Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

lemme see if i could point out the differences with the standard 1108: the denim looks darker, bluer, less grey than the standard denim, fewer thread gauge varieties for the stitching, patch is laser printed not lightly stamped, denim is heavier (noticeably so when wearing or not?) and what else?

The fit Looks really good. Would be too tight for me, according to the size Chart on okayamadenim I think a 35 could have worked for me. 36 might be too loos in the waist, even if the rest would fit. But I think I'll have to pass on this and concentrate on my 1101. But I Keep coming back to this pair very often...Still I wish for an 1101EX.

The leather patch felt like plastic before I washed the pair. Now it shrunk and changed its texture. I have to compare the EX denim with my 13.7oz again but pre-soak the EX denim has a strong graycast and was still bluer.
The arcs have a different shape (like MaxPower said, more like a 60s style), overall there are less different colored threads used. The standard jeans look more colorful, especially from the back.
The shape of the back pockets seem to be different, too.
The SPI is quite high on the EX jeans.
Another thing I noticed: my pair of EX jeans had the most excess and cut off threads all over the garment than all my other jeans. Had to vacuum the floor after turning then inside out for the wash.

58 minutes ago, Max Power said:

The fit Looks really good. Would be too tight for me, according to the size Chart on okayamadenim I think a 35 could have worked for me. 36 might be too loos in the waist, even if the rest would fit. But I think I'll have to pass on this and concentrate on my 1101. But I Keep coming back to this pair very often...Still I wish for an 1101EX.

Thanks Flo!

Don't you think the 0105EX could work for you? Or leg opening too wide?

0105EX one-wash size 32 arrived yesterday, my first pair of Full Count. Measurements essentially match what okayamadenim has posted. I haven't bought one-wash before, but I was unsure about the inseam and wanted to sell with tags if they didn't work out. Anyway, they definitely aren't trying to be gentle with the wash because there are lots of crinkles, even in the patch! Also, the pockets seem a bit shallow but usable and I can at least get my hand in there.

On 09/04/2017 at 8:35 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

EX stands for extreme...whatever this means in this context of a 25th anniversary model.

And a quick and dirty post-machine wash fit pic. Yes Ed, they look tight. I trust in the stretching abilities of Full Count jeans. 

these look great I got a 34 the same as you but these have shrunk very nicely (looks like a load in length and hem width). What are the post wash measurements? 

Looking at comments from the last page or so its the case to size down on FC ? Considering the 1110 ,in the standard denim probably, take a 31 waist in most brands.

My SDA 107 are 31 for example, go down or same.

12 hours ago, Geeman said:

Looking at comments from the last page or so its the case to size down on FC ? Considering the 1110 ,in the standard denim probably, take a 31 waist in most brands.

My SDA 107 are 31 for example, go down or same.

Interesting, these are the two pairs I've been considering lately. Would love to see fit pictures if you do end up getting them.

On 11.4.2017 at 9:59 PM, jewellben said:

these look great I got a 34 the same as you but these have shrunk very nicely (looks like a load in length and hem width). What are the post wash measurements? 

Hej mate,

sorry for the late answer!

After a 40 °C machine wash the measuremtns I took were:

Waist: 34"

Thigh 12"

Leg opening 8"

Inseam 35.5"

On 12 April 2017 at 3:40 PM, Max Power said:

I had to share thes awesome Type II from the FC blog.

DSCN1112.JPG

Standard 13.7 oz or XX 15.5 oz, Max? I've been breaking in raw Type I and  Type IIs since November, no washes yet but evo appearing! Lovely big pockets on these!

Edited by Dry
mistake

42 minutes ago, Geeman said:

A 10.5 thigh on a 35 waist jean?? Wow that a typo?

That's smaller than the thigh on  any of my 31 waist jeans 

Not a typo these are slim! See previous post about selling the 34 waist I couldn't bend my knees after a wash

Edited by jewellben