Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

18 hours ago, Dry said:

OK. If you wanted to enhance wear/fade, you could of course brush them with a stiff brush or even sandpaper them - I used to sand down my Levis when I was 17 which produced some very nice fades but also wore them out rather more quickly than I would wish. I do sometimes brush my FCs down with a stiff brush, though.

great bit of advice. I am off to buy some sandpaper now!

55 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Of course, everyone can do what he/she wants with his jeans but if you want artificial fades it might be a better solution to buy pre-faded jeans. Full Count actually offers some pre-faded jeans.

Or get on Yahoo Auctions; there are pages and pages of decent-condition used jeans there with epic fades from every brand and going for next to nothing.

On 20 March 2017 at 1:05 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Of course, everyone can do what he/she wants with his jeans but if you want artificial fades it might be a better solution to buy pre-faded jeans. Full Count actually offers some pre-faded jeans.

But yeah, if you want to enhance your own wear pattern this could be a solution but as you see by the reaction this is kinda frowned upon around here.

I apologise for sharing experiences which are frowned upon by members of this group. Although my 10 pairs of Full Count constitute only about 2.5% of my jeans collection they, like about 97.5% of the remainder, were purchased new in raw state (hence my user name) and I have zero interest in buying pre-faded or secondhand jeans. 

26 minutes ago, Dry said:

I apologise for sharing experiences which are frowned upon by members of this group. Although my 10 pairs of Full Count constitute only about 2.5% of my jeans collection they, like about 97.5% of the remainder, were purchased new in raw state (hence my user name) and I have zero interest in buying pre-faded or secondhand jeans. 

No need to apologize I just wanted to clarify the reactions you got :)

I'm always worried about the effect of hot washes on the patches - I don't want them to shrivel. Was that a 60C wash?

The most I've done on my FC 1101XXs is 40C. Here are some pics of my 1st pair after 7 months intermittent wear, worn raw for a few months, mostly outdoors including doing some work in the fields and they have got covered in mud when I have slipped over, so I have let the mud dry and brushed it off with a stiff brush. They have had a number of machine washes.

And yes, I have about 400 pairs of jeans. About 1/2 of these are BNWT and are mainly LVCs, various sizes, various vintages bought between 1997 and 2013. I have never sold any. Who has ever found the perfect pair of jeans? My IH 634 UHRs after 3 years of continuous wear for a few months followed by intermittent wear come close.

170323_FC_1101XX_back.png

170323_FC_1101XX__front.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:19 AM, Dry said:

Pictures are worth a thousand words my friend. I would love to see how one stores 400 pairs of jeans at home.

9 hours ago, Dry said:

...My IH 634 UHRs after 3 years of continuous wear for a few months followed by intermittent wear come close.

Let's see some pics of those, and share some other thoughts on them pls. Thnx.

2 hours ago, mpukas said:

Let's see some pics of those, and share some other thoughts on them pls. Thnx.

3 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Pictures are worth a thousand words my friend. I would love to see how one stores 400 pairs of jeans at home.

IMG_20160607_221603.jpg

IMG_20160607_221631.jpg

IMG_20160607_221803.jpg

IMG_20160607_221904.jpg

IMG_20160607_222017.jpg

IMG_20160608_212128.jpg

IMG_20160608_212219.jpg

IMG_20160607_221545.jpg

Rother-20131005-00046.jpg

Rother-20131005-00047.jpg

Rother-20131005-00054.jpg

Rother-20131005-00055.jpg

I'm curious what you like about the UHRs too. I find them way too heavy to wear year round and even after about 6 months of wear I still don't find them "comfortable". But they're a good winter work pair for me since they're so dang heavy and keep me warm while working outside.