Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

I love the XX denim. Mine have gone through at least 10 washes and 8 dryer sessions, and I am sure they went through more before I received them (bought from Bf) and they still have so much life indigo in them it's nice.

Ed, if the indigo and denim on your signet FC jeans are as good as you say, they must really be something.  Though I have more jeans than I need, I have to say that the standard 13.7 oz. FC denim on my 1101 is incredibly soft and comfortable and the XX denim is an excellent variation -- still soft but more substantial.  Based on comfort alone, FC is tough to beat.

Ed, if the indigo and denim on your signet FC jeans are as good as you say, they must really be something.  Though I have more jeans than I need, I have to say that the standard 13.7 oz. FC denim on my 1101 is incredibly soft and comfortable and the XX denim is an excellent variation -- still soft but more substantial.  Based on comfort alone, FC is tough to beat.

JohnM, I just choose FC 1109 in 13.7oz denim vs 15.5oz.

15.5oz denim has a darker color?  These jeans will a different fading?

Hi, Dmitry. I have both 1109 versions (13,75 and 15,5) and they fade similar but the XX denim fades way slower. 

Let me know if you want to see pics?

Edited by Bill_e_jean

Hi, Dmitry. I have both 1109 versions (13,75 and 15,5) and they fade similar but the XX denim fades way slower. 

Let me know if you want to see pics?

Shure! I would be very grateful ! 

Is XX denim darker?

Yes, a bit. From my personal taste, I like the 13,75oz way more. It is the best looking denim in my opinion. Also when faded of course.

Thaks! Do not forget the photos!

JohnM, I just choose FC 1109 in 13.7oz denim vs 15.5oz.

15.5oz denim has a darker color?  These jeans will a different fading?

Dmitry, the 15.5 oz. XX is darker than the 13.7 oz. FC denim.  I can't really comment on the fading properties given that both pairs are fairly new.  While the XX denim is a bit darker, it's worth remembering that even the 13.7 oz. is fairly dark and neither the 15.5 or 13.7 oz. is especially blue, say compared to Warehouse (800) or Iron Heart (UHR).  The strength of the 13.7 oz. FC denim is its softness and pliability.  That said, I really like the heavier 15.5 oz. XX denim too and it is also quite soft.  In general, FC denim is stretchy, much more so than Cone Mills, for example.  So despite the shrinkage you'll get on raw jeans, the denim will stretch back to and probably beyond original measurements.

Dmitry, the 15.5 oz. XX is darker than the 13.7 oz. FC denim.  I can't really comment on the fading properties given that both pairs are fairly new.  While the XX denim is a bit darker, it's worth remembering that even the 13.7 oz. is fairly dark and neither the 15.5 or 13.7 oz. is especially blue, say compared to Warehouse (800) or Iron Heart (UHR).  The strength of the 13.7 oz. FC denim is its softness and pliability.  That said, I really like the heavier 15.5 oz. XX denim too and it is also quite soft.  In general, FC denim is stretchy, much more so than Cone Mills, for example.  So despite the shrinkage you'll get on raw jeans, the denim will stretch back to and probably beyond original measurements.

Thank you! I Is FC denim a bit darker than Warehouse (800) or Iron Heart (UHR)?

Thank you! I Is FC denim a bit darker than Warehouse (800) or Iron Heart (UHR)?

After taking a closer look Dmitry, I'd say the FC XX denim is the darkest.  Warehouse 800 and FC 13.7 oz. are fairly close -- Warehouse may be a touch darker.  Iron Heart UHR is a different animal -- much heavier material and very blue.

Edited by JohnM

fullcount has announced that they will stop supplying jeans to  DENIMIO.  alot of retailers are pissed on this .

Any idea why?

I've never used Denimio but was going to get another pair of 1109xx just to put on ice as they were so reasonably priced.

Edited by TheIntelligentHoodwinker

Any idea why?

I've never used Denimio but was going to get another pair of 1109xx just to put on ice as they were so reasonably priced.

Why should a brand announce this officially? Doesn't make any sense to me.

its a statement - out of respect and loyalty.

as a denimhead, nerd... personally - denimio is great, kind people, awesome service, price and, at least now, a huge product range.

but as a guy who is working retail, loves his job and his bosses, and depends on good sales, denimio is probably the anti christ. its impossible for a european (except maybe 14 oz. which was/is a huge retail behemoth), or any other retailer outside of japan, to compete with the prices of denimio. its not like we like to ask a higher retail price for the same pair of jeans, but we have to...

it was the same with RMC, they stopped their international service in favor of/to support their european and us american flagship stores and retailers.

this might be an unpopular opinion, but i think both FC and RMC did the right thing (for us retailers, who love their stuff and put great effort and risk to make it available outside of japan).

Edited by Blue Nemo