Jump to content
chris_n

Full Count Denim Thread

Recommended Posts

On 3/30/2017 at 7:56 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

If I’m not completely wrong the 1110 is slimmer and more tapered than the 1109. The 1109 is rather a slim/narrow straight (with only a gentle taper) whereas the 1110 is slim and has significant taper.
The Z refers to Zipper. The 1110 exists as a version with zipper and with buttons. The XX however refers to the denim and is the Full Count’s 15.5oz denim. The 1100Z or 1110 come in Full Count’s flagship denim with 13.7oz. Both denims are made of Zimbabwe cotton. The XX denim is also darker than the regular denim but also fades slower (from what I have seen).

The Okaya site is describing the 1110 as "true slim tapered, ample room in middle rise, comfortable sized thighs, with aggressive taper to leg opening". desribes the 1009 as "low rise, narrow top block, slim knees and taper to leg opening". goes on to suggest 1110 for wider thighs - that seem accurate/reasonable? when you say the 1110 is slimmer than 1109 makes me question if the Okaya statements are accurate. trying to decide between 1110 and 1109 or maybe even the 1108 - but from pictures i prefer the 1110 or 1109 aesthic. anyways just want to make sure i'm getting the info right!

https://www.okayamadenim.com/blogs/news/find-your-fit-which-fullcount-pair-is-best-for-you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, jsky808080 said:

The Okaya site is describing the 1110 as "true slim tapered, ample room in middle rise, comfortable sized thighs, with aggressive taper to leg opening". desribes the 1009 as "low rise, narrow top block, slim knees and taper to leg opening". goes on to suggest 1110 for wider thighs - that seem accurate/reasonable? when you say the 1110 is slimmer than 1109 makes me question if the Okaya statements are accurate. trying to decide between 1110 and 1109 or maybe even the 1108 - but from pictures i prefer the 1110 or 1109 aesthic. anyways just want to make sure i'm getting the info right!

https://www.okayamadenim.com/blogs/news/find-your-fit-which-fullcount-pair-is-best-for-you

Its interesting that their size guides suggest otherwise - the 1109 has the same hem as a 1108 but slimmer knees and thighs #bootcut. The 1110 have a high rise and wider thighs than a 1108 but from the knee down they are a very aggressive taper I had to peel mine off after every wear. tigerstrom 1101 look great but again the okayama sizing suggest these are slimmer than a 1108 and I find the thigh on these too tight in my usual 34 waist (don't know why this is bold text sorry all)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

size 32 on all the cuts will get u yr desired 34 waist easy after stretch (even in one wash). then it's just a matter of working out which form/shape/fit of the cuts u like best. in the old cuts, the thigh width gradually increases from 1108 to 1101 to 0105. since 1101 has a looser top block it feels like it has more taper than 1108. 1109 should be tighter than 1108 and pretty much same shape. 1110 has the currently popular "relaxed taper" fit. 1101 i think is the easiest wearing if you're worried about the thighs/legs being too tight but don't want the super relaxed fit of the 0105.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jsky808080 said:

perfect. i tried on the 1109 onewash, not sure the store does a 1110 one wash. if i get one wash - will the waist still stretch out? also - ALL shinkage is gone after one wash, correct (just trying to avoid having jeans too tight on thighs again)

if there is no 1110 one wash - any idea how the thighs would end up on a 32 or 33 waist (my natural waist 34)

Yes the one wash will still stretch out, I can't comment on a 32-33 measurements as I wear 31. 

Also,... what Ooms said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oomslokop said:

size 32 on all the cuts will get u yr desired 34 waist easy after stretch (even in one wash). then it's just a matter of working out which form/shape/fit of the cuts u like best. in the old cuts, the thigh width gradually increases from 1108 to 1101 to 0105. since 1101 has a looser top block it feels like it has more taper than 1108. 1109 should be tighter than 1108 and pretty much same shape. 1110 has the currently popular "relaxed taper" fit. 1101 i think is the easiest wearing if you're worried about the thighs/legs being too tight but don't want the super relaxed fit of the 0105.

perfect. from pictures i can see on the full count site of guys wearing the jeans (although they may have different builds than western men)-  i like the look of 1108, 1110 and sometimes 1109 (but dont like the lower rise of the 1109 on me). the 1101 looks a bit too relaxed for what i'm going for - so i think it will be between the 1108 or 1110. would the 1108 and 1110 have similar thigh measurements? or 1108 wider thigh?

i hope the store has one wash then should be relatively easy to size with your advice re waist (thanks!!)

ps: when you say "old cuts" - i think you mean with arcs/tabs? the ones at the london stocklist still have arcs (tabs removed). i think i saw on here arcs/tabs going which may mean new cut coming too?

Edited by jsky808080

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

old cuts = fc's three flagship cuts, 1108, 1101, 0105. the thighs on the 1108 are not spacious by any means, 1110 has a little more room up top on the thigh/crotch but way more taper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, oomslokop said:

old cuts = fc's three flagship cuts, 1108, 1101, 0105. the thighs on the 1108 are not spacious by any means, 1110 has a little more room up top on the thigh/crotch but way more taper.

seems the 1108 thigh with 32 waist is around 12.5 - unless it shinks up but i'll try to go with onewash. i just wanted thighs to be around 11.9 - 12.3. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can tell you the thighs will probably be tighter on the 1108. My size 34 and 35 have around 12.25-12.5" thighs after a wash so the size 32 should be slimmer. But if you can handly 11.9" it could work.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wear 32 in 1108. if u can wait till next week i can give u real life measurements of a 4yo pair.

Edited by oomslokop
more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 12:06 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I can tell you the thighs will probably be tighter on the 1108. My size 34 and 35 have around 12.25-12.5" thighs after a wash so the size 32 should be slimmer. But if you can handly 11.9" it could work.

the 3 sixteens i have now are 11.4 thights (fine when standing but annoy me when at work sitting down). i think 11.9 would be all good. having a few days from the forum does seem over the top to analyse 11.4 vs 11.9 - but in my mind it makes a difference. thanks for the detailed info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 7:44 PM, oomslokop said:

i wear 32 in 1108. if u can wait till next week i can give u real life measurements of a 4yo pair.

yes i can wait. thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/06/2018 at 2:30 AM, Iron Horse said:

 

Did anybody get the 1101 25th anniversary XX EX jeans. I have only seen posts on the 1108 EX. Having decided against them, wearing my 1933 LVCs has kindled an interest in 1101 XX EXs given the rear rivets and cinch and the fact that the 1101 fit is better for me than the 1108. I would like to see how that denim has evolved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/06/2018 at 2:30 AM, Iron Horse said:

 

 

9 minutes ago, Dry said:

Did anybody get the 1101 25th anniversary XX EX jeans. I have only seen posts on the 1108 EX. Having decided against them, wearing my 1933 LVCs has kindled an interest in 1101 XX EXs given the rear rivets and cinch and the fact that the 1101 fit is better for me than the 1108. I would like to see how that denim has evolved.

Here we go again! Not convinced by the arcs but couldn't resist ordering 2 rigid pairs (size 30 and 31) while you can still get them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First post here and thought I'd share some fitpics of my Full Count 1101 OW that I received on Friday. The news of Full Count getting rid of the arcs and tabs pushed me towards the purchase and I'm glad I got them. I got a size W33 and they have stretched to be comfortable on the top block and through the thighs. Thank you @beautiful_FrEaK and @tigerstrom for helping with the sizing! 

dVKf170.jpg?1

nNghf5W.jpg

qGmsznO.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you @beautiful_FrEaK! Yes, the size 33 was definitely the right choice. The thighs were not an issue which I was afraid of. Once the denim settles a bit more I'm sure these will drape a lot better.

Will definitely try to be active here as this site has been a great resource of information for years :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, would like to take 1108. Am I need to downsize or take true size? To get a little bit loose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, alpharikk said:

Hi, would like to take 1108. Am I need to downsize or take true size? To get a little bit loose.

Depends what you mean by a little bit loose- in the waist or as a silhouette? If you want looser in the waist, go true to size as the rule with Fullcount is size down one, and it will still stretch. If you want a loose cut, the 1108 is not the one to go for- you'll need 0105 which is in my opinion the best Fullcount jean. Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/11/2018 at 10:36 AM, Dry said:

 

Here we go again! Not convinced by the arcs but couldn't resist ordering 2 rigid pairs (size 30 and 31) while you can still get them.

My 1101 XX EXs have now arrived safe and sound from Joe's. Beautiful 15 oz raw denim. Stockists only seem to have 1 pair for each size where they haven't already sold out. I'll post some better pics when there is good light. 

IMG_20181123_2052369.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some 1101XX EX 25th anniversary revival jeans alongside my 1108XXs which I have been wearing evenings and weekends for 27 months.

IMG_20181123_2057168.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 sizing related questions, on two different brands from me today, on a damn roll! (maybe going to buy myself a Christmas gift).

Taking a long hard look at the FC 0105 in the 13 oz denim. Does anybody know where I might be able to locate a sizing chart for the raw version of these? Okayama Denim seems to only have the One Wash chart posted. 

Second question, I read a couple times on the FC topic that you guys were recommending to go 1 size down from your usual waist size of other brands. Is everybody still finding this to be true?

And last but not least, How much shrinkage should one expect to see in the leg length of the Full Count denim?


Sorry for posting the same ol same ol questions (and honestly, it is highly possible that I will end up answering these for myself seeing as I am currently a full year back in the pages of the FC thread creeping on old posts) but Im trying to find the answer in a timely manner incase I feel obliged to take advantage of the Black Friday sale at Okayama Denim 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my 1108 back from being hemmed at Self Edge in LA, I think this is gonna be my new favorite pair of jeans.  It's unfortunate that Full Count will be making changes in details and cuts cause these are amazing, glad I snagged a pair a very good price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Brand - 125 x 125