Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Most aren’t and usually they where quite dear. This has somewhat changed in recent years but somewhere in the the range of double the amount of their synthetic counterparts isn’t unusual. 45rpm, Blue Blue and Tender makes a lot of natural dyed products if you care to take a look.

59 minutes ago, kbuzz said:

Anywhere you can get measuments in the Lees?

By asking directly from the store. Cultizm are very accommodating with this and their measurements are accurate; with others, buyer beware... Although I'm guessing @bartlebyyphonics was referring to Lee Japan stuff that I know nothing about.

By contrast, there are no really baggy models in Lee Europe's 101 lineup, there are only a few cuts and they all tend towards slim/skinny if anything... For example their main "straight-fit" offering, "101Z", measures less than 11,5" on the thigh with sub-7,5" leg opening  in size 31", with a bit of variance between versions using different fabrics. "101S" is more tapered still and "Tapered" extremely so, the latter with a roomy top-block, however. Z and S sport lowish front rise while Tapered is very high rise by today's standards. Sadly (if predictably) no natural indigo available either, but their denims are solid in general.

2 hours ago, Critical Observer said:

By asking directly from the store. Cultizm are very accommodating with this and their measurements are accurate; with others, buyer beware... Although I'm guessing @bartlebyyphonics was referring to Lee Japan stuff that I know nothing about.

By contrast, there are no really baggy models in Lee Europe's 101 lineup, there are only a few cuts and they all tend towards slim/skinny if anything... For example their main "straight-fit" offering, "101Z", measures less than 11,5" on the thigh with sub-7,5" leg opening  in size 31", with a bit of variance between versions using different fabrics. "101S" is more tapered still and "Tapered" extremely so, the latter with a roomy top-block, however. Z and S sport lowish front rise while Tapered is very high rise by today's standards. Sadly (if predictably) no natural indigo available either, but their denims are solid in general.

sorry for any confusions

i was indeed meaning the lee europe line for high-street accessible natural indigo (mainly release from last year; but i think they have a loco jacket in nat. ind. currently available)

reference to 'baggy' was their leg width (i_denim seems wary of the straight cut) - your comment above shows more wisdom than i on the matter! look for '16 dip natural indigo etc.' to find the relevant pairs...

sorry for thread divergence... 

• 2 weeks later...

The simple answer is to size down one on whatever size you usually wear in shrink-to-fit (repro) Japanese denim, e.g. I wear size 32 in Warehouse, SDA, Momotaro, Sugar Cane and size 31 in Full Count. Obviously if you don’t have any jeans from comparable brands, then this is not too helpful!

11 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

2.5" in total meaning 1.25" when measured laying flat? And we talk about a one-wash/shrunken pair and not stretching 2.5" past the raw measurements?
If the answer to above is yes, then yes, the 13.7oz denim usually can stretch that much.

2.5" past the one wash measurements and total. Meaning would a 32" go up to 34.5"

8 hours ago, DeafKate said:

How stretchy are the 2 mainline fabrics? If I wanted to size down 1 in the 1101 for a slightly slimmer profile, would the waist stretch 2.5 inches?

8 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

The simple answer is to size down one on whatever size you usually wear in shrink-to-fit (repro) Japanese denim, e.g. I wear size 32 in Warehouse, SDA, Momotaro, Sugar Cane and size 31 in Full Count. Obviously if you don’t have any jeans from comparable brands, then this is not too helpful!

Exactly this. Always size down 1 in Fullcount ( PS we're the same size @Maynard Friedman if you get bored of any pairs!) and both denims always stretch out beyond original tag size- my 31 waist 13.7oz WW2-1100-15 (1101 cut) feel more like a 34 at mo as I've not washed them for a bit. They shrink back, then stretch again. Sizing down 1 gets the correct profile- if you want a slimmer one, opt for 1108, 1109, 1110.

Sizing down more than 1 in Fullcount means you should probably look for another brand rather than spoil the intended cut.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. 1101 and 1108 are offered in 15.5oz and 13.7oz, what are factors to consider when deciding between oz (weight)? look, feel, fades, fall, etc. Which one is better, as per my understanding heavier oz is better coz it makes difference with low end jeans in the market also result is more noticeable fades, please respond 

2. I used to wear Levi's 501 want to buy Full Count now,  which model you prefer the most either 1101 or 1108? Please give your input. 

Thanks in advance for your input

I recently bought 1110 while I was in Tokyo and tried them on in both denims. In all  honesty I found little difference between them. I went with the 15oz mostly because SDA 15oz is my favourite denim even though they are completely different denims!

Of all my jeans the FC feel the lightest and softest. Great pair of jeans, looking forward to putting plenty of wear in. 

While on the subject it reminds me, @i_denim you should consider FC further down the line, nice fits and the rise is generous. My 1110 are my highest rise jeans and have a nice slim fit throughout the leg. 

8 hours ago, dada mafiosi said:

1. 1101 and 1108 are offered in 15.5oz and 13.7oz, what are factors to consider when deciding between oz (weight)? look, feel, fades, fall, etc. Which one is better, as per my understanding heavier oz is better coz it makes difference with low end jeans in the market also result is more noticeable fades, please respond 

2. I used to wear Levi's 501 want to buy Full Count now,  which model you prefer the most either 1101 or 1108? Please give your input. 

i currently own the 15oz 1108 and if i was going to buy new jeans i would choose 13oz 1101 over any other combination. heavy doesn't mean better, just different. i've grown to love light weight denim and loose thighs if jeans aren't easy to wear why buy them? at the same time i do appreciate my 150z 1108. i find the slim straight cut to be exactly what i want for certain outfits. The heavy oz denim i would describe as comfortable like a heavy blanket on a cold day but not the best for movement. 

On 5/11/2018 at 1:46 PM, dada mafiosi said:

You can't go wrong with either denim, and both will give you beautiful vintage style fades just like old 1950s Levi's. I tend to prefer the heavier XX denim as it's got a little more character and softens beautifully with wear, but the 13.7oz also so comfortable that it's ideal for warmer days. I tend to wear only Fullcount and Warehouse socially as both are just so comfortable and the cuts are great. 

1101 a great fit, the 1108 tighter in the top block and a slimmer straight fit. Don't overlook the 0105 either- it's the same top block as the 1101 but a straight fit rather than a slight taper and it's one of my favourite cuts- I'll be getting the 13.7oz 0105 at some point but got several other pairs of Fullcount to break in first.  

On 5/11/2018 at 11:52 PM, Geeman said:

I recently bought 1110 while I was in Tokyo and tried them on in both denims. In all  honesty I found little difference between them. I went with the 15oz mostly because SDA 15oz is my favourite denim even though they are completely different denims!

Of all my jeans the FC feel the lightest and softest. Great pair of jeans, looking forward to putting plenty of wear in. 

While on the subject it reminds me, @i_denim you should consider FC further down the line, nice fits and the rise is generous. My 1110 are my highest rise jeans and have a nice slim fit throughout the leg. 

Thanks, @Geeman. I looked at the measurements and it does look promising. I am adding it to my shortlist for the next purchase of summer denim. I have been wearing my 19oz PBJ's here in Dubai for the last two days and certain parts of my body are on fire. I am very keen to buy something in 10-12oz if I am going to survive this weather.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/05/2017 at 7:32 AM, Dry said:

IMG_20170512_073028.jpg

Well, nobody seemed to like the pics of my FC1904 shorts in size 30 last year, but in fact they have worked and worn well in the flesh and I have had no adverse comments. However, with the arrival of this year's batch, I have gone a size up to 32.5b18e41b11606_180607FullCount1904shorts.thumb.jpg.abe4b5365ac8e5c1fcaa3d316fdc5fa7.jpg

I'm conflicted - I would like to rep because there are pictures and content, but I'm not into denim shorts...

alas, I'll rep.

On 07/06/2018 at 9:12 AM, propellerbeanie said:

We probably have a different gauge of what feels tight, but visually, they look like they're vacuum packed onto your legs... Moose knuckles are definitely evident as well. 

Well that was 1st time on and they've stretched a bit since them. They're not as tight as they look, though I can feel the hem (same width as on size 30) when seated. Unlike size 30 there is enough width for them to be turned up to display some selvage. It will be some time before they fade nicely ... Unless @Max Power discloses his secrets. 

Edited by Dry
Error

On 07/06/2018 at 9:12 AM, propellerbeanie said:

We probably have a different gauge of what feels tight, but visually, they look like they're vacuum packed onto your legs... Moose knuckles are definitely evident as well. 

I've now got size 34 and neither the thigh nor the hem is tight so there is definitely no 'vacuum-packed' effect. I expect they will stretch as per usual with Fullcount and will end up loose. I rather like the idea of wearing the shorts over a pair of tight jeans to give a rugby player effect. Has anyone tried that?