TOKYO superfuture Superguide

xhomme

yohji store is nice i think. very sparse interior wise but I like the space - very roomy - and the big spiral staircase.

Yohji isn't doing so hot. They closed down the Roppongi store and the Y's store got converted to a Y-3/Y's store cuz the clothes weren't selling.

haha. speak to nicole. she has left... but agree that that job was the best fashion buyers job on earth...

Restir in ginza and mid-town is amazing. If I went into fashion 100%, I love to be a buyer/SA for that retail space.

Truth:

• women and men of tokyo dress better than you nomatter how fly you think you are or how different you think your style is. the’ve been there and done that and looked better doing it.

Beg to differ man. Its funny to see guys like this come from out of town and be in awe of all the J kids who look like they got dressed blindfolded at a flea market. Fly, this is not.

there's a whole lot of stores that are really hard to find...

Yes.

Even with gps installed in all taxis (i was deathly ill so fuck the trains), I was dropped off blocks away from everything, not knowing at all which way to walk once I got out. It got to be a joke after a while...after about 10 taxis, on our last trip in Tokyo to PBJ, the driver (who was most apologetic about not finding the location) inadvertently dropped us off right in front.

But this is not necessarily a bad thing. If you can afford the time, wandering around without a plan is like shopper's paradise.

Cell phone helps a lot too. Didn't have one...wish I did.

as long as it doesn't involve PBJ, hinoya, or redmoon.

i frequent high! standard (one of my fav stores), hollywood ranch market, the backdrop, and nepenthes for the REAL amekaji-fix.

the appeal of HIGH! standard is the collabos.

I don't wanna sound like a hypebeast but

they do collabos with brands like mount raineer design and dickies.

their selection of dickies (the +++MIJ dickies jawns) is pretty impressive

i haven't been to restir. There aren't enough "cool" stores in midtown to warrant going

Whatever...I guess you'se just not balla enough. Hell they have a Time & Style store (one of the BEST furniture design companies in Japan) and an entire interior design floor at the top. And the restaurants are top notch. Wonderwall designed the Kafka restaurant. The only problem with Mid Town is that its too Media-kei.

i aint ballin like rajio. im poor. the only restaurant i can afford to go to is matsuya.

i thought john galli is for gaye men (well, lots of gay men in tokyo seem to like it)

a lot of ura-hara boutiques do kuumba incense, right?

i know supreme daikanyama does nag champas sometimes

FIL smells nice for some reason. I don't think it's an incense.