Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Thank you for the excellent write-up Paul T. Now we have the definitive answer to the question of whether the 1108 is based on a 60s cut! Your own 1108 are stunning as well - really some of the very best faded Fullcount jeans I've seen.

Not going to argue with the guy who makes them, but my 1108s fit nothing like my LVC '66s do or Sugar Cane '66s did.

I am undecided between the 1101 and the 1108. Between BiG, Pirates, and Denimio which one did you guys find have the more accurate measurements (I know there is a bit of variation)? They all kind of seem to be all over the place. Going off of BiGs measurements I can't imagine the 1101s in a sz36 have a 8.25in leg opening with 13.5in thigh. The others are much more reasonable but if BiGs measurements are true, I can't imagine anyone really being able to pull that off.

I trust BiG.  Im pretty sure the "official" Full Count measurements were messed up at one point, and as a result a few of the Japanese sites (Denimio, Okayama Denim) had the wrong measurements for certain models.  IIRC, the thigh measurement on a washed 0105 size 32 was like 12", which is a full inch smaller than actuality.  I think this has since been fixed, but I am not 100% certain

Edited by garden gnomes in space

I haven't the time to look at your other sources, but the BIG measurements for my size 30 are in line with my own measurements. The 1101 does have quite a taper below the knee but would suit you if your thighs are on the larger size compared to your waist, because then you fill out the cut a little more. Remember as well that you will loose some of the taper at the leg opening with hemming so it might not actually be as significant once you're wearing them.

Ultimately, your choice between the 1101 and 1108 depends on your preference of cut and also your proportions. Whichever cut you choose, you can't go wrong with Fullcount.

Edited by Sugar Mountain

Thanks for the opinions! I know the leg opening would be a bit bigger when but hemmed but I was just taken back by how small it is when un-hemmed.

I'm mainly just trying to find a replacement for my PBJ XX-009s. I like the fit but I need a bit more front rise and a little bit smaller leg opening (PBJs are 9.4in at 31"). I think the 1108 would better fit the bill, but I'm a bit nervous since the rear rise is borderline too small (as long as it doesn't drop below 15in, it'll be fine).

Thanks again!

EDIT: Also, I looked back just a few pages and saw someone asked a very similar question. Should have read the thread a bit before posting. Sorry!

Edited by d-rew12

Isn't the 1101 in between the 1108 and 0105 in terms of room through the leg and thigh, with the 1108 being the trimmest and the 0105 the loosest/most relaxed?  Are there other differences between these three cuts that clearly distinguish them (e.g., front or back rise, leg opening)?

I realize I could spend 10 minutes on the BiG website to answer these questions but would also appreciate input from those with experience with all three models.  I have the 1108XX, by the way, and like it -- but it might be nice to have something that's a bit more relaxed through the thigh so I don't have to order a slightly larger waist then necessary.

Also (and just out of curiosity) which of these three cuts would you say is most or least popular?

Thanks.

John

Personally for me the 1101 is the best fit. I am 6ft 3 and wear them in a w33 with no hem. The taper is really not that drastic and I think they are a comfortable everyday cut. I owned the 1108 which I found uncomfortable in the top block and a bit wide from the knee down.

Right there with you cmo. The cut of the 1101 took a minute for me to get used to after a straighter cut, but now they feel very natural on me and certainly not too tapered. As I said, if your legs are a little bigger in the thigh, you fill out the cut and they end up looking quite straight. I'd like to try out the 0105 cut in the future though.

Like Sugar Mountain said, the 1101 is a great cut if you've got bigger thighs and want a bit of taper.

I sized down one and the waist is just right, as the 13.7 denim stretches quite quickly.

I've been meaning to get my pair hemmed for quite some time now, the cuff looks a bit too sloppy in it's current state.

Here is a link to the Fullcount blog

http://www.fullcount.co.jp/blog/

if you scroll down a few posts there is a pic of an article from clutch magazine , according to it there is

1100-14-01 1101 cut

1100-14-02 1108 cut

1100-14-03 0105 cut also mentions 1922 model

1100-14-04 0105 cut

I believe this is what Ed is referring to John, correct me if I am wrong though.

thanks bro im talking about the 1100-14-03  with a 1922 top block and a 1 size larger bottom which is a fairly new cut the 1922 has a mid taper from the thigh down wel i think this will be quite straight with a very slight taper