chris_n

Full Count Denim Thread

I'm just unsure what to pick. I want the classic 13,7 oz denim in a tapred fit. Waist should be 36" shrunken & worn in, comfy thighs and hem around 8-8,5". I think a size 34 1101 could give me that or the 1108. But the 1108XX I tried in 34 was way too tight in the thighs.

Edited by Max Power

Yeah, it sounds like the 1101 would be perfect in this case. Unless you have slim thighs in relation to your waist, the 1108 is a hard cut to pull off. As I said above, FC is best worn for comfort and it's not right to try and force oneself into a restrictive cut or size. 

I'm going to keep wearing my FC over the summer months here. They're super comfortable (sweatpant-like) and the perfect hot weather jeans.

Full Count 1109, 13,75 OZ, worn for three years

25180652uf.jpg

25180653ga.jpg

25180655kq.jpg

25180656ct.jpg

25180657ld.jpg

I have four pairs of FC yet (2x 13,75 and 2x 15,5) and no one shrunk that much in length. Hope that helps.

Edited by Bill_e_jean

Cursed be my weakness. Just took the plunge and ordered a raw 1101 in 34 via okayamadenim. i asked them to hem to a final length of 85cm, assuming that the raw length would have to be around 90 cm. Let's see wether they can work with that.

I´m thinking about getting a 0105 at Okayamadenim too at the moment. Unfortunately this model is out of stock everywhere else since a couple of months.

Bill e jean, are you looking at the 0105 or 0105XX model? Also, what size?

Hi, Maynard. I´m looking for the regular 0105 in 13,75 OZ in size 34. In other FC models, like the 1109 and the 1108, i wear a 36 (but both pairs fit regular and relaxed) so a 34 should be the correct size in a 0105.

Thanks, I have a raw pair of 0105XX in size 31 that I may consider selling. No good to you though!

But thanks, Maynard!

Cursed be my weakness. Just took the plunge and ordered a raw 1101 in 34 via okayamadenim. i asked them to hem to a final length of 85cm, assuming that the raw length would have to be around 90 cm. Let's see wether they can work with that.

Good choice. I don't think the 1108 would work for you going off of how your WH800s fit.  

Max you'll be happy with the 1101's, they're a great cut.

I sized down to a 35 on both of my pairs and they are some of my favorite fitting jeans.

Max, did you order today? Maybe you could give me any infos about the additional costs (customs) once you received your jeans.

Yes I did. I have them delivered to my parents, so it might take a while until I have them. But I would guess I'll have to pay customs. It was cheaper than denimio as base price and especially as it including free hemming.

Thanks for the encouraging words, I'm really looking forward getting them now. Just looked at my old 1653 Ltd to get me in the right mood.

Edit: I had to post this picture.

FC1101-FrontFade_grande.jpg?3787

Edited by Max Power

Great choice Max -- the 1101 in 34 is one of my favorites.  Comfortable fit (up top) and feel (soft), yet with a nice taper below.

Did you run into problems with the waist stretching out too much before? FC aren't jeans I would want to wear tight, because I believe the denim and cuts lend themselves to comfort. However, no one wants to be swimming in a pair that are too big in the waist immediately after a wash.

I sized my 1101 (OW version) one tagged size down from usual and though they have stretched a bit in the waist, there has not been a massive change over time because there is not a push on the waist band to make that happen.

The waist and the saggy arse on my usual size was terrible after a day, I eBayed them after about a month of struggle.

I recently bought the 1101 size 30 one wash after going through the forum. The measurements are as follow: Waist: 39, F/R 27.5, B/R 36, Upper thight 31, Thigh 16.3, Leg Opening 19.8 and Inseam 87.5, all measurements taken according to BiG. Tried it on, the top block a bit tight but I'm sure it will expand further and the rest fits good.

^yes they definitely will expand. i find that the standard fabric is some of the stretchiest

^Thankful for that stretch...Threw my Type 1 in the wash again tonight (no drier) unplanned and was able to stretch them back out while wet. JohnM, I owe you evo pics at some point!  :P

Yes I did. I have them delivered to my parents, so it might take a while until I have them. But I would guess I'll have to pay customs. It was cheaper than denimio as base price and especially as it including free hemming.

Thanks for the encouraging words, I'm really looking forward getting them now. Just looked at my old 1653 Ltd to get me in the right mood.

Edit: I had to post this picture.

FC1101-FrontFade_grande.jpg?3787

that's just plain epic!

Full Count 1108 XX, 15,5 OZ, worn for three years

25191009fg.jpg

25191010eb.jpg

25191011iw.jpg

25191012yv.jpg

25191013hz.jpg

Hey fellas,

Need your opinion on this one! I recently bought a pair of Fullcount 1109 21 oz. Awesome jeans.

However, now I’m a little bit concerned about how I should do with soaking or not. I went with size 33 and it’s tight. I can still button up all the way though and move around normally.

The guy at the store recommended me to use them for at least half a year before the initial soak since I bought them true to size. And that would probably be fine but I’m worried that the honeycombs and other marks will be totally off If I first use them for a good time and then wash/soak and the length decreases quite a lot…

Another way to go would be a initial soak but then I’m afraid they will end up to tight… however, I got a couple of extra pounds I consider to loose anyway ;)

Is it anyone with experience of the 1109 21oz? Do they shrink a lot? Do I need to soak them multiple times? How much do they stretch back again?

Another alternative would be not to soak or wash them at all at any time but that would also mean no color fading as when using water. 

What do you think about my options? Soak now, soak later or never? Hit me with your advices! :)

If you can return them for a size up, do that—then you won't have to worry about them shrinking too much and you can wash 'em whenever you want!

The guy at the store recommended me to use them for at least half a year before the initial soak since I bought them true to size. 

Anyone who's telling you this probably doesn't really know what they're talking about to be honest.

I would exchange them for a size up if they feel that small, then you can soak them before you start wearing them and then wash whenever they need it like chicote said above.