Jump to content
chris_n

Full Count Denim Thread

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Rehnen1 said:

Hi everyone!

So I'm gonna buy me a pair raw fullcount 0105. Haven't decide if I'm going for the regular, xx or ex yet. 

How is the shrinking with these? I've heard that they are huge before soak but that they will shrink down to the actual size you buy. So if buying size W32 they will shrink down to a 32 after soaking. Correct?
But will they stretch some after the soak and wearing?

I'm not really shore which size to choose. 
This will be my first raw pair. 
I've have a couple of selvedge but no raw. 
For example I have W29, W30 and W31. But they have stretched and are a little loose in waist. The 29 are if I measure 34 now and the 31 are 35. Both are nudie grim tim. 

I'm more in to the looser/wider and more classic fit now. And thank god for that. Love it. Feels more comfy. Will never go back! Hahaha!

My orSlow 105 I bought in size 3 and they are way to big in the waist after wearing.
I do have a pair of Lvc 1922 that I bought used from eBay. 
Kind of like the waist size on these. Now they measures W33 (84 cm). They are high waisted. Maybe I could have like 2-3 cm smaller.

So what do you guys think?
Can you guide me in any direction?

Thanks!
/Emil 

Hi Emil, whether raw or one wash, the general rule for Fullcount is size down one. I am a 32 in most brands but with Fullcount always a 31, regardless of which cut. Doesn't matter if it's standard banner denim or XX, just size down one from your usual size. 0105 is a fantastic cut, as is the 1101.

And if you are looking to offload the OrSlow, PM me with some pics :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, EdwardBear said:

Hi Emil, whether raw or one wash, the general rule for Fullcount is size down one. I am a 32 in most brands but with Fullcount always a 31, regardless of which cut. Doesn't matter if it's standard banner denim or XX, just size down one from your usual size. 0105 is a fantastic cut, as is the 1101.

And if you are looking to offload the OrSlow, PM me with some pics :-)

Thanks man! 

Can I expect som stretching in waist after soaking? 

 

Ok so size down one size. 

If my Lvc measures 33 with a little room left in waist maybe 32 could be good but then like you mention EdwardBear I should size down one size. So then 31 should be the right size or 30...?

Don't think I'm paranoid. But for some reason I'm an expert in buying jeans that are to big in the waist.  Thinking that this time that's not gonna happen ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The waist of FC regular denim will stretch easily back to raw measurements and even beyond. So yes they will stretch. Whar pair of LVC do you compare with? For example I have the LVC 47 in size 36 but FC 1101 in 33 and the FC 1108 in 34 (mainly because of the slimmer thigh&hips(.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

The waist of FC regular denim will stretch easily back to raw measurements and even beyond. So yes they will stretch. Whar pair of LVC do you compare with? For example I have the LVC 47 in size 36 but FC 1101 in 33 and the FC 1108 in 34 (mainly because of the slimmer thigh&hips(.

I bought my LVC used on eBay. It's a 1920'S 201. But now I'm not shore if they were raw from the beginning. Never mind. They are marked 32 and now the measures 33. 

Do you know or anybody else if the 201 and the 0105 is comparable in height/rise?

If I look at the size guide the raw 0105 size 30 measures 33.1 before soak.

And the one wash size 30 measures 29.9.

Do you mean that the raw 30 maybe will stretch up to more than 33.1?

Then I probably need 29. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have a 1110xx? Does not seem to be a very popular model but i like it. Should i size same as other FC models?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the same cut myself @SLAB is the size down 1 guidance  the same for the xx and signature denim? 

Also mate, was asking about the warehouse lot 900 in the warehouse thread (one page back now) think you wear em, could you chime in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the 1108 blueingreen special denim and the 1101 signature denim. The last one stretched a bunch. After gaining a couple of pounds it still fits while thz blueingreen denim pair was too tight ( both same size). Cant say about the xx denim.

Check the WH thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SLAB said:

Anyone have a 1110xx? Does not seem to be a very popular model but i like it. Should i size same as other FC models?

got the 1110 in 13oz - quite a slim fit cut, I sized the same as my other FC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2017 at 1:27 PM, Rehnen1 said:

Thanks man! 

Can I expect som stretching in waist after soaking? 

 

Ok so size down one size. 

If my Lvc measures 33 with a little room left in waist maybe 32 could be good but then like you mention EdwardBear I should size down one size. So then 31 should be the right size or 30...?

Don't think I'm paranoid. But for some reason I'm an expert in buying jeans that are to big in the waist.  Thinking that this time that's not gonna happen ;)

Hey Emil, sounds like you are a true 32 waist then if the LVCs have some room, so I'd go with a 31 in the 0105, because they will stretch anyway. The 0105 is such a great cut and mine need a belt to stop them sitting on my hips so I think you'll be good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, EdwardBear said:

Hey Emil, sounds like you are a true 32 waist then if the LVCs have some room, so I'd go with a 31 in the 0105, because they will stretch anyway. The 0105 is such a great cut and mine need a belt to stop them sitting on my hips so I think you'll be good!

Thanks again! 

31 it is. 

And EdwardBear my orSlow are my garage/workshop jeans now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm selling some 0105XX BNWT in size 31 if you're interested, there are pictures and measurements on this thread a page or two back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I'm selling some 0105XX BNWT in size 31 if you're interested, there are pictures and measurements on this thread a page or two back.

Thanks for the offer. 

But planning on buying some other stuff to and I have decided to go with the 0105ex. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^ Yes, if that didn't happen, I'd be suspicious that they were fakes! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of, how does one make the arcs on a pair of fullcounts last longer? I think I've seen more pics of them falling apart than I have of them intact. I have a pair of 1101 flying across the sea to me right now. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, LQW said:

Speaking of, how does one make the arcs on a pair of fullcounts last longer? I think I've seen more pics of them falling apart than I have of them intact. I have a pair of 1101 flying across the sea to me right now. ^_^

The only potential way is not to put anything in the back pockets, but as @chicote says they do just come apart but this is to be embraced- it's deliberate to mimic the broken arcs of vintage Levis. Even when the arcs come away, it leaves a darker line on the pockets so almost a ghost arc. 1101 is a fantastic cut- enjoy them and go with whatever happens to the arcs- all a part of the evolution and beauty of the jeans B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EdwardBear said:

The only potential way is not to put anything in the back pockets, but as @chicote says they do just come apart but this is to be embraced- it's deliberate to mimic the broken arcs of vintage Levis. Even when the arcs come away, it leaves a darker line on the pockets so almost a ghost arc. 1101 is a fantastic cut- enjoy them and go with whatever happens to the arcs- all a part of the evolution and beauty of the jeans B)

agree I don't use my back pockets and my arcs are intact, must be inside abrasion that causes them to break as I've certainly sat on my arse loads in mine :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, avonalliv8 said:

Got tapped on the shoulder while wearing 1108s in line at a Home Depot in Bay Area...

Lady: What jeans are those? Those aren't Levi's, right?

Me: No, no they aren't. 

Lady: I didn't think so. I work at Levi's and those violate the copyright we have.

Me: Really? Cool!

End scene.

What, you mean you didn't strip off your jeans and present them to her while apologizing profusely??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

she should know that it's not in violation with the laws in Japan where the jeans were made (and bought)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Come on Lynn Downey, give me a break, you don't even work there anymore."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2017 at 6:15 AM, avonalliv8 said:

Got tapped on the shoulder while wearing 1108s in line at a Home Depot in Bay Area...

Lady: What jeans are those? Those aren't Levi's, right?

Me: No, no they aren't. 

Lady: I didn't think so. I work at Levi's and those violate the copyright we have.

Me: Really? Cool!

End scene.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PSA here are measurements of 1101w size 32 after a couple hours of wear:

Waist - 33"
Thigh - 12.25"
FR - 11"
BR - 15"
Inseam - 34"
LO - 8"

 

Selling these if anyone is interested. Trying to figure out how the new marketplace thing works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice Max -- are you enjoying the 1101?  I love mine -- probably my favorite Fullcount cut and one of my favorite pairs of jeans overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got my 0105ex.
Gonna do the initial soke probably today. Excited to wear them!
Since it's my first unsanforized I want to make some things clear.

Read about soak on okayamadenims website this:

https://www.okayamadenim.com/blogs/news/8592429-caring-for-your-raw-denim

Is this a instruction that I could follow? 

Understand that the hotter the water is the more they will shrink.
And also that the time matters. 

But for minimal indigo loss and good shrinkage is lukewarm water good like okayamadenims guide say?

For how long should I soak them? 
OD suggest an average of 30 min. Or if you want to drop down about two sizes they recommend one hour. 

And what about sitting in the bathtub with jeans on? Is there anyone who does that?

Here's before soak.

 

IMG_9861.JPG

IMG_9877.JPG

Edited by Rehnen1
Not correct upload

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Brand - 125 x 125