chris_n

Full Count Denim Thread

comparing the standard fc 13.75 oz denim to the cone on my rs blacksmith (around 14 oz?) and mf 54 (12 oz?), the fc denim is softer than cone but the weave has more irregularities. it also fades quicker to white, compared to cone that goes through a temporary light blue phase for much longer. 

Seems like Full Count is also following the recent trends (or rather catching up with PBJ, Oni, etc.) and leavin the classic routes.:

"Super Rough": http://www.fullcount-online.com/category/C003/1101SR.html

"Indigo x black": http://www.fullcount-online.com/category/C003/1101SRB.html 

"Slub Yarn": http://www.fullcount-online.com/category/C003/1108SL.html

The changes at Full Count have made me pleased I bought my "classic" pair before they started screwing with stuff. For one thing, the inseam on my size (31) has since been changed to 32" rather than 34, so a new pair wouldn't even be long enough for me.

I'll reserve judgement on the new stuff until i have handled it but glad I have a pair of the original line in rotation and another brand new  pair with arcs/tabs tucked away for a later date. 

maybe some retailer can get full count to make a cut like the 1108/(old)1101 with bigger thighs and hips (eg closer to 13 instead of 12 inch thighs). i love the 13.7oz fabric enough that i’m still wearing my pair of 1108s because a better cut doesn’t exist in their current lineup (who can pull off an 18” back rise??). i doubt the arcs/tabs are ever coming back (why they wouldn’t in japan is beyond me), but full count’s “flagship” denim is a bonafide classic and i don’t want this to be my last pair in it.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:25 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Seems like Full Count is also following the recent trends (or rather catching up with PBJ, Oni, etc.) and leavin the classic routes.:

"Super Rough": http://www.fullcount-online.com/category/C003/1101SR.html

"Indigo x black": http://www.fullcount-online.com/category/C003/1101SRB.html 

"Slub Yarn": http://www.fullcount-online.com/category/C003/1108SL.html

its a shame they don't ship to the UK

Just received up a Full Count collaboration 1940's style Jacket in 13 oz Selvedge Denim - is this Full Count's standard denim?

I've now noticed the description for the product reads "Sanforized denim, will reduce shrinkage and twisting after washing" - wasn't aware Full Count made sanforized denim. Any ideas how it might shrink? The care label states 5% which doesn't make sense if it's sanforized. Perplexed.

PZvrHiMh.jpg

X-POST with WAYWT. I'm wearing the Fullcount 1108's. A tad slim on the thighs but oh well

@cool_hand a denim that's gone through the sanforising process can still shrink. I'd soak first to test the waters 

Hi has anyone on here tried the 1110 fit yet I’m interested in getting another pair have they made the thighs bigger 

great fit Collin...

On 1/7/2020 at 9:25 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

What's the best way to order one of those from outside Japan?

great fit. love the grizzly's. is that a visvim medicine bag as well?

Edited by louisbosco

59 minutes ago, JDelage said:

What's the best way to order one of those from outside Japan?

Probably asking the usual suspects if they will carry them. So Okayama Denim or Bears 

Looks like OD will be carrying the 1101SRB at least. Might be a no brainer for me...

Some updated fit pics of my 1101. I guess this is what sitting on my ass most of the days will do to the fades. Not much left of the arcuates and the lower legs seem to hold on to the indigo well despite numerous washes. 

zvW113e.jpg

MDVaznf.jpg

@japanalogue look forward to the SDA interview. Love the brand but actually know little about the guys behind it. 

You should have asked Miki San about the arcs and tab decision....

Edited by Geeman

i just ordered a pair of 33 inch 1108w’s

does anyone know what true size they are in one wash? i have a pair of pbj xx005 in 33 and they fit just slightly loose after breaking in. 

i also have a pair of momotaro 705sp in 32 that are balls tight.  it seems like it’s always a gamble between the 2 sizes, i hear the 1108 has a pretty tight top block so i’m hoping the 33 will work in my favor. 

you won't have any trouble with the waist, on a 33 it could probably stretch to 35 easy and perhaps beyond. though if you do have big balls then because of the peculiar cut – tight in the balls – you might be in for a ride. let us know how you get on, or don't.

3 hours ago, oomslokop said:

you won't have any trouble with the waist, on a 33 it could probably stretch to 35 easy and perhaps beyond. though if you do have big balls then because of the peculiar cut – tight in the balls – you might be in for a ride. let us know how you get on, or don't.

i’m thinking the potentially tight thighs will hold my pants up, or the high rise. 

2nd day wearing the 1108w’s. already stretched quite a bit, very soft and light compared to the iron heart 21 ouncers. they aren’t stiff at all, i fee like i’m wearing just regular levi’s. i’m hoping they don’t stretch too much more. whenever i get a 32 i can’t even button them up, and i go for the 33s but they always seem to stretch then become too in. it will be interesting to see how i can get these to fade, im going to assume they won’t be heavily contrasted. 

3 hours ago, dennnnnnnnn said:

im going to assume they won’t be heavily contrasted. 

hold my standard denim 1108:

23324429632_b44b06a6ce_c.jpg

23406732166_d27452e03d_c.jpg

23137355290_b8440be09c_c.jpg

That’s quite the jeans holder you have there, Ooms, made me smile this morning, thanks!

Looks like Glad Hand is collaborating with FC this year according to the snippet on their website for 2020 offerings.

8456B3E6-2E14-4A3B-8DBE-7A8EBF4CC5FA.jpeg

Edited by mlwdp

the iron hearts gave me some pretty crisp fades. i’m pretty hard on my jeans and can’t wait to see how the 1108 will compare  

933C7620-EE6C-42B3-AE75-7B71C7312405.jpeg

Edited by dennnnnnnnn

1101 on the bum for some springtime bass fishing

42C67870-3EA8-4239-BB44-78468A0CF0D9.jpeg