Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Hey fellas,

Need your opinion on this one! I recently bought a pair of Fullcount 1109 21 oz. Awesome jeans.

However, now I’m a little bit concerned about how I should do with soaking or not. I went with size 33 and it’s tight. I can still button up all the way though and move around normally.

The guy at the store recommended me to use them for at least half a year before the initial soak since I bought them true to size. And that would probably be fine but I’m worried that the honeycombs and other marks will be totally off If I first use them for a good time and then wash/soak and the length decreases quite a lot…

Another way to go would be a initial soak but then I’m afraid they will end up to tight… however, I got a couple of extra pounds I consider to loose anyway ;)

Is it anyone with experience of the 1109 21oz? Do they shrink a lot? Do I need to soak them multiple times? How much do they stretch back again?

Another alternative would be not to soak or wash them at all at any time but that would also mean no color fading as when using water. 

What do you think about my options? Soak now, soak later or never? Hit me with your advices! :)

What did you go in the end? Did they stretch out much?

I have no experience with the 21oz denim, but this shop reports 3-4 2-3cm (I can't believe I misreported that when it was right in front of me) of stretch in the waist (though I've never heard of this shop, so take this with a grain of salt).

Edited by chicote

• 2 weeks later...

I have no experience with the 21oz denim, but this shop reports 3-4 2-3cm (I can't believe I misreported that when it was right in front of me) of stretch in the waist (though I've never heard of this shop, so take this with a grain of salt).

This is a really great shop. It's based in Toronto and run by a couple of Japanese ladies who know their stuff quite well. It's small (though not by big-ish city standards I suppose) but jam-packed with a lot of varied stuff. They're really kind and accommodating. I'd give them a lot more business if they carried more models of the brands they carry. 

I remember trying on my first fullcount (and Denime and Momotaro) here (either the 1108xx or 1109xx - whichever is the more relaxed of the two). For a guy who normally wears 36, I was surprised how the well the 34 fit (but raw). The denim is beautiful. If they carried Momo 0201 or 0901 or Fullcount 0105 or 1101, I'd have no problem being in at retail because there really is no substitute for trying on in person and with personalized service.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently tried on a pair of 1109xx and couldn't quite figure out the sizing on them.

Normally (with sanforized) jeans I tend to buy a 30, which stretches out to be a comfortable fit. With the FC, in size 31 I could get about 2-3 figures in the waist quite easily - and with size 30, it was more like 1-2 fingers worth of space.

Does anyone have experience with the 1109xx in terms of how they shrink?

I recently tried on a pair of 1109xx and couldn't quite figure out the sizing on them.

Normally (with sanforized) jeans I tend to buy a 30, which stretches out to be a comfortable fit. With the FC, in size 31 I could get about 2-3 figures in the waist quite easily - and with size 30, it was more like 1-2 fingers worth of space.

Does anyone have experience with the 1109xx in terms of how they shrink?

I usually wear a 31 but always go down one size in Fullcount 1109xx. They will stretch back out to fit your waist.

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/160390-resolute-710-fullcount-1101/

Link to a pair of 1101's tagged w33 for sale in Supermarket. All details above. Thanks

Bought these and received next day from cmo - top guy!

The jeans are pretty tight in the top block but feel really comfortable already. Sure they will stretch out with some wear. I think the high rise and decent taper should work well for me.

I'm happy!

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought a pair of 1109IC of of eBay for a reasonable price ($131, BNWT, unsoaked raw).  I've never owned Fullcounts before so I hope the sizing works out; I bought them in a 34, and I currently wear Oni 546 in a 36 which fit well, and also have Big John Rare 009 and Kapital Century Stone cuts in a 34 and 36 respectively which fit tighter than I'd like, but are both wearable.

Anyways, there's almost zero discussion of the IC version from Fullcount.  The only unique feature of this denim that I can really find is that it's broken twill, otherwise I don't even really know what "Indigo Covert" is supposed to mean.

Anyone ever seen a faded pair of the 1109ICs?

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like some new Full count models have landed at OD with the new branding on the patches. I was wondering if they would start using these instead of the old dragon patches, as they've changed their flashers too and seem to be experimenting with this typeface. Looks like they're dabbling in indigo x indigo denim and have brought back the mixed weft. Cinch back 1930's pairs.

http://www.okayamadenim.com/collections/jeans/products/fullcount-1931?variant=16383811973

http://www.okayamadenim.com/collections/jeans/products/fullcount-1930?variant=16383801669

In the long run does a patch really matter? I'm not a huge fan either but who cares, it's not that bad and you'll probably wear a belt that covers it, or like other patches the design will come off, or it's also a patch that's covered by your shirt and on your back...

In the long run does a patch really matter? I'm not a huge fan either but who cares, it's not that bad and you'll probably wear a belt that covers it, or like other patches the design will come off, or it's also a patch that's covered by your shirt and on your back...

^I mean yeah it kind of does matter... People like patches, its an important part of jeans. It might not make a lot of sense to some but people like different things about denim. That's the best part!I love hardware and pocket bags so when a pair/brand has less than stellar of both I am a bit disappointed. Same goes for some people and patches. While I personally don't mind too much (I don't like either Fullcount patch), I can easily see it being a big deal for a lot. 

Edited by d-rew12