Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

was looking at this thread and it inspired me to break out of storage and hot soak my 1101 FS tonight...

ive already got so many other pairs going, why the fuck not ?

the denim has rough, stiff and slightly slubby feel,

they sort of feel like burlap. they are also very well made...

love the wear pics of these in this thread, looking like a great pair of old jeans, just perfect.

the arc is unusual, as it doesnt have the typical 'extended' levis type arcuate, its basically upside down and crooked.:cool:

FC1101FS.jpgFC1101FS2.jpg

awesome night deposit. please post fit pics when you're done soaking.

i will. i just hung them up after giving them an extremely hot soak for two hours.

how hot, you say? well, not boiling, but damn well close.

they look gorgeous, and the water had a deep green tint. but what was it that made me gasp?

the fucking patch. oooooooooooo man, it shrunk like CRAZY! it looks like a shrinky dink! its pulled all the denim around it, and looks really comical. it reminds me of some old jerky tag levis i have seen, esp. jackets, where its drawn all the denim around it and has becomereally really small and almost illegible.

well, an experimental error, i suppose...

moykky, that's an absolutely stunning pair

heavily lap whiskering is sweet, but it's cool to see proof that you can have a beautiful fade without them

sizing question - read both threads, but it didn't look like anyone had a 34w

big says prewash inseam of 37", so i'd assume 34" postwash

fullcount online store says 36" prewash, 85 cm (just under 33.5"), which i probably wouldn't want to chance

any reason i should trust one measurement over the other?

also, it looks like these are even tighter in the thighs than xx-005s

big prewash upper thigh measurement on 1108s is 12.5" on a size 34

that's the postwash measurement on the xx-005 size 33

damn

i will. i just hung them up after giving them an extremely hot soak for two hours.

how hot, you say? well, not boiling, but damn well close.

they look gorgeous, and the water had a deep green tint. but what was it that made me gasp?

the fucking patch. oooooooooooo man, it shrunk like CRAZY! it looks like a shrinky dink! its pulled all the denim around it, and looks really comical. it reminds me of some old jerky tag levis i have seen, esp. jackets, where its drawn all the denim around it and has becomereally really small and almost illegible.

well, an experimental error, i suppose...

Why the near-boiling soak? Were they way too big or something?

well, they're dry and i took some pics. i hated it, so i probaly wont post fit pics again. i decided to give them a very hot soak to really get the shrinking out of the way, they were definitely big in the waist and very long. they came in about an inch or so in the waist and maybe two in length. not the best photos of the fit,

but heres an idea. they are still very stiff, so they dont drape very well. the last back shot looks like a have a huuuuuge ass. these are definitely anti-fit! gorgeous denim, im really happy with them, and they fit perfectly, right on the hips and just long enough to give em a little turn up. i give the patch two weeks before it pops off...

fit1.jpgfit2.jpgfit3.jpg

and heres the leather tag! half its original size and already splitting, jesus christ...

tag.jpg

yeah, i love how the patch looks too actually, its a little fried! i'll definitely give these a fair shake. ive actually been wearing my canes and LVC 47s more than anything else, and these have similar qualities.

my one gripe might be the distance between the back pockets, but i really dont care that much. its going to be a while before these soften up...

I think you could work with them...they definitely have an anti-fit. The back pockets look really far apart, but that may alleviate itself once they soften up. I like how the leather patch looks now!

moykky, that's an absolutely stunning pair

heavily lap whiskering is sweet, but it's cool to see proof that you can have a beautiful fade without them

Thanks. Could it be that these are really 'baggy' for me, hence no lap whiskering.

I think those will soften up nicely and shrink more when an actual wash time comes. I like the fit, I think they'll end up fading really well with a nice relaxed fit. Did you buy your true waist size? when you said the waist came in about an inch is it at tagged size now?

I think those will soften up nicely and shrink more when an actual wash time comes. I like the fit, I think they'll end up fading really well with a nice relaxed fit. Did you buy your true waist size? when you said the waist came in about an inch is it at tagged size now?

yeah, agreed. they are tagged 32 and thats my waist size. thats what they are at right now, they were probaly 33.5 before the soak, although i didnt take measurements.

these are almost identical in shape to the SC 47s i have, which are tagged the same 32/34, except the rise is slightly higher, and the FCs are slightly tapered.

Well, I'm making a mental note not to get the 1101..back pockets look really far apart. Any thoughts on the WWII model?

yeah, its funny, the dont seem as pronounced in person, the photo definitely seems to distort it slightly. but it is there,they are farther apart than any of the other jeans i own. maybe thats going to bother me in the end, no pun intended. the closet back pocket placing similarity is again, the SC 47s. curious about those WWIIs as well.

Well, I'm making a mental note not to get the 1101..back pockets look really far apart.

Any thoughts on the WWII model?

was looking at this thread and it inspired me to break out of storage and hot soak my 1101 FS tonight...

ive already got so many other pairs going, why the fuck not ?

the denim has rough, stiff and slightly slubby feel,

they sort of feel like burlap. they are also very well made...

love the wear pics of these in this thread, looking like a great pair of old jeans, just perfect.

the arc is unusual, as it doesnt have the typical 'extended' levis type arcuate, its basically upside down and crooked.:cool:

FC1101FS.jpgFC1101FS2.jpg

What kind of an arcuate is that? Where did you get yours?

i was caught off guard with the back pockets when i first got them, but i came to terms. never really bothered me.

chris, are yours 1101 FS?, cause thats whats stamped on mine. i havent seen the FS bit before.

What kind of an arcuate is that? Where did you get yours?

i got them off of a guy on here and he got them via a friend in Manchester apparently. he thought the FC's available there might have had different inseams/details than the ones from Japan. i prefer the other FC arcuate, although this one isnt bad...

monitor the stretching over the first bit of wear also, if you don't mind :) repping you to the max.

thanks man, i repped you earlier on another thread. what goes around...

• 2 weeks later...

Im surprised these havent gathered whispers and interest. They are 15th anniversary edition Full Counts, Cut a little to full for me but would be perfect for some... the best part - - - The Denim!!!! Look at that mad turquoisesque hue!!!

http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fitem.rakuten.co.jp%2fbears%2ffullcount-0105-15%2f

contrast and compare.

Im surprised these havent gathered whispers and interest. They are 15th anniversary edition Full Counts, Cut a little to full for me but would be perfect for some... the best part - - - The Denim!!!! Look at that mad turquoisesque hue!!!

http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fitem.rakuten.co.jp%2fbears%2ffullcount-0105-15%2f

contrast and compare.

Denim is indeed nice...but the cut isn't for me either.

contrast and compare.

daaaammmnnn!!!! And they have one in my size too. Though, as much as I like that greencast hue, I like the colour on the 1108 better than these 15th anniversary ones.

• 1 month later...

i got mine like a year ago before the whole l@v!s saga. (the link is some random guy's in japan.) had them in a deadstock raw condition and finally soaked/washed them just a couple of weeks ago. i remember why i got them now -- surprisingly comfy and pretty nice fit. very hairy and very blue.

• 5 weeks later...