Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

18 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Thanks for the clarification about the issue @Godspeedstore, I haven’t checked out the details or prices on the new plain pocket pairs as (1) they don’t interest me and (2) I already have 4 pairs of Full Count so am not currently in the market for any more.

Having said that, you mentioned they are a basic range, what makes them this - is it the denim used, the details (or lack there of) or perhaps where/how/by whom they are made? Finally, are they cheaper?

Sorry for all the questions, especially as you’ve just joined but we like to know about these matters!

No problem!

And I've confused you a little, I said 'basic' for lack of a better word because I literally mean plain / non arcs... 
Basic as in, how plain t-shirts and sweats are called Basic's... A Full Count or Real Mc Coy's t-shirt or sweatshirt isn't actually low quality, but its a 'basic' item.
As far as I know they are the same jeans, just without the Arc's!

16 hours ago, Geeman said:

I'm actually not a massive fan of arcs. Its what's always stopped me buying TFH for example, their arcs are to much for me. The exception for me is FC and SDA.

I was in the process of hunting down anot her pair  of 1110xx in my size before the arcs went but struggling to find my size, which I assumed was because they were being phased out. Now it looks like it's just a case of FC releasing this range before restocking on the original line which is great news (and saves me a few quid for a while!)

I wish I'd tried FC a long time ago, I have a few pieces from them now and all are great.. met most of the team at The Tokyo store as well and all seemed decent, friendly bunch. 

Last time I was in there, I met the french guy Mat and spent a good amount of time chatting with him. Bumped into him again few days later and introduced us to his folks who were visiting.. looked him up on instagram and turns out we already followed each other. Small world.

Story ends....:)

Exactly why we, Mathieu and I suggested the plain models to Full Count!

Little back story, Mathieu (@thedenimmind) on Instagram was initially a customer of my store in Australia and ended up working in my store for 6 months... when his working holiday visa in Australia expired he moved to Japan where I connected him with Full Count and as such we are both passionate about helping the brand internationally. :D

11 hours ago, VivaMarlon said:

To be fair, the newer Flat Head arcs are pretty “out there,” had no problem with the old ones though. 

I have a pair of Flat Heads from 2008 that were one of my favourite jeans, and loved the arc's.
Can't stand the newer stuff especially with the fabric inside the arcs... :ohmy:

My two cents: while certainly arcs and a red tab is something we really like around here, I think another point which we are not so fond of is the change of the cuts. The 0105, 1101 and 1108 have certainly a new pattern if you compare the measurements. And for the 0105 and 1101 I'm not so sure the cut changed to the better. The new 1108 look good though. 

Also I'm not so sure because it's hard to from the pictures but it looks like the stitching changed?! Different colors. I can be wrong though. 

And another thing some TCB fans are upset about: Full Count sued TCB for their arcs on the 20s contest jeans and then drop the arcs completely (although I have to say it was a dumb move in the contest to use the FC arcs in the first place).

It appears they haven't dropped the arcs and the original range will still exist?  Time will tell. 

It wasn't the smartest move to use FC arcs by TCB bit perhaps the response was a bit strong given no real attempt  to  imitate/detract from FC sales was being made?

On 2/10/2019 at 8:41 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

My two cents: while certainly arcs and a red tab is something we really like around here, I think another point which we are not so fond of is the change of the cuts. The 0105, 1101 and 1108 have certainly a new pattern if you compare the measurements. And for the 0105 and 1101 I'm not so sure the cut changed to the better. The new 1108 look good though. 

Also I'm not so sure because it's hard to from the pictures but it looks like the stitching changed?! Different colors. I can be wrong though. 

And another thing some TCB fans are upset about: Full Count sued TCB for their arcs on the 20s contest jeans and then drop the arcs completely (although I have to say it was a dumb move in the contest to use the FC arcs in the first place).

Like I said they haven't dropped the arc's completely at all. They just made a range without the arc's.

Full Count 100% did not sue TCB. 
Miki was super shocked and disappointed in that move by TCB and even contacted me for help with the English statement regarding that whole scenario. Hajime is also a friend of mine and I sell TCB in the store... The last time I was in Yokohama at CC Show the Full Count dudes were lighthearted and laughing about the situation and all is fine.

It's easy to say that the Full Count folks were laughing about the situation and that all is fine from their end, but—lawsuit or not—TCB was nonetheless required to coordinate the return of dozens of pairs of jeans, and to replace them at their own cost. I haven't really taken a side in the matter, but to claim that it was no big deal on the basis of there having been no formal lawsuit doesn't seem quite fair.

^Thanks Julian. 

14 hours ago, Godspeedstore said:

Like I said they haven't dropped the arc's completely at all. They just made a range without the arc's.

Full Count 100% did not sue TCB. 
Miki was super shocked and disappointed in that move by TCB and even contacted me for help with the English statement regarding that whole scenario. Hajime is also a friend of mine and I sell TCB in the store... The last time I was in Yokohama at CC Show the Full Count dudes were lighthearted and laughing about the situation and all is fine.

Thanks for clarifying this but I'm with Julian, it was not surely not 100% love, piece and harmony.

Regarding the new models. Yes I get that they are till using arcs and tabs but what I wanted to say that besides removing these details they also changed their cuts.
So let me rephrase it: is it still possible to buy a 1108 with arcs and tabs in the old pattern in 2020? Full Count's webshop says "final arrival" and "final stock" for the currently listed 0105, 1101, 1108, 1109 and 1110 which makes me believe the old standard models are not available anymore in the future but replaced by the new, arc and tab less and also pattern-changed models.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

On 2/12/2019 at 2:15 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Appears that the taper has got a little stronger and they are keeping the different colour stitching. 

Worrying it clearly says last/final stock on the red tab lines.....

On 2/10/2019 at 1:18 AM, Godspeedstore said:

Exactly why we, Mathieu and I suggested the plain models to Full Count!

Little back story, Mathieu (@thedenimmind) on Instagram was initially a customer of my store in Australia and ended up working in my store for 6 months... when his working holiday visa in Australia expired he moved to Japan where I connected him with Full Count and as such we are both passionate about helping the brand internationally. :D

So.... if it turns out that they have discontinued the arcs/tab as their own site suggests we all blame you guys right? :ph34r:

Has anyone purchased one wash FC? I received a pair from Okayamadenim and the patch was shrivelled and looked tiny like it had been boiled. Nothing like some of the ones on well worn pairs in this thread. Is this normal for one wash as my last pair of one wash I sold on so can't compare but their patch was like the raw from memory.

5 hours ago, jewellben said:

Has anyone purchased one wash FC? I received a pair from Okayamadenim and the patch was shrivelled and looked tiny like it had been boiled. Nothing like some of the ones on well worn pairs in this thread. Is this normal for one wash as my last pair of one wash I sold on so can't compare but their patch was like the raw from memory.

Photo or it didnt happen

19 hours ago, jewellben said:

That is a clear sign that it was soaked in hot (near boiling) water. I'd admit that I did the same mistake to my FC and boiled that leather to a crisp.