Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

@Max Power Hey max. Sorry for the late reply.. I got myself the OW version. Never bought one-wash before, so decided to try one. hahaha.. Sorry can't help you much on the shrinkage. But, measurement is quite different from the chart they have on the website. The live chat they have on the website is very useful! The Okayama rep was kind enough to measure and let me know before buying ;) 

I snatched up a pair of 1108EX. I ended up getting a size 30, 2 size down from TTS due to the high waist measurements on the Fullcounts. I have given them a warm wash to get the shrink out. I've got to say the denim is very interesting, almost a slate color when side by side with my samurais. Very hairy and super crunchy after initial wash. Buttoning them for the first time was a breeze after dealing with heavier denims. After one day of wear the waist has loosened up to feel perfect. The thighs seem to be the limiting factor in this fit. I'm concerned they are borderline too tight. Right now they slightly limit my movement, ie. unable to raise my knee past my waist. Think I'll get much stretch in the thigh department? From the initial measurements I didnt anticipate them being so tight in the thigh and yet loose in da ass. Here are some fit pics after a long bike ride to break em in. Quality is shite but you get the idea.

20170415_073112.jpg.70c67fb3ed3394b1c3832e97274688e0.jpg

20170415_073119.jpg.7295b774196dfab76b8870e9b225f86d.jpg

@Max Power thanks man! I'm gonna bank on them loosening up more. How are yours coming b_F? How's the stretch on the EX comparing to the standard denim? When I get some natural light I'll try taking a pic of the EX compared to some other denims to show that gray cast. 

^ No Maynard.  I hesitate to ask why you ask -- is that extra padding helpful in cold weather?  If so, I rely more on Talisker or Lagavulin to keep me warm on chilly evenings in the Highlands.  To get back on track, 15.5 oz. FC XX denim is also key!

Here's the comparison shot of the EX fabric (top) to Samurai's 21oz VX (bottom) and an Iron Heart 18oz (middle). I'm no goodat getting the lighting right for a proper picture but you can kinda see the gray cast compared to the much bluer cast of the Samura vs. the nearly black Iron Heart.

20170416_123208.thumb.jpg.54508459dd8b698c816ee16168807421.jpg

1108EX left customs and are at the post office...but as they are delivered to my sister I fear I won't have them until the weekend.

@alvin_cheong I sized up 2 sizes from my 1101 to the 1108EX, mainly because of the thighs and top block, but also because a 35 wasn't available. Due to the different cut with smaller thighs I think the 1108 needs to be worn one size bigger than the 1101, unless you don't have any issues with that.

Thought I'd put up some post-soak fit pics of the 1108EX - color isn't accurate. Went TTS (31) - I could have sized down as the waist is what I would normally want after quite a few wears, but, and as others have mentioned, the thighs are the issue and I'd rather have to wear a belt than struggle with the legs, which I think is a pretty uncomfortable thing to have to deal with.

The denim is pretty amazing on these. Super crunchy and a fairly rough hand after soak. Also quite hairy, but short fibers that lay down on the denim and really aren't that noticeable. Denim also has quite a sheen in natural light. Pre-soak had a strong grey cast to the denim, but the soak brought out a very nice rich blue hue. Like @beautiful_FrEaK mentioned the patch had a flat, plasticky quality pre-soak, but post softened up and brought out a nice subtle grain. Anyway... Looking forward to wearing these.

DSC02169-2.jpg.2e5b549383e9dda84fce8c6c2de14c6f.jpg

DSC02171-2.jpg.f4aa2d77a05c29f62a93559ce69452e4.jpg

DSC02170-2.jpg.0650388a6aff4237afd9a93a4eca5a4c.jpg

To those that bought the raw EX denim, after shrinking and then some wear did the waist stretch back to raw measurement or go even further? I'm looking at the 0105EX and deciding between the 30 (33.1" waist raw) and 31 (33.9" waist raw) depending on waist stretching. A 33.5 - 34" waist would be ideal.

Edited by theguywhoknewthatguy

The waist on every single jeans I own/owned got back to raw measurements after some time.
I haven't measured my 1108 after 2 days of wear though but I bet they will go back if pressure is applied. That said, the waist is with 36" bigger than I need so they probably won't need to be streched back out.

Based on your desired waist, I think size 31 would be safer and less stress for the denim and stitching.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

When will you pick up your pair? Fingers crossed they will fit you!

My second pair of 1108EX arrived safely from Okayama Denim yesterday. They did a great hemming which matches the original hem nearly 100 %.
I'll probably make this hemmed pair my first choice and gonna store the other unhemmed pair for the future.