talking about here? Don't tell me Kruger would be happy with her work being taken to sell anything.

And don't tell me none of those guys ever wear Nike either with their "Nike is the antithesis of everything we stand for" I bet they're wearing Converse and Gap whilst they say that.

"Supreme can rip off Barbara Kruger yet Nike can't ripoff a record label?

Is it the size of the company we're talking about here? Don't tell me Kruger would be happy with her work being taken to sell anything.

And don't tell me none of those guys ever wear Nike either with their "Nike is the antithesis of everything we stand for" I bet they're wearing Converse and Gap whilst they say that."

cmon, that's all beside the point. i dont think its about can or can't. for me its about "is it dope or is it wack?" and i'm going with the latter.

shit is just dumb, straight up. "JSBC Inc." all the way. there's no reason for it, it's not that clever, and coming from Nike SB its just that much more wack because of a lot of the other stupid shit they've done in the past.

like i said before, you know, there's nothing wrong with doing that shit, but it still dont exempt you from being a cornbucket. we all remember the first time we saw Britney Spears or whoever rocking whatever flavor of the week dunks and feeling like wtf wackkkk. what did you do? lower your perception of britney's "coolness"? maybe. hate all you want (oh how i do truly enjoy it) it doesnt change anything...

sell all your dunks? you did? why...britney spears made you drop your shoes? thats pretty fucking gay.

looking at the Major Threat poster, did it give u a feeling that Nike took one step closer to the corn field? maybe. hate all you want (oh how i do truly enjoy it) it doesnt change anything...

sell all your nike's? you did? why... because of a poster? go ahead and sell all your MT records while you're at it

conform to your own anti-conformity.

Edited by Meth Huffer on Jun 26, 2005 at 07:25 PM

HAHA BEA !!

YOU WORK FOR NIKE!!!!

I QUOTE MYSELF: (<WHAT A SELF-CENTERED ASSHOLE)

"SO WHAT IF THEY USED TO SKATE IN BLAZERS AND JORDAN 1'S (they were cheap). Why diddnt they get in the game back then?? Why? because they saw skateboarding as a petty hobbie like checkers or skipping rope. They were too busy molding basketball.

Nike is doing nothing good for skateboarding,art,music, or anything thing that doesnt involve a ball."

GO BACK TO "BEA"VERTON AND TELL THE MISSION FAILED!!!!

CLOWN TRIGGER

I wish David Bowie !

I would not have to work so hard at the clinic to get my DUNKLES from Ebay or Try to sleep with JuppaFEETS for my pair of CLERKS kicks. Its a shame. I can only hope that I can one day see some of that nike money.

Bea.

PS.

Q. what do you all think of their Goddess stores?

A. Personally, Im in love. I get threaded like, well, a goddess when I window shop there.

In packs we hunt for you and yours.

of all the stupid reasons to hate nike...

the funniest thing about this whole arguement is how serious everyone is taking it and how people are reverting back to 12 year old message board antics.

ALL CAPS AND BAD PHOTOSHOP ALL THE TIME!

Edited by boystory on Jun 26, 2005 at 11:27 PM

Meth, Nike makes Sneakers to me, that's all they are, they don't define a culture to me, or an anti culture, or anything apart from my favourite brand for sneakers.

Why's everyone so upset? Did they expect better from Nike or something? Do they have such virulent hate for Nike and all it stands for IN PARTICULAR that they can't stand to have anyone at Nike liking their music?

Because they must like it, i'd never ever seen that album cover before because I'm not into that scene, would I be pissed if Nike did a parody design of a hip hop cover? Fuck no. What do I care if Nike does that. My hypocritical antipathy for name brand goods doesn't define my life. Nike is against everything they stand for? If that photo above is Major Threat it looks like they rock name brands just fine.

I get your opinion in the "Boycott Nike" thread, seems a bit opposite to your opinion in here, the same kids hating on Nike because it's a big corporation are doing it for the same reason that people are hating on Nike for using THEIR culture for marketing purposes. "Not in my backyard" seems to be the prevailing opinion, go mess with someone elses culture, we're too cool and anti establishment for you Nike!

thats a very respectable opinion, some of which i would agree 100%. and my own opinion is actualy the same in both threads. here its about how lame i think that poster is. shit is wack, nothing more nothing less. in the other thread its about how dumb it is to let this shit affect you in either side of the spectrum, either you buy into it or you sell it off. the reasons for both seem the same to me.

and yes btw it kinda does make a difference what companies do shit like this. some companies pull their sticks a lot gayer then others and have a longer or cornier history of such faggotry. either way its all wack.

thats all it comes down to.

i dont know why i always waste my time getting caught up in explaining this bullshit, maybe i just really like talking a lot of shit. hahaha

its a respectable opinion some of which i would agree 100% but my own opinion in both threads is actually the same. here its about how lame the poster is. shit is wack nothing more nothing less. and i do what i do best: express my disgust for shit i hate. i still think the SB dept is a disgrace to the company and the "industry" but thats just me, im a fucking hater. but is it enough to make me wanna dump my whole collection and ban the swoosh? why would it? shoes are shoes the same before and after this type of shit happens. i dont look at the shoes any differently. if it's wack it's wack..

but you know, it does actually make a difference to me when one company does something and another does something similar. certain companies pull their stick in gayer ways then others, and sometimes have longer and cornier history of such faggotry. but hey, thats just my double-standard, unfair opinion.

i dont wanna explain this shit anymore, people blown this way outta proportion. but i stand by all my original statements especially this one:

"90% of the people who are against the Major Threat poster dont even know why. 90% of the people who like it don't even know why for the same exact reason.

different sheep same flock."

i see a bunch of trendy fashion fags, and a bunch of anti-trendy fashion fags equally trendy as the former.

if that doesnt apply to you then, holy shit! it doesnt apply to you! kind of a hard concept for some people to grasp. and even harder for some people to realize.

Edited by Meth Huffer on Jun 27, 2005 at 02:48 AM

np bro, I can see your point and I can also look at myself closely enough to see I follow fashion, less so than many (of that I'm certain) and I hope I look at the substance of the goods rather than falling for the hype but I know I'm certainly not immune.

"i see a bunch of trendy fashion fags, and a bunch of anti-trendy fashion fags equally trendy as the former."

thats YOU in a nutshell..

Smile

(you're on camera)

Edited by Selegna on Jul 7, 2005 at 04:39 PM