Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Read a little back about the whole back pocket fiasco. It seemed at the time, they said there would be two version (in Japan), but sadly all I am seeing on rakuten are the no arcs. Found a pair of 1101XXs with arcs on yahoo auctions (https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/o315183176). Not a deal or anything but tempted.

Had a pair of regular 1101s from a while ago that I wore for a few months and stopped. Kind of tempted to grab another pair as I am in need of a new pair!

• 2 weeks later...

Why did they decide to put a tiny 31" inseam on the one-washed models smaller than size 33? I'm glad I bought my old 1108s (which have a 34" inseam) when I did because the new ones would be way too short for me.

It's puzzling to me why Japanese companies like Full Count that are seeking overseas success insist on doing this when there are a whole lot of people in the US and Europe who need a longer inseam. It's extremely easy to hem jeans if they're too long, but there's nothing you can do if they're too short.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone here use the full count 6210/6211 wild leather belt? I have one in natural color and have worn it primarily for around 5 years now. The plating on the buckle on the top half is gone and what seems like brass or rust under is showing. Does anyone know what material they use for buckles?

20 hours ago, mousemouse said:

Does anyone here use the full count 6210/6211 wild leather belt? I have one in natural color and have worn it primarily for around 5 years now. The plating on the buckle on the top half is gone and what seems like brass or rust under is showing. Does anyone know what material they use for buckles?

Okayama Denim says it's a brass buckle, so it's probably just the natural patina. 

This is my brass buckle.  It started out uniformly shiny, and now one side is considerably duller than the other. 

I'd just go with it, but you may be able to polish it. 

20190805_214241.jpg

11 hours ago, fresh1 said:

Okayama Denim says it's a brass buckle, so it's probably just the natural patina. 

This is my brass buckle.  It started out uniformly shiny, and now one side is considerably duller than the other. 

I'd just go with it, but you may be able to polish it. 

20190805_214241.jpg

Thanks @fresh1 I guess the part of my belt with no coating looks similar

belt.thumb.jpg.9e099d51b8d3463e6db671b2adbdaf33.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I‘m going to sell a brand new 0105 (13,7OZ) in size 34, one washed version.

It is the discontinued version and has the arcs.

Never worn nor even tried on. It‘s still in the plastic bag. Brand new with tags. PM me, if you are interested. Shipped from Germany.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/113938926719

Edited by Bill_e_jean

question about the (old) 0105 - from measurements i’ve seen it looks like the waist is bigger on these compared to 1108, etc? so for an actual 34inch waist would a 32 or 33 work?

been wearing 1108s (w34) for about a month and the 13.7oz denim is just as great as everyone says it is,  but the thighs/hips are just too tight. can’t find any 1101s so i am thinking maybe 0105 will work with a slight taper.

Edited by wavehead

5 hours ago, wavehead said:

question about the (old) 0105 - from measurements i’ve seen it looks like the waist is bigger on these compared to 1108, etc? so for an actual 34inch waist would a 32 or 33 work?

been wearing 1108s (w34) for about a month and the 13.7oz denim is just as great as everyone says it is,  but the thighs/hips are just too tight. can’t find any 1101s so i am thinking maybe 0105 will work with a slight taper.

I have an old 1101 and 0105, both are a 32 waist. They both have an oversized waist but the 0105 sits higher at the waistline and is therefore tighter ( but comfortable) as it sits on my wine gut. The 1101 is slightly loose as it sits lower. The 0105 is a fantastic jean but it is much more of a full cut than your 1108 and the taper is not very noticeable, it appears straight when worn, it's a 50's cut basically.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...