Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

I very nearly put in a reservation for 2 x 1108, 1 x Type 1 jacket and 1 x 0105 in the anniversary denim, but reigned back, as I am waiting for the arrival of 2 x raw 1101XXs (and I got 2 x type 1 and Type 2 XX jackets 3 x 1108XXs in November and various others so it would have been an indulgence). 

After Okayama contacted me, I decided against the anniversary denim because I like the XX so much, particularly the 1101XX which, when undersized fit me best. I love the rear yoke/pocket layout of the 1101 shape. Max didn't say why he likes them. 

The 1108XXs are also good for me in a larger size. The translations of the descriptions of the 14.5 oz denim seem to suggest a gossamer softness - a bit like reading a Durex ad. It is difficult to see how you can get much softer than a pair of XXs shortly after their 1st wash.

The other attractive feature was the suggestion of fast fading. I thought the 'Extreme' label may be referring to this, but as it also applies to the socks, I decided that conclusion was wrong. 

If it is the same as the WWII denim are there any evo/fade pics about?

Edited by Dry
mistake

The first shots with my new camera, just for first impressions. I think I'll be happy with this one, in better lighting it should do a good job. Pictured is my FC 1653 LTD. Lovely denim, stupid cutt.

To the owners of the XX and regular denim: I assume the XX is not as stretchy - is it safe to size up from the regular denim size?

R0010010.JPG

R0010011.JPG

R0010015.JPG

Edited by Max Power

On 10 February 2017 at 4:48 PM, Max Power said:

Gave my 1101 their first handwash yesterday. Some very light fades and electric blue is coming throough. The denim feels great when it's crispy from the wash. Can't wait to see how they'll turn out in the long run. I intend on wearing them a lot this year.

DSC_7249.JPG

DSC_7250.JPG

DSC_7251.JPG

It will be interesting to compare them with my 1101XXs, Max.

3 hours ago, Max Power said:

The first shots with my new camera, just for first impressions. I think I'll be happy with this one, in better lighting it should do a good job. Pictured is my FC 1653 LTD. Lovely denim, stupid cutt.

To the owners of the XX and regular denim: I assume the XX is not as stretchy - is it safe to size up from the regular denim size?

R0010010.JPG

R0010011.JPG

R0010015.JPG

As regards the qualities of the XX, it is difficult for me to compare as I don't have any other FC denim than those. However, when I bought my 1st pair of XXs last summer, I went for a 33 to get the longer length. They remain too long so I have to cuff an inch or 2. Otherwise, they have shrunk a bit all round, but the waist stretches out again after washing. They are covered in mud at present but when they have been washed, I will post some pics.

They have been washed quite a few times and that gave me the confidence to undersize, all raw, first with size 31 which still had some room in them, then size 30 which are comfortable, and now size 29 to get a really tight fit. I haven't washed any of the smaller sizes yet, but I'm sure it'll be OK. It didn't have to battle unduly with the waist button of the size 29s. So much easier than my IH XHSs and UHRs!

One of the front belt loops of the size 29s was not attached at the bottom, so I've got to match the thread colour (shouldn't be a problem as there's a shop with a big range close to work), get out a heavy needle and do some hand stitching! Joenet has got some rigid sizes in stock but only 1 of each size, it seems. They re-stock every couple of months. As I bought 2 pairs (1 size 29 and 1 size 30) they came in a box and I got clobbered for 22.65% VAT and 12% import duty as well as the handling charge. I imagine they use less favourable exchange rates than the credit card companies when working out VAT which should be at 20%. It still works out cheaper than the old stock at Son of a Stag who sell theirs without the red tab.

25 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Thanks for your insight! Isn't the Japanese VAT just at 8% ? So don't save that much money if they deduct Japanese VAT.

Oh and by the way: you don’t have to quote the whole post every time you answer :)

Yes, I agree!

On 2/23/2017 at 3:24 AM, Dry said:

However, when I bought my 1st pair of XXs last summer, I went for a 33 to get the longer length.

Hmm, I was just considering doing the same. Where do you reckon the inseam ended up after a few washes?