Hotsauce, mmmm...good stuff

rome1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever try pureeing a few habaneros in your mouth? You can't taste anything the next day. I hear swallowing them can give you ulcers.

I remember going grocery shopping when I was young. We came by some habaneros and my dad dared me to taste it. Clearly neither him nor I knew what the hell I was getting into. Good thing I only bit a tiny bit.

Can the human body even handle one of these things? If I ever consumed some of this, I'd probably kill myself if it's as hot as it sounds.

Yeah you will probably die. Won't stop me from trying it though haha.

and keep the chilli/hot sauce related stories coming people.

the best i've seen here.

death by chilli with the health benefits of ginseng.

truly living in complete hell.

haha - well after you get past the dying part, it's actually quite tasty.

the first two ingredients are habanero and cayenne, but there's lime and honey too.

rome, this is a great thread. i love hot sauce. got addicted to it when i was a kid.

however, the amount my wife and i consume, it's a little expensive to keep getting the little bottles. that's why, we usually just use crushed or powdered dried peppers. our favorite being special ones from thailand which are super duper hot.

what is the best bang for the buck?

Black people don't have salad dressing, we got hot sauce!

- Chris Rock

---

Damn that looks good, too bad hot sauce isn't that popular in Australia.

hot sauce, korean red pepper paste, and crushed red pepper are a MUST in the kitchen.

speaking of crushed red pepper, i can't seem to have any type of italian food without it. pizza isn't pizza for me unless i can sprinkle a shitload of pepper...pasta seems to taste 2874298343 times better when i make it spicy...

hot sauce, korean red pepper paste, and crushed red pepper are a MUST in the kitchen.

speaking of crushed red pepper, i can't seem to have any type of italian food without it. pizza isn't pizza for me unless i can sprinkle a shitload of pepper...pasta seems to taste 2874298343 times better when i make it spicy...

A-fucking-men.

• 1 month later...
00tapitiolg.jpg

I just got a bottle of this and can't wait to BBQ later on tonight to try it out. Any one else have any favorites they care to discuss? receipes? suggestions for cooking?:D

image10.jpg

im choosing to bump this cause i just had a sandwich and i was using tapatio sauce and it was good but i was raised on valentina so i always go back there.

sriracha-sauce.jpg

what is this one again, i think ive seen it in the fridge before but i tried it.

i had to bump this cause ive been on a spicy food kick recently. i remember being a kid and almost crying when i first tried mongolian beef, had some yesterday and it was so good.

is anyone else a fan of curb your enthusiasm?

this thread reminded me of the time larry put a ridiculous amount of hot sauce and peppers on his dinner so his semen would taste amazing to the professional blow-...jobber...he met.

you know its funny when youre all alone and you cant stop laughing.

Moms once dared my brother and I to each eat a habanero. Popped that fucker in and suffered greatly. I come from the cold north and was out eating snowbanks for a good 30 minutes before realizing that it wasn't helping and just succumbing to the torment.

I've also consumed a toothpick dip of Da Bomb, in similar circumstances, with similar results.

Basically, I never learn shit.

As for the actual enjoyment of spicy foods, my fam has always relied heavily on Melinda's hot sauce. The XXXX Reserve is a personal fave; it's definitely not as spicy as the name would suggest. But, as is the golden rule, has a nice heat/flavor balance.

Some little roadside farmer shop near my parents house also sometimes stocks these habanero pickled asparagus bullets. Not really a sauce, per se, but mixing the habanero-infused brine in w/ mashed potatoes is next level to my own personal taste buds.