Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Another review from me, this time it’s about Full Count’s 1108 model I am currently wearing. 

Again, Mike aka indigo_shrimp was so nice to publish this review on his blog.

I hope you enjoy this review as much as I enjoy wearing these jeans :D

https://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/2017/03/06/full-count-1108-review-by-beautiful_freak/

A very enjoyable review b_F although some of it sounds a little familiar. The FC 13.7oz denim has really grown on me recently, to the extent that my 0105SFS has become my main pair (they are an older model and more tapered than standard 0105, more like a pair of 1101) and I'm currently awaiting delivery of a pair of barely-used 1101 that I got for a good price on eBay.

A welcome and partly surprising aspect of the 13.7oz denim is the level of vertical falling I'm experiencing. It's one of my favourite characteristics and not something that FC seems to be particularly renowned for, although I don't understand why. Anyway, it's like a pleasant bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Yep, I got some information from Paul’s interview with Miki. Damn, I should have referenced to his interview. Mea culpa!

You are also right about the vertical fades which my denim also shows potential of. Maybe because the vertical fading of FC will never be as pronounced as TFH’s and Eternal’s denim? Honestly I am not the biggest fan of too strong vertical fading. Something I really don’t like on Flat Head’s denim for example. I like it more subtle.

10 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Thanks for the info, I will correct it and gonna also add a reference to your blog!

It is confusing, because people do talk of "unbleached" cotton yarn - when in reality it's never bleached. More ecru yarns are either specially selected, or coloured.

http://loomstate.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/gripping-yarns-part-2-hairy-experience.html

Edited by Paul T

10 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Another review from me, this time it’s about Full Count’s 1108 model I am currently wearing. 

Again, Mike aka indigo_shrimp was so nice to publish this review on his blog.

I hope you enjoy this review as much as I enjoy wearing these jeans :D

https://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/2017/03/06/full-count-1108-review-by-beautiful_freak/

Thank you for the review. Interestingly, the 15.5 oz XX denim is not in my opinion what I would describe as hairy. Otherwise the characteristics of the 2 weights appear similar.

I have the 1108XX (36) and really like the 15.5 oz. denim -- actually prefer the weight to the banner Fullcount denim.  The latter may be a touch softer but the XX denim is a nice blend of softness and durability.  Can't remember exactly how hairy it was.  The color, however, is quite dark.

b_F., you must be quite trim now if you're wearing a size 34!  I have a feeling a 34 would be way too tight for my fat thighs ;-)

On 7 March 2017 at 11:41 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I got the 1108XX in 2012 and I remember them to be quite hairy. But of course this is a rather subjective feeling. Unfortunately, your pics don’t seem to work.

I will try again when I get a chance (either tomorrow or at the weekend) to upload that pic on a desktop as I can't get it to work on my mobile. 

On 3/5/2017 at 10:23 AM, Max Power said:

Some recent shots, both pieces are the standard 13,7 oz denim that I thoroughly love. I think I constantly need one piece of Fullcount in my rotation  from now on. And I even included the much  ought after rear shots. And I found a nice chambray detail on the pocket flap, sorry it came out blurry.

Not sure the pants are the right cut for you. Maybe they look better when you're moving but on those pics the backside is not super flattering.

I know, but to be honest I couldn't care less. My main concern is to find a pair that fits my waist and thighs without being too wide in the legs. I usually end up with a bum like that, but the cuts that would look good there would restrict me in all other areas. And these days I choose comfort over looks. I tried on the 1108 in 34 for example and couldn't even lift my legs...

On 3/7/2017 at 7:59 PM, JohnM said:

I have the 1108XX (36) and really like the 15.5 oz. denim -- actually prefer the weight to the banner Fullcount denim.  The latter may be a touch softer but the XX denim is a nice blend of softness and durability.  Can't remember exactly how hairy it was.  The color, however, is quite dark.

b_F., you must be quite trim now if you're wearing a size 34!  I have a feeling a 34 would be way too tight for my fat thighs ;-)

I agree with you John, I've got 4 pairs of the 15.5oz (0105XX,1101XX, 1100-14 WW2 1108XX) and one pair of the banner denim (1100-15 WW2) and my preference is for the heavier denim- it's so soft and so hardwearing. Still, my 1100-15 will get loads of wear when summertime arrives in the UK...

^  I'd really like to have a pair of 1101XX too EdwardBear -- actually I have a pair but in the wrong size!

Anyone know if Fullcount might do an Anniversary pair in the 1101 cut or are we confident that it's only the 1108 and 0105 at this point?  I was holding off on the XX until I knew for sure.

^same here...I heard rumours of the 1101 in the anni denim, but am not sure now. But anothehr cut wouldn't be a real option so I'll wait.

In the meantime I washed my FC for the first time in the machine to get ´some roping going, also because I don't think that FC benefits from too high contrast. Not much fading going on, but the roping came out quite nice (it's not the original hem). 2,5 months, 1 machine and two handwashes, bought in onewash state.

R0010745.JPG

R0010733.JPG

R0010728.JPG

R0010727.JPG

Edited by Max Power

Does anyone out there own a pair of the 1930 cinch backs with the marbled weft? Really considering a pair, but am unsure on sizing. My past experience with Full Count is that they stretch and are cut a little on the generous side. I'm a 34 or 36 in most brands these days, but can still wait my size 33 1101's.

Any assistance is appreciated! 

On 13. maaliskuuta 2017 at 7:38 AM, Max Power said:

^same here...I heard rumours of the 1101 in the anni denim, but am not sure now. But anothehr cut wouldn't be a real option so I'll wait.

In the meantime I washed my FC for the first time in the machine to get ´some roping going, also because I don't think that FC benefits from too high contrast. Not much fading going on, but the roping came out quite nice (it's not the original hem). 2,5 months, 1 machine and two handwashes, bought in onewash state.

R0010745.JPG

R0010733.JPG

R0010728.JPG

R0010727.JPG

These look great at just 2,5 months! Just wondering how you manage to do this. I've been wearing a pair of PBJs for the last 6 months with probably 4,5 months of actual wear. You guys seem to get during the same 6 month period 12 months of actual wear on your multiple pairs. Just don't get it! But really enjoying your posts!

OK. If you wanted to enhance wear/fade, you could of course brush them with a stiff brush or even sandpaper them - I used to sand down my Levis when I was 17 which produced some very nice fades but also wore them out rather more quickly than I would wish. I do sometimes brush my FCs down with a stiff brush, though.

19 hours ago, Dry said:

OK. If you wanted to enhance wear/fade, you could of course brush them with a stiff brush or even sandpaper them - I used to sand down my Levis when I was 17 which produced some very nice fades but also wore them out rather more quickly than I would wish. I do sometimes brush my FCs down with a stiff brush, though.

Do really want to do [this] to a $250+ pair  of denim jeans?!

I understand that u can do w/e u want to do w/your denim, but  I think you're missing the point why denimheads here are into the hobby of fading :rolleyes:

Edited by BrownMetallic

Of course, everyone can do what he/she wants with his jeans but if you want artificial fades it might be a better solution to buy pre-faded jeans. Full Count actually offers some pre-faded jeans.

But yeah, if you want to enhance your own wear pattern this could be a solution but as you see by the reaction this is kinda frowned upon around here.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK