Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Hi guys,

Looking at 1904 shorts, and was looking for advice on sizing.  Should I go true to size in hopes that they will stretch over time or go up one size?  I got momotaro shorts and the thighs are quite fitted, was hoping for something more relaxed but worried about the waist being too big.  I usually get my denim in size 34" waist.

Thanks

5 hours ago, redgreen said:

Hi guys,

Looking at 1904 shorts, and was looking for advice on sizing.  Should I go true to size in hopes that they will stretch over time or go up one size?  I got momotaro shorts and the thighs are quite fitted, was hoping for something more relaxed but worried about the waist being too big.  I usually get my denim in size 34" waist.

Thanks

Get the larger size. Short are suppose to be really comfortable and have space for your butt to breath during summer. Wear a nice belt. If it ends up being too big, just wash and use the dryer, it will certainly get smaller.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone ever have an issue of loose fly buttons on full counts? I have a 1101 from 2019 that has had this issue since new. I'm not sure if it is due to the softer than usual fabric, but I frequently find myself having 1 of the bottom buttons on the fly unbuttoned randomly. I found that when I button the fly up, the last button would come off the hole while I button the next one without much tension. 

58 minutes ago, mousemouse said:

Anyone ever have an issue of loose fly buttons on full counts? I have a 1101 from 2019 that has had this issue since new. I'm not sure if it is due to the softer than usual fabric, but I frequently find myself having 1 of the bottom buttons on the fly unbuttoned randomly. I found that when I button the fly up, the last button would come off the hole while I button the next one without much tension. 

Yes! I had this issue with mine. What I ended up doing was stitching the button hole closed a bit at the narrow end of the tear drop shape, making buttoning a bit tighter. Seemed to solve it. 

17 minutes ago, Graytrain said:

Yes! I had this issue with mine. What I ended up doing was stitching the button hole closed a bit at the narrow end of the tear drop shape, making buttoning a bit tighter. Seemed to solve it. 

haha i see, its weird that I only have this problem in this FC pair, but I guess its due to the soft FC fabric. thanks for the tip!

• 2 weeks later...

received my 1101w yesterday. i wear a 29 in most brands and bought a 30. i understand now that most advise to size down by 1 on this thread. i hot soaked them in 130f water for about 20 minutes and then let them spin in the washer, then hang dry in hot sunlight. that process resulted in .5 inch shrink in the inseam but not much elsewhere. i wouldn’t mind hot washing them to shrink more, but either way they’re nice and loose and probably gonna be my summer shitkickers for the foreseeable future. this 13.7oz denim is very very cool. 

FC7AA8D6-240E-46BC-91E0-2DED717A2E68.jpeg

BFCE7502-08C0-4F26-91D5-4AFA1F386960.jpeg

7D593330-9E5F-467D-81D8-B02AF296985B.jpeg

They look good, man. I sized up one from my typical measurment as well. The diaper butt gets pretty ridiculous after a few weeks of wear but they are way too comfy for me to regret the decision. I just end up washing them pretty often. Enjoy!

Edited by Suitedupmon

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 2:23 AM, irual said:

1101 after their last wash so they can go have a rest in the shelves for the TCB contest. 

muvfzmB.jpg

I had been saving a pair of 1101s w/arcs that I got about a year ago, thinking I'd keep them nice and only wear them for work events and social outings. Now that I'm working from the home office for the next 12 months minimum and no longer spending nights out on the town, that plan seems pointless. Thanks for the inspiration @irual, my 1101s are now officially in the weekly rotation!

• 1 month later...

Deadstock guys I still cant believe this gem are still available for grabs 

Old arc suspender button with cinchback W34 PM me if interested.

IMG_20201009_193632.jpg

IMG_20201009_194146.jpg

IMG_20201009_193743.jpg

IMG_20201009_193637.jpg

This one might be the rarerest model 

Love the details on this pre 20s repro suspender buttons and cinch back is my favorite pants.

Still available in W34&36 last two pair PM me if interested.

IMG_20201009_193756.jpg

IMG_20201009_193940.jpg

IMG_20201009_194143.jpg

IMG_20201009_194019.jpg

IMG_20201009_194024.jpg

Edited by spidereye
Typo

8 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

What does ‘inverted’ mean in this context?

Difficult to explain, but the bottom part of the belt loop is folded under, then tacked. I think this is to accommodate the cinch strap.

When l went to Soas to check out the various '1922' models, this was a feature on one pair they had.