Jump to content
chris_n

Full Count Denim Thread

Recommended Posts

Read a little back about the whole back pocket fiasco. It seemed at the time, they said there would be two version (in Japan), but sadly all I am seeing on rakuten are the no arcs. Found a pair of 1101XXs with arcs on yahoo auctions (https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/o315183176). Not a deal or anything but tempted.

Had a pair of regular 1101s from a while ago that I wore for a few months and stopped. Kind of tempted to grab another pair as I am in need of a new pair!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Except for the "do it yourself" painted arcs coming with the new WW2 model :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BiG has 4 models up in one wash.

The 0105 is a mightily sized jean. Size 34 one wash has an 18" back rise. That's a lot of back rise. The leg opening is bigger by about 3/4 of an inch. The front rise seems bigger, as does the thigh and knee. Not a fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did they decide to put a tiny 31" inseam on the one-washed models smaller than size 33? I'm glad I bought my old 1108s (which have a 34" inseam) when I did because the new ones would be way too short for me.

It's puzzling to me why Japanese companies like Full Count that are seeking overseas success insist on doing this when there are a whole lot of people in the US and Europe who need a longer inseam. It's extremely easy to hem jeans if they're too long, but there's nothing you can do if they're too short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone here use the full count 6210/6211 wild leather belt? I have one in natural color and have worn it primarily for around 5 years now. The plating on the buckle on the top half is gone and what seems like brass or rust under is showing. Does anyone know what material they use for buckles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mousemouse said:

Does anyone here use the full count 6210/6211 wild leather belt? I have one in natural color and have worn it primarily for around 5 years now. The plating on the buckle on the top half is gone and what seems like brass or rust under is showing. Does anyone know what material they use for buckles?

Okayama Denim says it's a brass buckle, so it's probably just the natural patina. 

This is my brass buckle.  It started out uniformly shiny, and now one side is considerably duller than the other. 

I'd just go with it, but you may be able to polish it. 

 

20190805_214241.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, fresh1 said:

Okayama Denim says it's a brass buckle, so it's probably just the natural patina. 

This is my brass buckle.  It started out uniformly shiny, and now one side is considerably duller than the other. 

I'd just go with it, but you may be able to polish it. 

 

20190805_214241.jpg

Thanks @fresh1 I guess the part of my belt with no coating looks similar

belt.thumb.jpg.9e099d51b8d3463e6db671b2adbdaf33.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's probably the way we handle the buckle or possibly the top touches our stomach when sitting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is due to my droopy boobs hanging out of the bottom of my t-shirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Mine is due to my droopy boobs hanging out of the bottom of my t-shirt.

Making a note to myself not to click on the WAYWT thread if I see that you are the most recent poster... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full Count 1101 just shy of 10 months of everyday wear and probably as many washes. Easily the comfiest pair I've owned. 

KSbitAA.jpg

jlxk7Jq.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fullcount 1108XX after six years of wear.

b12bae-1568453648.jpeg

0367bb-1568453350.jpeg

131d7b-1568453571.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those look great. 

Wish I paid more attention to them changing the styles completely and got a pair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I‘m going to sell a brand new 0105 (13,7OZ) in size 34, one washed version.

It is the discontinued version and has the arcs.

Never worn nor even tried on. It‘s still in the plastic bag. Brand new with tags. PM me, if you are interested. Shipped from Germany.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/113938926719

Edited by Bill_e_jean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

question about the (old) 0105 - from measurements i’ve seen it looks like the waist is bigger on these compared to 1108, etc? so for an actual 34inch waist would a 32 or 33 work?

been wearing 1108s (w34) for about a month and the 13.7oz denim is just as great as everyone says it is,  but the thighs/hips are just too tight. can’t find any 1101s so i am thinking maybe 0105 will work with a slight taper.

 

Edited by wavehead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wavehead said:

question about the (old) 0105 - from measurements i’ve seen it looks like the waist is bigger on these compared to 1108, etc? so for an actual 34inch waist would a 32 or 33 work?

been wearing 1108s (w34) for about a month and the 13.7oz denim is just as great as everyone says it is,  but the thighs/hips are just too tight. can’t find any 1101s so i am thinking maybe 0105 will work with a slight taper.

 

I have an old 1101 and 0105, both are a 32 waist. They both have an oversized waist but the 0105 sits higher at the waistline and is therefore tighter ( but comfortable) as it sits on my wine gut. The 1101 is slightly loose as it sits lower. The 0105 is a fantastic jean but it is much more of a full cut than your 1108 and the taper is not very noticeable, it appears straight when worn, it's a 50's cut basically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Brand - 125 x 125