Common Projects sneakers

I own quite a few pairs of different models of CP and all share the same sole which in my opinion is pretty much bomb proof. My training boots are 4 years old, been through snow and salt in Whistler to sand in California and soil and heat in Australia and the older they get the better and softer they feel. Looked at them the other day, and no stitching, or glue is coming apart anywhere, not even the crease where it bends constantly. Granted I don't skate in them or anything but I walk a lot in them. They aren't babied either. I own the chukkas and they are really soft and comfy. I find with most CPs, the heel tends to be a little uncomfortable at first (I believe it is triple backed with a layer of plastic) but once it softens they feel worthy of their RRP. I have never bought a pair at RRP but now owning so many, I'd gladly pay retail. 

+1 for the chukkas, leather is lush.

I got some "Saphir Invulner" water and stain protector, gave them 2 coats diddnt darken the colour at all and any water droplets just roll off. I dont think you can get it in US anymore, but get some protector without silicone in it, Apparently that damages the leather. 2 months in wearing 2/3x a week and they still look new, the leather on the inside softens up and forms so they fit like a glove.

Say what you want about prices going up and quality down, In my opinion CP's are definitely still some of the best in the game.

I'm looking to buying my first pair of CP's, and I was looking at the chukka highs. I know at sites like SSENSE, they go on sale, but I'm looking at a pair of light grey ones somewhere else which isn't on sale. My question is, how often do they go on sale most of the time? Is the light grey color harder to find now so should I purchase this pair soon? Thanks.

Dark grey chukkas at Tres Bien is like ~260 with code FOOTWEARDEAL

I've seen staples in the line go on sale from vendors, it's mostly at the end of a season though

Maybe I'll wait it out until the end of the summer to buy a pair. Thanks, fellas.

Dark grey chukkas at Tres Bien is like ~260 with code FOOTWEARDEAL

I've seen staples in the line go on sale from vendors, it's mostly at the end of a season though

Maybe I'll wait it out until the end of the summer to buy a pair. Thanks, fellas.

To continue with that, if you don't live in EU, it's another 20% as tax is included. I bought some some Achilles Mids from TBS and they worked out to be a really good price!

Considering you own 4 pairs (Chukkas) I was wondering if you could tell me if youre the same in all of your models? I am torn between a 39 and 40 for the Chukkas.

One thing I noticed when trying them on is that they are tight at the middle of the foot.  It feels like something is choking the the mid-part of your foot.  People with wider feet I assume have to size up.  DId yours stretch over time?

I have a 40 in Achilles BTW

I own quite a few pairs of different models of CP and all share the same sole which in my opinion is pretty much bomb proof. My training boots are 4 years old, been through snow and salt in Whistler to sand in California and soil and heat in Australia and the older they get the better and softer they feel. Looked at them the other day, and no stitching, or glue is coming apart anywhere, not even the crease where it bends constantly. Granted I don't skate in them or anything but I walk a lot in them. They aren't babied either. I own the chukkas and they are really soft and comfy. I find with most CPs, the heel tends to be a little uncomfortable at first (I believe it is triple backed with a layer of plastic) but once it softens they feel worthy of their RRP. I have never bought a pair at RRP but now owning so many, I'd gladly pay retail. 

Thanks for the replies, guys! Just for future reference, what are some other sites besides SSENSE, thecorner, Mr. Porter, and RevolveClothing that often have Common Projects for sale? So that I know which sites to look out for that may be having an end of the season sale. Thanks again!

Considering you own 4 pairs (Chukkas) I was wondering if you could tell me if youre the same in all of your models? I am torn between a 39 and 40 for the Chukkas.

One thing I noticed when trying them on is that they are tight at the middle of the foot.  It feels like something is choking the the mid-part of your foot.  People with wider feet I assume have to size up.  DId yours stretch over time?

I have a 40 in Achilles BTW

Not sure where I said I own 4 chukkas... But I have 7 pairs all up and all are size 45. The chukkas are slightly tighter around mid foot but that is good because they are looser in the heel. They stretch out where they need to in my opinion.

For reference I own Achilles Mid, BBall Hi, Tournament Hi, Training Boot, Derby Shoe, Desert Chukka and Tournament Low Velcro. All in 45 and fit practically the same to me, not enough to warrant a downsize or upsize.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

anyone know where i can get the black/white Achilles low? i've only see the full black ones around.. thanks in advance guys! 

they're releasing again next season

with much needed black lining, instead of white on the older version.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...