Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

that's a perfect pre soak fit. I sense these are going to fit you really well.

re washing voodoos: you'd better get rid of all shrinkage at once, the jeans will fade better, don't worry about indigo loss. My method is

1 turn jeans inside out and let them soak in the hottest water from the tap for about one hour

2 throw them in the washing machine and wash them inside out with no detergent at the highest temperature you plan to wash the jeans (for me is 40° C). Tumble dry if you plan to tumble dry regularly the jeans, otherwise avoid.

3 enjoy

; )

The pre-soak fit looks promising! I wouldn't wear them while soaking. This mostly results in some unnatural creases. Simply put them in the tub with 40 °C water and agitate by hand. If you want all the shrinkage out of the fabric it is better to simply machine wash them.

Edit: do as volvo said ;)

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

No experience in Fullcount denims but if you want more shrinkage why not try to wash in 60C? Or if you want to get some shrinkage just up top, soak the top block in 60C water. Might not work but no harm done. I wouldn't hem them, like those cuffs.

On 8/24/2017 at 9:00 PM, LQW said:

USPS didn't make it easy but I finally got my 1101 today! 

IMG_2566.JPG

IMG_2565.JPG

I love your "Levi's-ation" of the Arcs. I managed to secure a NWT pair of Raw 0105 on ebay last night for a decent price, so I might just do the same to them before I soak them. They will be my first pair of Full Count's and it will be interesting to see if they are as good as everyone says and how the compare to Warehouse retro cuts, as they are my favorite Japanese brand.

2 hours ago, mrman said:

No experience in Fullcount denims but if you want more shrinkage why not try to wash in 60C? Or if you want to get some shrinkage just up top, soak the top block in 60C water. Might not work but no harm done. I wouldn't hem them, like those cuffs.

38 minutes ago, HAZARDkid said:

did you only soak them? if you throw em in the washing machine even on a cold cycle the waist will def shrink more

No I did a soak first for 1 hour end then a 40 degrees wash. 

Maybe the idea of washing them again can be good? In 60 degrees like mrman wrote? 

5 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Lenght and fit looks good mate! 

1 hour ago, oomslokop said:

they look great already. quite slim-lookin for an 0105. most ones i've seen look sloppy (in a good way).

Thanks guys!

oomslokop it's beacause of all the squats. Haha just joking

18 hours ago, 501XX4EVER said:

I love your "Levi's-ation" of the Arcs. I managed to secure a NWT pair of Raw 0105 on ebay last night for a decent price, so I might just do the same to them before I soak them. They will be my first pair of Full Count's and it will be interesting to see if they are as good as everyone says and how the compare to Warehouse retro cuts, as they are my favorite Japanese brand.

Thanks! I've been on vacation so I'm excited to begin fading these guys. Warehouse definitely at the top of the list for next brand to try. Just waiting on a good listing to show up on yahoo...

On 2017-01-22 at 1:22 PM, Max Power said:

FC Tuxedo: 1101 (hemmed to 34,5") & Type II.

TFLLce8.jpg

EYdUDxh.jpg

Dkduclh.jpg

j9dHMvI.jpg

f3LoeXp.jpg

Max Power hope you don't mind me asking what size is your jacket and how tall are you?
Are this the one washed?

Guessing the measurements are similar to the type 1

Here's the thing I'm all into the FC Type 1 2107. I don't  know if anyone have had that feeling when you can't stop thinking about something and you just need that thing and all your problems will be solved. You'll be satisfied and you will never need to buy anything after that (at least you think). 
That feeling I have about the Type 1 jacket. 

I'm 186cm, 80kg and my chest measures 105cm.

Not sure which size to choose. I think 42. 
Anyone has any info about shrinkage and sizing? 

I think I'm going for the non wash. 

On 8/28/2017 at 0:18 PM, 501XX4EVER said:

Personally I think that leaving the original Levi's-non-Levi'sation of the brand is best- looks like Levi's but definite difference. 

Poor stitching preventing wear on a new pair of jeans would piss me off. Eyeing a pair of FC for a while now but the tales of stitching deteriorating so quickly is an issue for me. Appreciate it may be part of the charm, particularly the arcs going, but crotch and pocket seams giving so quickly isn't acceptable for me. Is the stitching an issue on both the FC denim options?

Overall I wasn't impressed with the quality of the 25th anniversary pairs. Maybe I expected to much it being a anniversary pair? I think I stick to FC' regular offerings...I like the choice of thread colors and details better on them.

About the quality of the stitching: it depends on the fit and how you wear them. My 1108 needed 3 repairs so far whereas my 1101 has not a single broken thread. The 1108 fit much tighter.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Here are some measures of my raw 2107 type 1. 

Size 42

Before soak and wash

Shoulders                  52 cm     (20.5")
Armpit to armpit       60.5 cm  (23.8")
Waist                          54.5 cm  (21.5")
Length front              62.5 cm  (24.6")
Length back              70.5 cm  (27.8")
Arm from shoulder   68 cm     (26.8")
Arm from armpit       58 cm     (22.8")

After soak and 30c wash

Shoulders                  49.5 cm  (19.5")
Armpit to armpit       57 cm      (22.5")
Waist                          50.5 cm   (20")
Length front              59.5 cm   (23.5")
Length back              66 cm      (26")
Arm from shoulder   63.5 cm   (25")
Arm from armpit       53 cm      (21")

Post soak and wash fit

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

Edited by Rehnen1
More info

2 hours ago, Vulcan said:

Nice fit! Interested to see how it'll develop over time, haven't seen too many FC jackets.

Thanks! I like the fit to. Came out nice. Going to use it a lot. Guessing there will be some layering. Starting to get colder now.