Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

don't forget that FC and Orslow have non-Japan business that they need to protect or grow - I wouldn't expect changes from TCB, Samurai (already have an export series) or Warehouse....

I bought a used/unworn pair of 1101 in my size with the arcs and tabs for a cheapo price, so I'm all stocked up on pre-"lawsuit" Full Count jeans.

I understand Levi's being picky about the arcuate design and wanting to protect that, but the tab is just stupid, it's such a universal design element. They might as well sue Vans for putting tabs on their shoes.

@Foxy2 Full Count and Orslow already had adapted their products to other markets.  Orslow by placing their tab on the bottom right of the pocket (as opposed to being on the 'levis' side as it is in Japan), and Full Count were already sold in most markets outside of Japan without the arcs and / or tabs.  This move is something different and I really doubt if these companies would have undertaken such a sudden, and potentially damaging move without some kind of pressure.  And if that is indeed the case, I don't see why other companies wouldn't suffer the same kind of threat.  Warehouse have dealt with copyright issues in pretty clever ways, which might legally stand in their favor.  Their tabs aren't technically tabs and their arcs, well, they are 'different' : )  TCB are more exposed but they've been diversifying of late. 

Personally, I think the above-mentioned companies are simply responding to the demands of the market.  I blame Levis for not taking up the challenge of producing repros that are any worth.  Their repros are cheaply made, poorly researched and executed, and overpriced considering they are mass-produced.  I love old Levis but I almost never buy any LVC stuff for the above reasons. I think Levis should either leave these companies alone and let them continue their labor of love, which is exactly what they're doing, or start making reproductions that are equivalent in quality and price to what the Japanese are producing.  In other words, let their workers do the talking, instead of their lawyers.  Greedy f.ck.rs.

Edited by bartacks
incomplete post

I'm not so sure if Levi's is really the main reason. Levi's was after all the Japanese brands in 2006/2007 and I doubt Full Count wasn't part of that lawsuit. Also, as the be expected, Levi's won that lawsuit. So now 12 years later, Full Count "suddenly" changes does not necessarily mean Levi's was after them again.

At least in Japan there is no reason for those brands to change and many didn't. Although brands like Flat Head  SDA, Samurai, Iron Heart and so on changed their look.

I really think it's about widening their target market and thus to avoid conflicts with Levi's, better change before you go bigger. But after all orSlow is already widely available overseas and maybe they really got in the way of L.

And I agree with you about LVC ;)

Does anyone have info about models ending in 'sh'? Like 1108SH or 0105SH. From what I can google translate, they are made with cotton from Turpan (Xinjiang). Anyone out there with a pair?

not only the denim came from China - sampling and jeans production was organized by Red Cloud - most probably in their factory/workshop...

Edited by Foxy2

• 4 weeks later...

I love my 1108s but after just a month of wear I'm kind of shocked by how many construction issues I'm having with these. I've already repaired two spots in the inseam where the chainstitch broke, and last night I found another one near the top half inch of the inseam, and even worse, that the thick orange thread holding the inseam together is coming loose right near the seam where the inseam and front/back rise seams all overlap. This really doesn't seem normal.

I can't tell if this part of the jean is just badly constructed or if the one-wash process weakened the cotton threads from frying the jeans in a dryer. The rest of jean seems to be fine.

I doubt it's the fault of 100% cotton threads because my Samurai S710s are heavier/more abrasive denim, a tighter fit, and have never had any inseam thread breakage at all.

Edited by Cold Summer

I’ve had similar issues with my 0105SFS, which are a loose fit. I’m not sure if that’s because they’re a very old model (15 years?) and the cotton thread has deteriorated or the stitching on this pair is an anomaly or whether this is standard for Full Count.

On 4/19/2019 at 2:13 PM, Geeman said:

Been wearing mine pretty regular for a year now, no issues. Even the arcs are holding up!

I have a pair of 0105 that were raw and I have had no problems with the stitching either. I did give my pair quite a lot of washing as I felt there was quite a bit of shrinkage in them that didn't come out with my usual routine, I think I even gave them a 60 degree wash which is rare for me. The only thing that did happen is that all the print disappeared from the patch but the patch itself is fine, just blank.

I do find that there is definitely something weird that they do with the stitching on the arcs on the back pockets though, almost like it's braille, it really does seem to be raised a bit higher than all the other stitching. All the rest of the threads are settled in nicely but the arcs seem to be popping out just asking to be worn down.:unsure::unsure::unsure:

I tend to think that the rough process of the tumble dry one-wash is what's causing this thread damage. I would've bought these raw if I could find them anywhere with the arcs+tab, though.

I did some hand repairs on Saturday and I think mine are okay (for now, anyway.)

With the arcuate stitching, I'm pretty sure that's on purpose. I really like how FC's jeans look after the arcuate thread is worn away, so this isn't really a concern for me, anyway.

On Instagram, @vinparamccoy examined the details of what changed between the old and new 1108. The most noticeable aside from the obvious removal of the arcs + tab is the back pocket stitching - it's gone from the extremely high stitch count of the old models to the more conventional number of stitches per inch. Kinda disappointing, since I really like this aspect of the old ones.

Hello all!

Long time reader, first time poster. I’ve had a pair of Full Count 1108XX for several years now sitting in my closet, unworn. I recently tried them out, and while they fit really well, and the cut looks great, when I sit down there is a huge gap at the back, and it gets really tight in the front at the crotch. Is this normal, or do just have a weird butt or something? I can’t seem to remember whether they were a one-wash but they look pretty raw. Does the fit change post wash besides normal shrinkage? And if I need to sell my pair, where’s the best place? 

Thanks!

4379456C-B01C-4E7F-A069-F03B7842297C.jpeg