Paris - the coolest shops

djfischer

Hey everybody,

I am going to Paris in July and wanted to see whether you could give me some tips on some cool shops there. I`ve been there before, but until now only saw the obvious ones like Colette. So, if you have some ideas, please let me know. Thanks a lot in advance.

www.highsnobiety.com

News on trends in fashion, urban culture, design, gadgets, art and travel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also love Kokon To Zai. It's a tiny store but full with very funky stuff. Recently I spotted Bernhard Wilhelm here. Also you should visit Colette, although I think that sometimes the store is a bit overrated. Love the new Viktor & Rolf Monsieur sweaters at Colette. Also visit one of the L'Eclaireur branches in town. take a look on http://www.leclaireur.com/ for the exact places.

expertof<u>style</u>

Or, go somewhere else. Have been in Paris for four days now and I must say, the general shopping experience has been far from great. I mean the service you get, in resturants and most stores, is awful.

I would much rather go to LA, San Francisco, New York or London where they have a decant selection of street-ware than to be stuck in Paris, were it is annoyingly difficult to get a taxi or proper service. I have not been to all the stores mentioned but I went to Colette and lazy dog today. They were both okay, but nothing special.

Although I do agree that the general shopping experience is different in Paris than say, the U.S., I wouldn't characterize it as "awful." Sure, the employees don't dote on you as much, but they weren't as rude and as arrogant to me as is the stereotype. I was greeted with a warm "bonjour" by the heads at Collette and the dude at Surface 2 Air was mad helpful and courteous. Maybe it's because I don't really care about being helped at stores...Different Strokes for Different Folks.

oh, my bad, I went to starcow, not lazy dog. And I did not mean that those two shops had especially bad service, it was all right, I just didn't like the selection, but that is a matter of taste. It doesn't have to be like the US (it would be nice though) but I would settle if they behaved like in Sweden, where I am from, with just a little helpfulness. Went to gallerie Lafayette yesterday, were all the clerks behaved as if they were stoned, and then bad service at the place I had dinner. The same day the hotel clerk began to argue with me when I told him that my internet connection in my room wasn't working and that they would actually have to DO (oh no) something about it. It all amount up, and then the taxi thing again grrrr.

Had a good experience when walking by the Eiffel tower, behind two elderly American women. One of them said to the other ‘I wonder how they managed to build that thing, they are so lazy’.

On my Paris trip I went to Starcow, ADN Sneaker lab, Opium and Colette. I can suggest you all of them. ADN SNKR LAb is still not ready, but already looks amazing. Opium has a dope selection of Nike`s. Starcow has great clothing (UXA, +41, many others) and also a really nice Medicom Toy selection. Colette stands for itself. One has to go.

If you want to know more about Colette, read the feature on Highsnobiety.com in the end of this week.

www.highsnobiety.com

News on trends in fashion, urban culture, design, gadgets, art and travel.