Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/12/2017 at 8:29 AM, unionmade said:

Thanks, sounds promising! Are the one-washes ok? Seems that people find them ok in the gc thread. No crazy chemicals or coating being used in the one-washes? Fading the same way as the non-wash?

This may just be me, but I have had two pairs of washed 1109xx and they've been great, but one pair of washed 1109 and they are still (after 7-8 months) a touch too snug. Maybe the different denim shrinks differently or something, maybe I was unlucky.

But aside from that, one-washes are great. Fade the same as one's I bought raw and soaked myself. 

On 22/01/2018 at 8:49 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

A bump with a shameless plug. Full Count 1108 25th Anniversary Jeans

https://www.grailed.com/listings/3962450-Full-Count---Co--1108EX-25th-Anniversary

I think its a design/stitching flaw as mine have the same Stitching at crotch ripped coming apart and mine aren't that tight - think the denim was too thick for the sewing needle

RE thread breaking: On my pair I've have some of the thread on the mid thighs pop a little, but I reinforced it by hand. Granted, this is the outer stitching, and doesn't ultimately compromise the integrity of the inseam construction. There is an additional row of stitching inside the inseam. That said, I've actually had better luck with the cotton stitching on my 1101 than any other brand or pair with cotton thread.

My theory is that because the denim is very soft, stretchy, and not overly starched, it allows some play and doesn't put so much stress on the threads. Im sure my frequent washing also helped, too. 

Hello Everyone,

Could somebody please let me know what does the "XX" mean in Full Count jeans? I like two different fits based on the images on okayamadenim.com Can't decide between 1101XX and 1110XX. Both are available as 1101 & 1110 so I am guessing the "XX" has some significance?

Which of the two would sit higher up on the waist (High Rise)?

Have been reading about Japanese brands for days now and I somehow like the way Full Count have explained everything on their site.

Both are really nice, comfortable, and quite stretchy.  The 13.7 gets very soft while the XX has more texture.  I prefer the XX overall, but in warmer weather, the standard denim is the way to go.  1101 is a great cut that works for many body types. One of my favorite pairs of jeans!

22 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Especially since you live in India if I understood this correctly 

True. But I am more overseas than in India. From Seattle to UAE and then Australia. So weather doesn't have a role to play but I do need them delivered in India and have to deal with India customs. Most of the time.

Hello!

I am new to raw denim, Superfuture, and Japanese denim, and have been soaking in the great info in the Full Count thread. The 1108 looked like a perfect pair of jeans for me. I messaged @beautiful_FrEaK for some sizing advice on the 1108 and recently picked up a pair size 35 raw which is my TTS (although b_F mentioned that a size 34 could work if I had slim thigh and hip measurements). I thought about sizing down 1 since the consensus is that FC denim stretches easily, but decided against it because I was worried about the thighs and hips being too tight with a 34. 

I'd like to get people's thoughts on the fit (apologies in advance for the crap pictures). They haven't been soaked, yet, but I am not convinced that they will shrink enough to fit in the waist. They measure 18.5" flat and I feel like I am swimming in them. The thighs are roomy and there is roughly an extra inch in the hips. Somebody else had a similar experience - @Max Power, perhaps? - of getting a pair of 1108 that were extra baggy in their raw state. I'd love to hear how yours turned out. Will these shrink enough to achieve a slim fit with a hot soak and hot machine wash? I'm kind of worried that the hip will shrink too much if I blast them with hot water and too much agitation. I'm starting to ramble about my denim neuroses, so I'll stop and let y'all chime in.

Thanks in advance for your help and sharing your experiences!

IMG_5604.jpg

IMG_5607.jpg

IMG_5608.jpg

IMG_5609.jpg

IMG_5610.jpg

IMG_5611.jpg

i've been wearing a size 32 fc 1108 standard denim which was my tts when i bought them. i reckon yours will be great in the hips and thighs, the waist will stretch out and be a lil big after you wear it for a week or so, which for me is fine. wear a belt or sag it. now im a tts 34 and i can't button the top two buttons. :D 

14 minutes ago, jewellben said:

get a 34 - are these the 25th anniversary pair?

Hey @jewellben, thanks to you and @Foxy2 for the sizing advice. These are the standard 13.7 oz 1108, not the 25th anniversary model. The denim is great, but the details are what won me over. The continuous stitching on the patch is bad ass. I'm going to sell these and get another pair, likely a 34 in the 1108 or 1101 in size 34 or 33. I'm starting to have second thoughts about the top block in the 1108.

2 hours ago, kbuzz said:

whats you concern on the top block? May be heard to judge with a larger size..or is there something else

My concern with the top block is that the hips and thighs on a size 34 will shrink and lead to ball-crushing discomfort. I'm probably overthinking it a bit based on what I read on this page about people's experiences with the top block being too snug. You're right - it is tough to judge how a size 34 will fit based on the 35.

@oomslokop, ah, the days of having a 32 inch waist. If I hold onto this pair of 1108s long enough, I'll eventually be big enough for them to fit perfectly. :D

10 hours ago, Josh'N'Roll said:

My concern with the top block is that the hips and thighs on a size 34 will shrink and lead to ball-crushing discomfort. I'm probably overthinking it a bit based on what I read on this page about people's experiences with the top block being too snug. You're right - it is tough to judge how a size 34 will fit based on the 35.

@oomslokop, ah, the days of having a 32 inch waist. If I hold onto this pair of 1108s long enough, I'll eventually be big enough for them to fit perfectly. :D

if you are going to sell them (and not return) so maybe better soak them and find out for yourself? you'll lose ~$20 in selling for being washed, but they might fit you.

1108 is definitely slim in thigh and hip: I could wear 1108xx in size 33 (I am mostly between 33 and 34) for half a day and sold them as I couldn't sit in them.