Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

6 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I’m not sure if it’s my screen or whether you’ve spilt something down the front :blush:

Strong rugby look though!

I think it's a trick of the light - nothing had been spilt and they were both bone dry!

3 hours ago, Geeman said:

How do accidently put a pair of denim shorts over another pair? I'm not sure that's official licensed rugby kit Maynard.

Well, it was an accident in that it hadn't occurred to me before. When I thought about it it was obvious it would work: FC size 30 snug tailored fit with long inseam, LVC 1937 size 34. Looser fit with short inseam.

yup - the shops are preparing to ship out pre-orders...Rakuten - Bears:

image.jpeg.d784dcea2d8e6188804e14a55923a90c.jpeg

image.jpeg.a18cf8d9a04a88065e5023c842b282ff.jpeg

image.jpeg.d1cf05768d1034095e88fac2fc286e12.jpeg

google translate:

13.6oz Original Selvedge Denim
AMERICAN&AUSSIE MIX COTTON
MADE IN JAPAN
NON WASH & ONE WASH

Silhouette: 1108 / Slim Straight
As a new attempt this time, we realized more violent beards and vertical drops (drops), and also realized denim that combines the good feeling of wear peculiar to fullcount three years.
Both circumstances use 6.7 count yarn, but we warmly weave the yarn that is hard to weave with so intense unevenness that can only be expressed as an average value at low tension, it is very advanced technology and experience It is necessary and it is a special denim that we asked the elder who specialized in production for the first time in about 25 years as a full count to elder who is not an exaggeration to say that it is the last craftworker who knows things of the 1950s back then.
It is a rough denim that does not seem to be 13.6 oz, the silhouette drops into the standard slim straight 1108, and it becomes a limited item of 2018 that can propose to a wide range of users.

Limited to 500 pairs.

Edited by Foxy2

earlier on their ig stories if i'm not mistaken they seem to have dropped similar fit pics of the 1101 and 0105 (and maybe another cut) using the same denim? i hope i'm right or can anyone confirm? i already have a 1108 so would be quite tempted by an 0105R. 

They are up on Okayama Denim's shop: https://www.okayamadenim.com/products/fullcount-1108r-rough-selvedge-jeans-slim-straight?variant=12358056968280

Pretty oversized in the waist, so I guess they shrink a good amount. Maybe this gritty looking denim would be a good match for a WW2 model?!

in their pictures the denim appears to be much more tame in real life.

FC mentioned a lose weave, so I would expect lots of shrinkage - but the listed measurements certainly do look like they will remain oversized after washing and stretching...

7 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

in their pictures the denim appears to be much more tame in real life.

FC mentioned a lose weave, so I would expect lots of shrinkage - but the listed measurements certainly do look like they will remain oversized after washing and stretching...

Loose Weave shrinks a lot? I have a pair of PBJ that they claim is loose weave and it never shrank a bit and stretched a ton. Maybe I've got it backwards.

indeed, the yarns are the main drivers for the shrinkage.

the lose weave had me speculating that the uneven yarns might shrink unevenly and potentially shrink more than normal. maybe the yarns are also less twisted - not that denim yarns are twisted very hard in the first place.
the oversized measurements (if accurate) could be an indicator that FC was expecting a higher than normal shrinkage based on the sample fabrics and bulk fabric testing.

so far, I have seen probably 3 different measurement sets...

Edited by Foxy2

FC1108R have arrived - W33 measures 92cm in the waist (aligned) - seems like they expect it to shrink 5-6cm or more in the waist and then stretch back out to 85-87cm...

about 6-6.5% effective shrinkage in weft - seems a bit too optimistic, but lets see!

IMG_0884_zpsyzeqtf5z.jpg
IMG_0885_zpsyfrqe9qw.jpg
IMG_0886_zpsz7eloxpr.jpg
IMG_0887_zpslbnpic75.jpg

2 hours ago, Geeman said:

Funny how they label them extra tough weight at under 14oz and bearing in mind they also run a 15oz xx denim.

"Extra Tough Weight" is marketing speak for "not so heavy denim"...

they shrank to 87cm in the waist, but they look like they will stretch 2-3cm easily.
at this point I'd say stay with your regular size or size down one.

Wanted to take pics of the denim after washing at work, but things got too busy - maybe tomorrow is better...

Edited by Foxy2

been putting those FC 1108R on for the first time yesterday night (sorry no pics) - sizing seems OK if they don't stretch too much going forward - will put them through another round of washing & hot tumbling in order to get the last bit of potential shrinkage taken care of...