Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

^Those look one washed, based on the wrinkling of the leather patch, as well as the denim in general, and the puckering in-between the stitching. If they are in fact one wash, you won’t get much more if any shrinkage at all. Take measurements before and give them a hot soak with some mild hand agitation and compare. 

12 hours ago, DrZen said:

Hello all!

Long time reader, first time poster. I’ve had a pair of Full Count 1108XX for several years now sitting in my closet, unworn. I recently tried them out, and while they fit really well, and the cut looks great, when I sit down there is a huge gap at the back, and it gets really tight in the front at the crotch. Is this normal, or do just have a weird butt or something? I can’t seem to remember whether they were a one-wash but they look pretty raw. Does the fit change post wash besides normal shrinkage? And if I need to sell my pair, where’s the best place? 

Thanks!

While I can't rule out your "weird butt" theory :D, it may be that the 1108 cut just doesn't work for you. I had a similar issue with the 1108 after trying them in size 34 and 35. I had to size up for the thighs to be comfortable which left the waist loose with a large gap in the back when I sat down. I sold a pair here after posting fit pics and another pair on the reddit r/rawdenim Buy, Sell, Trade thread. FWIW, I also sold a couple pair of the 0105 cut on ebay. Since your pair is unworn and has the back pockets arcs, you shouldn't have any trouble selling them.

11 minutes ago, Josh'N'Roll said:

While I can't rule out your "weird butt" theory :D, it may be that the 1108 cut just doesn't work for you. I had a similar issue with the 1108 after trying them in size 34 and 35. I had to size up for the thighs to be comfortable which left the waist loose with a large gap in the back when I sat down. I sold a pair here after posting fit pics and another pair on the reddit r/rawdenim Buy, Sell, Trade thread. FWIW, I also sold a couple pair of the 0105 cut on ebay. Since your pair is unworn and has the back pockets arcs, you shouldn't have any trouble selling them.

Ah, that sounds exactly like my fit issue, and thanks for the info about selling these. I really wish this pair had worked for me - the denim is truly excellent, and I love all the little details. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, i’m currently interested in purchasing FC 1110W , but i’m struggle to pick size 30 or 31

How much stretch the 13,7 Oz fabric should i expect? If let say i pick size 31 which is 31” waist according to Corlection, will it stretch to 31,5 or 32? This is a “Washed Once” fabric.

Thank you in advance.

2 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

It looks like the new 1108 tapers from the knee down and is about 0.5" slimmer at the hem compared to the old model, which was more of a slim straight fit.

don't know if that's a good thing-lol:D

miss the arcs as well

14 hours ago, superheavent said:

Hi Guys, i’m currently interested in purchasing FC 1110W , but i’m struggle to pick size 30 or 31

How much stretch the 13,7 Oz fabric should i expect? If let say i pick size 31 which is 31” waist according to Corlection, will it stretch to 31,5 or 32? This is a “Washed Once” fabric.

Thank you in advance.

You'll be able to get an inch stretch in those without trouble, so size accordingly. Just make sure your thighs fit.

Noticed Corlection still has stock of FC1110xx  with arcs and tab.....in my size. 

Couldn't resist. 

My current pair have only just had the first wash and have a couple years left in them so these will be tucked away for future wear..... and you can ooh and aaah at my fabulous arcs, tab and levis lawsuit flouting design :D:D

14 hours ago, Geeman said:

Noticed Corlection still has stock of FC1110xx  with arcs and tab.....in my size. 

Couldn't resist. 

My current pair have only just had the first wash and have a couple years left in them so these will be tucked away for future wear..... and you can ooh and aaah at my fabulous arcs, tab and levis lawsuit flouting design :D:D

did you purchase the jeans already? because i just open Corlection web and they announce they will do mid year sale starting 15th June.

2 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

I have a pair of soaked but unworn1101s (w/arcs and tab) in size 31 that's about 32" in the waist, I can put up some measurements later if you'd like. I'm actually looking to sell these because they're a little too loose on me.

That'd be awesome. I might be interested in taking those off your hands.

I've worn my 1108s almost every day for the last three months or so, they're at almost 100 days of wear. I'm finding that they've already developed some nice fading, and they don't seem super slow to fade even if it's not as fast as other jeans I've worn like my Samurai S710. The arcs are already disintegrating, much more than any other jean I've owned. Only repairs I've performed have been to fix a few broken inseam chainstitch spots near the crotch. These breaks happened in the first few weeks of wear, and haven't been an issue since.

What I really like though is that the tight, high stitch count sewing on the back pocket edges hasn't shown the slightest sign of wear - the back pocket stitching coming undone is my biggest gripe with Japanese jeans and a frequent issue on my Samurai and Flat Head pairs. This seems to suggest that 100% cotton threads aren't quite as fragile as I'd assumed, but can be quite sturdy with the right thread/stitch count/sewing technique. Really, my only complaint is that I wish FC had used yellow threads for the yoke/felled seam stitching instead of the brownish-orange thread, but it ought to all even out as the thread fades over time.

I'm washing these after every two months of wear, so by October/end of warm weather season, they should be at six months/three washes. 

looking for a sz33 1101 (the old version... with or without arcs/tab), if anyone has one please get in touch! 

almost ordered a pair of 1101w from standard and strange, but after asking about some measurements on a sz33 they realized the cuts have changed for their newer stock and it’s pretty drastic on the 1101 (i thought it was just the 1108). it’s just not going to work for me... front rise and back rise are way higher so it’s not like i could just taper. 

i don’t think anything in the new full count lineup fits me. 1108 thighs are too small, 1101 and 0105 rise is too high. anyone know of any other possibilities? i imagine getting someone like indigoproof to lower the rise on something is crazy expensive if it’s even doable. 

On 6/26/2019 at 9:50 AM, Cold Summer said:

What I really like though is that the tight, high stitch count sewing on the back pocket edges hasn't shown the slightest sign of wear - the back pocket stitching coming undone is my biggest gripe with Japanese jeans and a frequent issue on my Samurai and Flat Head pairs. This seems to suggest that 100% cotton threads aren't quite as fragile as I'd assumed, but can be quite sturdy with the right thread/stitch count/sewing technique.

Unraveled back pocket stitching happened on my 1101s at some point though I don’t recall exactly when. Was at least a year into it of mostly daily wear, I’m sure. So, you might be able to avoid it for a while but very much doubt that Fullcount is immune to this syndrome.

Very nice! The XX denim is quite the slow fader, right?

Has anybody bought one of the new models yet? If I remember correctly, when I compared the new 1108 cut with the old 1108, the new had a tad more room in the thighs and a stronger taper. But when I look now at all the measurements at Rakuten, they are still pretty slim in the top block.