Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

• 3 weeks later...

My thoughts exactly. They went after TCB and I had to send my contest 20’s jeans back and opted for a refund given that I wasn’t fond of the cat ear arcs. Then the go and dump their own arcs. Pretty lame. 

Same here, really considering buying a pair to put away before the arcs dissappear from stock.

If they keep the xx denim unchanged I'd probably still cop I  the future with the plain back pockets tho as the 1110 fit is perfect and I love the denim. 

So much for my price reduction theory.

The 1109 is still one of my favourite cuts though - I'm on my 5th pair with a 6th on ice. Honestly, I can see myself picking up a pair of these new ones at some point unless I find something similar from a different brand.

Not familiar with the TCB fiasco - what happened there??

@TheIntelligentHoodwinker you can see the full fiasco as it played out in the 20s contest thread, but, in brief, the original limited run of tcb 20s for the contest had arcs not unlike the now defunct fullcount arcs...conflict ensued...contestants returned their original pairs to tcb to be replaced with a new batch of contest jeans (because we care and wanted to help alleviate the heat coming down on tcb)...the contest happily resumed and is going strong (minus the few mates like @Broark who we were sad to lose during the replace or reimburse phase).

Edited by MileHighEvertonian

Has anyone ordered from the FC online shop? As a non Japanese speaking Welsh man is it straightforward using google translate? I can see how to select products but get lost from there as to which part of the webpage you add to basket etc 

8 hours ago, jewellben said:

Has anyone ordered from the FC online shop? As a non Japanese speaking Welsh man is it straightforward using google translate? I can see how to select products but get lost from there as to which part of the webpage you add to basket etc 

I contacted them recently to ask about shipping overseas and, as @beautiful_FrEaKstated, they do not sell directly to overseas customers. They directed me to Okayama Denim for purchasing Full Count denim.

• 3 weeks later...

First post on Superdenim, this Full Count thread inspired me to make a profile for the store... realistically I should've been posting here for a long time.

I'm a huge fan of Full Count, Miki and all of his staff... They're a great bunch of people who are super passionate about their brand and are a great time to hang out with
so it's awesome to see 146 pages of people talking about, supporting and wearing the brand!

There is some misinformation on here though!
The newer non arcuate models are not replacing the arcuate models, Full Count released the non arcuate model after feedback from customers and stores to test out having a 'basic' range for lack of a better word. This has nothing to do with the core values of the brand or moving away from 'repro'  or whatever... Just trying to get more of their quality jeans on to more people I guess?
Being a store that sells Japanese denim I can tell you for a fact that most of our customers don't back arcuates, for whatever reason that is... Especially the 'buying my first pair of good jeans' guy.

Continuing the conversation is great and I would love to pass on any and all feedback to Full Count especially about growing the brand internationally 
and I was surprised to see so many people upset about the arcuate's honestly (which is really cool) as they're iconic of the brand and it's great to see people passionate about it!

Personally, I love the arcuates and the fact that many Japanese repro brands create their own take as a wink/homage to Levi's with Full Count being the closest to the real thing.  This is just speculation but maybe a lot of "first time buyers" don't prefer the arcuates because they feel that by paying a premium price they want something different from Levi's which has come to be seen simply as standard by the uninitiated or unfamiliar?  Also, not entirely untrue considering upwards of 80% (90%?) of Levi's sales are probably their mainline products.

With all of that being said, I'm glad these new models aren't replacing the old ones, I love Full Count and it's exciting to have someone on here that has a relationship with the brand!

I personally also love Full Counts arc's and think they are the best in the game!

I agree, and good luck to stores selling LVC because the general population can't get their head around $400 Levis vs $40 Levis.
Which is where forums like this and stores like mine come into the equation, its about education and having conversations.

Honestly it's hard to know, there are so many variables.
From my experience I think non-arc jeans are just easier to sell to the whole spectrum of buyer. Brands like APC, Norse Projects, Uniqlo etc while not necessarily being great jeans, they are easy for everyone to wear with any outfit and they don't alienate any particular customers. * I've never worn anything from any of those brands... just speaking from observation.

For the record, I encouraged Full Count to make the non arc jeans, because for a multitude of reasons, I'd rather have people wearing Full Count,
especially if the jeans aren't easily identifiable. They might as well be wearing an ethical quality brand. Especially when the price point is close! 

Thanks for the clarification about the issue @Godspeedstore, I haven’t checked out the details or prices on the new plain pocket pairs as (1) they don’t interest me and (2) I already have 4 pairs of Full Count so am not currently in the market for any more.

Having said that, you mentioned they are a basic range, what makes them this - is it the denim used, the details (or lack there of) or perhaps where/how/by whom they are made? Finally, are they cheaper?

Sorry for all the questions, especially as you’ve just joined but we like to know about these matters!

I'm actually not a massive fan of arcs. Its what's always stopped me buying TFH for example, their arcs are to much for me. The exception for me is FC and SDA.

I was in the process of hunting down anot her pair  of 1110xx in my size before the arcs went but struggling to find my size, which I assumed was because they were being phased out. Now it looks like it's just a case of FC releasing this range before restocking on the original line which is great news (and saves me a few quid for a while!)

I wish I'd tried FC a long time ago, I have a few pieces from them now and all are great.. met most of the team at The Tokyo store as well and all seemed decent, friendly bunch. 

Last time I was in there, I met the french guy Mat and spent a good amount of time chatting with him. Bumped into him again few days later and introduced us to his folks who were visiting.. looked him up on instagram and turns out we already followed each other. Small world.

Story ends....:)