Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

The OW Warehouse are like that too. I think they want to be 100% sure that the customers who buy OW not get any surprise further down the road.

I suspect (uneducated guess) that the leather will look less crispy after being worn for a while.

My one-wash 1108s I got from Denimio are like that. The patch looks okay but it feels really dry to the touch, the jeans were clearly fried in a dryer as part of the one-wash. I'm glad they won't shrink any more, but I hope the patch softens up. I already put some Equus leather conditioner on it, and it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

I also had a crispy patch on my first pair of 1101s, which were one wash (and made me commit to always getting raw FCs in the future). It wasn’t shrunken, but worryingly stiff and noticeably darker than the raw patches. The patch has gotten a bit better after repeated applications of leather conditioner and some wear, but it’s still not in as good of shape as any pairs I’ve had from raw.

Looks OK to me Ben and I think in time it will stretch out with wear along with the denim. I’m not sure about Geeman’s advice not to sweat it though, I’d have thought the perspiration might be good for it!

quick question on FC 1108 - i have a pair in One wash - did a cold soak and wash in the bathtub, and seems the waist tighteed up

given they are one wash - will they still shrink more if i do 30 degrees cold wash or a warmer machine wash? i'm not previous about how i wash them - but i dont want inseam to shorten

4 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I doubt that a request from one shop in Australia is solely behind Full Count’s decision to drop the arcs and tab!

Especially one that doesn't actually carry the brand.... but they were pretty quick to say it was their idea!

Live by the sword....

15 hours ago, Geeman said:

Both Fullcount Official   and Okayama Denim have just responded to me and confirmed the line with arcs and tab will no longer be produced.... 

What a stupid thing to do, you create a trademark arc that gets around copyright issues and helps with brand identity and than get rid of it for no good reason.:wacko2::wacko2::wacko2:

That's 3 "wackos", take that Full Count.

i think in the beginning most Japanese brands aspired to be like Levis and imitate them in all details ( tab and arcs too) but i think most are much better then Levi's and maybe they don't want to associate their brand so closely anymore? not all brand go down the arc and red tab route (PBJ/Momotaro/JapanBlue/Evisu/Etc) just a guess..

21 minutes ago, chambo2008 said:

i think in the beginning most Japanese brands aspired to be like Levis and imitate them in all details ( tab and arcs too) but i think most are much better then Levi's and maybe they don't want to associate their brand so closely anymore? not all brand go down the arc and red tab route (PBJ/Momotaro/JapanBlue/Evisu/Etc) just a guess..

That's actually not a bad theory, the whole retro denim cuts/scene seems to not be as strong as it was say, five years ago. Levi's are definitely associated with old school so maybe that "vibe" is not what the "hip" kids want to be associated with anymore.

On 3/7/2019 at 2:12 AM, Maynard Friedman said:

I doubt that a request from one shop in Australia is solely behind Full Count’s decision to drop the arcs and tab!

Correct. And it wasn't a request from me or my store at all. It was a recurring topic in multiple discussions with international accounts and customers about the brands future moving forward.

I wouldn't be surprised if Levis was behind FC dropping the red tab and arcuate.  The red tab inside the right back pocket is a trade mark of Levis, although how true that is in Japan, I'm not sure, since so many Japanese companies use the red tab.  Secondly, the bottom of the FC arc is removable - it is not connected to the upper part, which means that when you remove it, FC jeans look exactly like Levis.  So quite possibly Levis got on their case.  The other thing that makes me think Levis is behind this is that Orslow has also recently announced they were premanently getting rid of the back pocket tab, whether on the side or the bottom of the right pocket.  I guess I'll be looking closely at what happens with Warehouse, TCB, and Samurai, to only name three.  But there's definitely change in the air.

So I guess that means no more of that... I just ordered a pair of 1101XX with tabs and arcs but they're going fast -act quickly.

For the record, that's a 1101 13.7oz on the left and a 1101XX on the right.  Both a couple of years old.  Don't ask me how many washes, I don't know : )

•  

IMG_7889.jpg

Edited by bartacks
needed additional detail