Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

the old 0105 and 1101 were good fits for me, but the new measurements seem like they have an enormous back rise (like 18” for a w34)? i’ve gone down 2+ inches in waist so maybe those won’t give me crazy diaper butt, but wondering if there are any newer cuts?

junky style had a nice looking (exclusive?) actual-501-ish cut a year or two ago but only a 36 left.

• 1 month later...

today at the hottest day of the year in berlin, my 1937ish full counts 1301sr arrived (my 1st pair of FC and the most expensive one aswell but still a better price than the sugar cane version that came up few month ago) made from the so called super rough 15.5oz denim (that must have been 15.5oz when raw for it feels a lot heavier) 

these run huge with a massive hip flair... anyone got experience with this denim? I know FC have used allready for other cuts.

mine came onewashed and I hope for further shrinkage at the hips.

https://www.stuf-f.com/bekleidung/denim/3090/fullcount-1301sr-cinch-back-super-rough-selvedge-denim

fullcount-1301sr-back-cinch-wide-super-r

Edited by Sympathy-For-The-Denim
-

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

On the fence about these bad boys. 

the exact model number isn't listed as its a blue in green colab. so the patch just says blue in green. based on the fit, low-rise slim tapered, id guess its an 1109.

The denim is super soft and the closer i get to selling them the more i appreciate them. However, theyre so tight in the knees i cannot comfortably bike in them and thats one of my main methods of transportation. I had expected that the knees would stretch out by now, but that is yet to happen after about a month of daily wear.

anyone had experience with the blue in green colabs or any have info on them / advice on how to stretch the knees 

46df8ce2-403a-4e67-aec0-2e5daeb8ddf8.jpeg

942308d9-12fe-4cbe-82ce-7310ba755e11.jpeg

022f6cf4-3de5-49da-adf5-5257828eeece.jpeg

Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 15.11.30.png

Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 15.11.44.png

Edited by Corbin Law

They seem to have gone through a bit of a rebrand and launched some new styles. 

i purchased a pair of the 1122 tapered chino and was probably the worst pair of trousers I’ve had from Japan. 

Flimsy creasing cloth used, poorly constructed compared to other brands and they’ve got the fit all wrong, the bum was way too baggy it looked I was wearing a nappy underneath.  

• 2 weeks later...

I've never had any interest in FC (or LVC) because of their lawsuit, but is the quality markedly different from WH or any similar brands? Just curious because their price for this even with the premium is on par with...anything selvedge with arcs and a red tab that I'm aware right now. 

42 minutes ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

I've never had any interest in FC (or LVC) because of their lawsuit, but is the quality markedly different from WH or any similar brands? Just curious because their price for this even with the premium is on par with...anything selvedge with arcs and a red tab that I'm aware right now. 

One of my favourite fabrics for jeans, great quality construction. I have couple of shirts and a t from them also, all great stuff.

They are up there with all the brands discussed here.

I'm a fan, but they did themselves no favour with the legal  stuff with TCB. 

3 hours ago, Geeman said:

but they did themselves no favour with the legal  stuff with TCB.

Yea I mean my general rule of thumb is I just don't bother with any brands or retailers that have done obviously dickish stuff in the industry or had a dickish attitude on the internet. It's a flawed approach, I'm sure there are nice people who don't do well with marketing, and not nice people who know how to play nice in their image - but there are too many other good options and not enough years in my life to do justice to all the garments to not just easily write brands/retailers off when stuff like this happens. 

On 3/26/2022 at 1:33 AM, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

Sorry I double posted but from some reason couldn’t downgrade the pic quality. 
Anyways seems like model number is 1412. Couldn’t find info myself. 

38E9E64F-79E8-41BE-AD2B-BA2D8334F06B.jpeg

Any more info on these? Do you still have them? What do they measure? Cool find.

13 hours ago, Geeman said:

One of my favourite fabrics for jeans, great quality construction. I have couple of shirts and a t from them also, all great stuff.

They are up there with all the brands discussed here.

I'm a fan, but they did themselves no favour with the legal  stuff with TCB. 

I like FC I have and I have no idea what they did with TCB, which jean I also have. My ignorance keeps me from being judgmental, quite happily... B)

4 hours ago, Talan said:

I like FC I have and I have no idea what they did with TCB, which jean I also have. My ignorance keeps me from being judgmental, quite happily... B)

Good philosophy,  great jeans to enjoy wearing 

15 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

Yea I mean my general rule of thumb is I just don't bother with any brands or retailers that have done obviously dickish stuff in the industry or had a dickish attitude on the internet. It's a flawed approach, I'm sure there are nice people who don't do well with marketing, and not nice people who know how to play nice in their image - but there are too many other good options and not enough years in my life to do justice to all the garments to not just easily write brands/retailers off when stuff like this happens. 

I don't know every detail of the TCB saga and without trying to defend dickish behaviour theres always 2 sides to every story.

My experience/interaction with FC (email,  social media,  in the Tokyo store) has been good and I rate the brand (quality,  fabrics,  fits, range)  so I base my opinion on that. 

After looking at the embarrassingly large stack of denim in my closet, & swearing I'd never buy another pair of jeans, I broke down & did exactly that. I couldn't resist the temptation of the 30th anniversary model that Standard & Strange just got in stock. Based on the photos I thought they looked pretty special. I now have them & can say it's the stiffest denim I've ever encountered. I can see they'll need a soak before wearing.

Back in the late 90s a Japanese friend brought me a pair of FC which he considered the best Levi-esque repro at the time. They had a more varied catalogue back then. Work jeans with white stitching, a khaki type II jacket are a couple of cool things I remember. 

I'm sorry to hear there was aggro with TCB who I also like.