chris_n

Full Count Denim Thread

They are like my 0105SFS (without the painted kanji) from which I removed the cinch. There is no crotch rivet, one of the key 1937 details.

FC1108R sandwiched between the most recent Real McCoy’s and SDA releases...

722DB1A5-A3B1-4EB5-BE51-A8FFCEE266FE.jpeg

164E853B-1D92-4607-9F6B-3F1AC409E6AB.jpeg

FE67A625-FE8B-43D7-B297-484D572F4134.jpeg

9C6C47FB-A780-4427-A3D2-F53941A06A08.jpeg

let me see what I can do - I'd say the chances are good, sizing seems to have worked out fine.

maybe, I get to take measurements tonight and pics later this week...

7 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

let me see what I can do - I'd say the chances are good, sizing seems to have worked out fine.

maybe, I get to take measurements tonight and pics later this week...

i'm keen to see your post wash measurements as these do look oversized on the measurements i've seen pre wash online.

yeah, the measurements that got posted got me worried - some just copied FC's set, some had their own measurements and once the jeans became available some shops updated their data.
very confusing to say the least - I pre-ordered and opted for a compromise: 1 up from my standard size

here are my measurements:

size W33
waist 44.5cm
front rise 30.0cm
back rise 37.0cm
thigh 31.0cm
knee 22.5cm
hem 21.0cm

they have been washed hot and tumbled dry twice now - the shrinkage should be gone.
not sure when I'm going to put some wear into them, but they should stretch some more in most places....

So this seems interesting, looks like FC might be getting rid of their arcs and changing some of their cuts.
Wonder why they would go that route.
x8YrymD.jpg

I hope they change them to cat ears and are forced to issue an apology to TCB as a consequence!

Wait what?! That's bogus. I've always been kinda interested in Full Count but this is making me think I need to go ahead and buy a pair with arcs + tab to stash in the closet :(

It was posted on the Okayama Denim Instagram story, so I’m guessing domestic. Although they are located in Japan their target demographic is overseas, so it’s hard telling. It’ll be interesting to see what happens, I’m just glad I already have two pairs with arcs. 

2 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I hope they change them to cat ears and are forced to issue an apology to TCB as a consequence!

giphy.gif

Inspired by irrational panic, I ordered Denimio's last pair of 1108s in my size, for the preposterously low price of $192 shipped. :P

These will sit in my closet, hidden from my fianceé, until my 3005s are broken in. But I'll take some pics when they get here. Based on the measurements, they should be a really nice fit on me.

Fun fact! My last pair of Japanese jeans that weren't from Flat Head/RJB were my Samurai S710s... about six and a half years ago.

Edited by Cold Summer

Question for all of you. If I wear a 29 in TCB 50's and a 30 in the 60's should I go for the 28 in the 1101 standard denim?

Maynard, you think I can get away with a 29? Looks like Denimio sold out of the 28...:(

This may or may not be a good development. Particularly b/c I recently discovered the wonders of the 1108. it’s golden cut and rare these days as it has nIce rise but not too baggy.   Let’s hope,they don’t go down the low rise skinny route.    

Lets hope that FC has not jumped the shark 

Edited by kbuzz

In May I sold my FC 1108 in size 34 and sized up to a size 35 because the hips and thighs of the 34 became smaller and smaller after washing (although bought as one-wash). The waist of the size 35 is 'loosish' but the hips and thighs fit just fine :)
I had the new pair laying around for some time until I finally sent them to IHUK for a nice hem. They are now at 33" inseam.

Vxp3s0uh.jpga2kcey0h.jpg

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

It’s confirmed. From end of January on, Full Count will stop producing jeans with arcs and red tab. They want take all those tribute to Levi’s off.
The cuts will also be changed. Wider cuts with higher rises.

I always found the 0105 wide enough but maybe this is more directed at the later offerings like the 1109 and 1110?!

Wow, glad I went ahead and ordered a pair of the "old" ones. They should be getting delivered today.

Interesting to hear there's continued shrinkage b_F, I guess I'll be throwing my pair in for a hot wash after I try them on. Either way, I expect the 31 will be a good fit for me. Your new ones look good. Did you find the inseam to shrink any more on your previous pair? 34" should be about right for me. If it shrank a little more, I could always pull it out a bit after washing, I find it's pretty easy to get half an inch back that way. 

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

It’s confirmed. From end of January on, Full Count will stop producing jeans with arcs and red tab. They want take all those tribute to Levi’s off.
The cuts will also be changed. Wider cuts with higher rises.

I always found the 0105 wide enough but maybe this is more directed at the later offerings like the 1109 and 1110?!

Plus one hundred one wiser and higher rise.   

Alao thank you for posting info on your post washing 1108.   I have been holding off on another wash for as long as I can since I don’t wear them much.  My 35s fit perfectly and don’t want too much more shrinkage 

love em so much I’ve been ignoring my wh ranch 

Looks like I'll be getting a pair of 1108 sometime before January, these are a slim-straight 1950's cut, correct? The general consensus is to size down 1?

It's rather a slim 47 cut although some Japanese shops refer to them as 60s model. But given all the details this is far fetched.

Waist wise you can size down easily but for the 1108 always keep the straight and slim hips as well as the smallish thighs in mind.

My one wash pair in the XX denim didn't shrink at all from a soak but yet to wash. They've stretched plenty so the eventual wash shouldn't cause any problems.

I'm really loving FC at the moment, wish I d tried them earlier. 

I have a chambray pop over I really like and will probably pull the trigger on one of the new Nel Flannels in the next couple of weeks. 

Aw, so sad to hear we're losing the 1108. Such a classic design.

Here's a little interview about them. Mikiharu describes them as a 60s shape with 40s detailing.

http://loomstate.blogspot.com/2014/07/magic-number-mikiharu-tsujita-and-full.html

I am having a drastic clearout here and was planning on eBaying these. Now I'm conflicted. Hmmm.

1108 fulllength.jpg