Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

On 1/2/2018 at 8:38 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Reagrding the waist it's no problem to size down on Full Count jeans. For the 1108 you have to look at the hips and thighs though. I own the WH 800 also in size 34 and my 1108 in size 34 are a tad too small. If you have small legs than it can work out.

Great advice.  It’s why I did not jump on your 34s for sale.  Think I need a size up even though I’m skinny in the legs 

On 2/14/2018 at 12:31 AM, Josh'N'Roll said:

Hello!

I am new to raw denim, Superfuture, and Japanese denim, and have been soaking in the great info in the Full Count thread. The 1108 looked like a perfect pair of jeans for me. I messaged @beautiful_FrEaK for some sizing advice on the 1108 and recently picked up a pair size 35 raw which is my TTS (although b_F mentioned that a size 34 could work if I had slim thigh and hip measurements). I thought about sizing down 1 since the consensus is that FC denim stretches easily, but decided against it because I was worried about the thighs and hips being too tight with a 34. 

I'd like to get people's thoughts on the fit (apologies in advance for the crap pictures). They haven't been soaked, yet, but I am not convinced that they will shrink enough to fit in the waist. They measure 18.5" flat and I feel like I am swimming in them. The thighs are roomy and there is roughly an extra inch in the hips. Somebody else had a similar experience - @Max Power, perhaps? - of getting a pair of 1108 that were extra baggy in their raw state. I'd love to hear how yours turned out. Will these shrink enough to achieve a slim fit with a hot soak and hot machine wash? I'm kind of worried that the hip will shrink too much if I blast them with hot water and too much agitation. I'm starting to ramble about my denim neuroses, so I'll stop and let y'all chime in.

Thanks in advance for your help and sharing your experiences!

IMG_5604.jpg

IMG_5607.jpg

IMG_5608.jpg

IMG_5609.jpg

IMG_5610.jpg

IMG_5611.jpg

The 35 measures 37 raw?  Are you sure? 

Sounds large  but I defer to others with more knowledge 

High rise is s subjective term, what's high to one is mid to another. Just check the measurements, see if they work. 

Your beating yourself up trying to find the perfect pair without trying mutiple pairs on so all you can do is use the measurements charts.

1 hour ago, Geeman said:

High rise is s subjective term, what's high to one is mid to another. Just check the measurements, see if they work. 

Your beating yourself up trying to find the perfect pair without trying mutiple pairs on so all you can do is use the measurements charts.

Indeed, I am! Can't help it as everything has to be mail ordered, nothing is locally available in India.

I thought I could use the thumb rule of 12" front rise for a high rise but that seems to be failing, as I continue to read more and post less here. Oh the anxiety of beginning my fades project is killing me. I need to start wearing that pair today. Anything. Something.

5 hours ago, i_denim said:

Hi,

Can Fullcount 1110 slim tapered be considered “High Rise”? It fits the bill on other things for me.

Yes these are high rise 15.5 inches at the rear. The thigh can be snug so I’d check this measurement too when sizing 

6 hours ago, i_denim said:

I need to start wearing that pair today. Anything. Something.

You shouldn't make the mistake of getting anything / something. Take your time to study fits and the characteristics of different denims, you'll be much happier in the long run. I bought a pair of boots and had to wait for over a year but in the end I got just the pair I wanted, not just something.

Edited by mrman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No, most indigo is synthetic these  days and has been for the last 100 years or so. Natural indigo is made from plants and is more expensive due to its scarcity I presume. There are a number of threads on here that discuss it so have a search.

Here’s an article, courtesy of Paul T: http://loomstate.co.uk/

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

The Full Count 1994 are surprisingly cheap for a Natural Indigo jeans though

yea that's what I thought also. It says on that page because they used natural indigo from India rather than japan, but I thought lot of indigofera plant is grown in places like India anyway?

1 hour ago, Niro said:

yea that's what I thought also. It says on that page because they used natural indigo from India rather than japan, but I thought lot of indigofera plant is grown in places like India anyway?

Made in India? No wonder it’s cheap.

thats why most stores here sell jeans for $50. 

I don't have a source on hand, but I believe that Indian "indigo" can be used with standard rope dyeing machines, whereas some or other fixative required to dye with Japanese indigo mucks up the machinery, meaning that more expensive dyeing mechanisms must be used. This could account for the apparent price difference.

This is interesting. I was under the impression that most of the artisan denim we discuss here is natural indigo. Not sure what are the advantages though. Maybe it is better for the environment or maybe it is something Levi's used in the 'original' jeans. I plan to read up about it when I have enough time over the weekend. I am also surprised the Full Count natural indigo jeans haven't sold yet despite being a very limited run.