Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

38 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

When will you pick up your pair? Fingers crossed they will fit you!

My second pair of 1108EX arrived safely from Okayama Denim yesterday. They did a great hemming which matches the original hem nearly 100 %.
I'll probably make this hemmed pair my first choice and gonna store the other unhemmed pair for the future.

Should arrive at my sister today...

8 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

An extra pair in the same size. I am very optimistic I'll keep my size ;)
Although this second pair seems to be a tad bigger after all

I got my pair from Okayama Denim and they measured the same as your first pair but just over 38" in the inside leg. Mine have yet to hit the water for a shrink. 

Not until next week, but I'll do my best when I get them. However, I will have them hemmed before I wash them. I also might leave them raw and unworn until fall, I have to concentrate on my 1101 and Resolute first. And then, there's also a Chance they won't fit at all...

Edited by Max Power

I´m currently fighting with myself if I should get a pair of the 0105EX or if I should order a regular 0105, or a Warehouse 1001 or a TCB 50s later this year.

I have four pairs of FullCounts yet and ´normally´ I would say that I don´t need another one right now, because I´m still rotating between a 1108 and a RRL one at the moment.

Decisions, decisions,... :D

I'm with you there @Bill_e_jean as I've got 5 pairs which I rotate between so really don't need any more Fullcount, but would like the 0105EX even though the Warehouse DD1003XX looks to be more interesting, and I don't have any Warehouse yet. I'll probably end up kicking myself if I don't get the 0105EX but I'm also hoping that Fullcount do their annual WW2 model this year despite the anniversary pairs. I'd prefer to hold out for that possibility or wait for whenever the next WW2 pair is released... 

Man, I really don't dig those distressed clothes they have in that set. I mean, the heavily washed versions look fine, just not my cup o' joe but the ones with the fake dirt stains and stuff? I mean come on. Also, I can't read the writing on the page but why are they comparing Dennis Hopper in a Lee 101J to the Type III they're selling....

Bitching aside, those shorts look pretty nice. Enjoy them!

On 19 April 2017 at 1:44 PM, jewellben said:

Just put my 1110 through a wash and they've started to come apart on the fly - only 3 months wear so not happy 

IMG_5004.JPG

Pleased for you @Max Power a situation we all dread has been averted! Any news about your problem @jewellben ? Has Mervyn sorted it out? By the way it is the rigid Full Count pics which I like in the Pronto material though the Type 3 jacket looks nice. I don't buy distressed or treated denim. I am only buying once washed shorts as I am sure they are not available in rigid.

7 hours ago, Dry said:

Pleased for you @Max Power a situation we all dread has been averted! Any news about your problem @jewellben ? Has Mervyn sorted it out? By the way it is the rigid Full Count pics which I like in the Pronto material though the Type 3 jacket looks nice. I don't buy distressed or treated denim. I am only buying once washed shorts as I am sure they are not available in rigid.

They are on their way to Merv who's either going to repair or replace - He's taking up this with FC direct as they shouldn't have split this soon. I'm hoping for a repair as now I washed them to send to Japan I didn't realise how good they were breaking in and getting some nice fades on. Once I get news I'll update

My last pair of 1101XXs had a belt loop that was not attached at the bottom. I was able to match the thread and repair it. There was batch of 1937 raw LVC 501s in the early 2000s which would spring random holes. I had to exchange 1 pair (for 1955s as American Classics had run out of 1937s) and have another pair made into shorts by the Manchester denim Dr.

One year, one soak (104F) later and 33 lbs less!

They didn't shrink a lot in the initial soak. I'm considering a second one. Either another traditional hot soak (will it make any difference?) or a machine wash. My goal is to get rid of as most shrinkage possible before I start use em... Suggestions? 

(yes, my mirror is dirty and no, I don't usually wear my t-shirt inside my pants... ;))

Edited by Jerlin