Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to try a pair of 1109xx sz 32. Haven't had jeans this slim in a while. 911 repairs on the others I have prompted me to get a pair quick but was in the market anyway. What the verdict? Was still interested in 1108xx and 1101's. maybe a bit more room in the top block. What you guys think? Any input is appreciated thanks

28veyyw.jpg2isa3at.jpgfayovm.jpg

thanks for the feedback fellas and sorry for the sideways pics.  No idea why they uploaded that way.  Yeah I was just thinking I wanted something a bit more roomy in the top block but still some taper but nothing skinny.  Would that be the 1101's?  Also do the 1101's come in the xx weight?  Got some sammie 710's too having 911 denim problems with repairs and Boncoura's aint dropping at SE....

The 1101 definitely has more room in the top block and thigh. Not sure how the measurements compare at the hem to the 1109 but it's pretty tapered and feels a bit like a 60s cut in shape. Here's fit pictures of when I started wearing my 1101 back in 2013:

https://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/29432-full-count-denim-thread/page-52#entry2950492

I believe the 1101XX is now a standard model for Fullcount.

They looks like they fit very well, but if you're wanting more room, the 1101 will have it.  Haven't compared measurements between the 1109 and 1101, but you may want to wear the 1101 one size smaller than the 1109 to keep them from being too big.    

BiG shows same thigh in the 1108 and 1109.  1109 is a little narrower at the ankle, 1108 has a little more back rise.  

Looks like the 1101 will give 3/4" more room in the thigh in the same tagged size.  Another inch in the waist too.

So if (for example) he's a 32 in the 1109, he'd probably want a 31 in the 1101.   

• 3 weeks later...

Similar price range like Sugar Cane and Warehouse belts. And hopefully same thickness.

I found the thickness of some belts to be just too extreme.

It’s like with heavy weight denim. It sounds nice when you are pretty new to this stuff but most of the time it’s not really necessary.

I like to wear the belt not be worn by the belt :D

My Terry Dear and Samurai belt are too thick nowadays for me.

You've handled them or can tell by looking?

Actually Ive handled sugar cane belts and was pretty disappointed. The leather is just so damn light, and it didn't have any particular character, at least when new. Many people talk about how they can't imagine why sugar cane is so (relatively) inexpensive but to me it seems like the products are a bit more underwhelming than other brands. Still a good niche to fill and not overpriced at all, just imo not underpriced either.

^ I've handled them, and also the Sugar Cane ones.

Been telling people for years not to buy belts from the Japanese denim brands - the leathers are usually very average, few hand-stitch their belts, and the belts are usually overpriced.

Similar price range like Sugar Cane and Warehouse belts. And hopefully same thickness.

I found the thickness of some belts to be just too extreme.

It’s like with heavy weight denim. It sounds nice when you are pretty new to this stuff but most of the time it’s not really necessary.

I like to wear the belt not be worn by the belt :D

My Terry Dear and Samurai belt are too thick nowadays for me.

b_F, I just bought the Studio B-81 -- not too thick and very nicely made -- recommended.  Available from Self Edge, Denimio, and other places.  Comes in black, brown, and natural:

https://www.denimio.com/studio-d-artisan-b-81na-mens-leather-belt.html