Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

^Just what I wanted to write. It surprises me that people still tell these stories, hell, even LVC promotes them. If your jeans are unsanforized, always get them a bit loose and soak / wash them right away. You don't want them to rip early, be uncomfortable and look like N&F.

^If I was more conspiratorally minded, I might think that having the jeans rip early is a legitimate sales strategy... try and see how many poorly-fitting pairs you can sell people before they catch on!

How many times have you worn them? I always go a size down in 1109, but have never worn the 21oz. I'd be tempted to hot soak them, dry them, and then just get them on By Any Means Necessary. I've had jeans in the past that I've soaked and thought "Nah, no way", but after a while they're fine. Loose, even.

Thanks guys!

Can't return them unfortunately. I got em hemmed and aslo I'm leaving NYC today, going back to Europe. I bought them @ BiG. He asked me if I would wash them and I said not probably for a long time. Maybe that's made him think I wouldn't soak them either... but he never mentioned sizing up until after he hemmed them :P However, I'm not interested in discredit BiG, just want to make the best out of the situation.

Would a hot soak (how hot?) make em shrink maximum in length or do I need to repeat? As said before, don't want them to shrink more in length once the combs and marks is set. I've hade a couple of jeans which got â€double†combs and it looked ridiculous :)

I’ve read a lot about sizing down for Fullcount since the zimbabwe cotton will stretch. So I consider to soak, loose a couple of pounds and maybe put something in the top block while soaking to prevent them to shrink too much?

How many times have you worn them? I always go a size down in 1109, but have never worn the 21oz. I'd be tempted to hot soak them, dry them, and then just get them on By Any Means Necessary. I've had jeans in the past that I've soaked and thought "Nah, no way", but after a while they're fine. Loose, even.

Haven't worn them at all yet! And yeah, that seems to be a good solution. Thanks!

Don't know about the heavier stuff, but the standard weight FC denim stretches very easy.  You've got two choices, throw in the towel and sell them before you do anything else to them.  Give them three or four warm soaks over the next few weeks, stretching the waist out by hand while they're still wet.  That will give you a chance to lose as much inseam as possible, while keeping the waist as big as possible.  

Leg length won't be a problem, I can tripple calf :)

I will probably soak them a couple of times and stretch between soaks and hope that they won't shrink like 2-3 inches in the first initial soak. 

I think you can't just blame the shop, the customer should think about this too before handing over the money, especially if buying them in person and trying them on first.

No and I don't! Just asking to find the best solution.

Edited by Jerlin

@ed according to BiG website its 100% Zimbabwe cotton

I would probably sit on it and try and find a buyer to sell to and after a couple weeks if no one wants to buy then try a cold soak and commit to only washing with cold water. the FC is known to stretch quite a bit but not sure how the stretching is on the heavy fabric. 

lets see some current fit pics with the waist

Good luck with those once they hit water.  I can't believe BiG let you out the door with those. Even with just a cold soak I doubt you'll be able to get those on.  And that rise... 

Edited by setterman

Got the 1100-10 in W32 which is a 16.5oz in a xx08 cut - pretty snug already and needs to be stretched after each washing, but this particular can be stretched quite a bit in the waist with the right tools.

I would think with the help of a waist stretcher your denim should be tame-able in the waist, too

Edited by Foxy2

No man maybe they're the wrong size soak or no soak

Talk to big its clearly a sales issue not unless you insisted

Also as a retailer we train out staff how to size and how to sell raw denim

And know each brand and models shrinkage

Hi folks, I'm looking into a pair of 1101s at the moment—tried on a raw pair at BiG and really like the fit a lot. I was wondering if any of you have recommendations on which site/store to buy from? I saw Okayamadenim sells for much less than BiG and I really want to buy the raw version. Okayamadenim only lists the one-wash measurements, so it kinda threw me off a bit.

Has anyone here purchased from both? And stupid question, but is there any variation that I don't know about? Specifically will there be any difference in the BiG raw sizes and the raw sizes at Okayamadenim?

Edited by ooie

Really?  You go into a store, try on a pair of jeans, find exactly what you want, and instead of just paying up for that convenience that most of us will never get to experience, you come here to ask about sizing so you can save $60 ordering direct from Japan?   

Appreciate the info, Max.

Setter, I don't know what brand of chip is on your shoulder—I've bought from shops in-person even when I truly wasn't expecting to walk out with anything. I've just so happened at this point in time, to have set aside a certain amount of money to buy a new pair of denim. I walked into BiG with only browsing in mind. I walked out empty because of the price tag despite liking a pair. Then I find it for a more affordable price online. I have a budget. So sue me. Not that I owe you that at all. Sorry for living in NY.

As someone who lives in NYC, and works retail, there is nothing worse or more disrespectful than someone coming into my store taking up my time and services to try on redwings, aldens, or any third party brand we sell only for them to go order online for cheaper. Soho rents are high, gotta support the local businesses.

Surfer, I have worked retail too. I understand that. I also do support local everytime I actually can. This time is an exception and there seems to be some attribution error here if the assumption is that this is my method each and every time. I'm not rich. I run on a budget and I save for what I can.

I've bought from shops in-person even when I truly wasn't expecting to walk out with anything.... I've... set aside a certain amount of money to buy a new pair of denim. I walked into BiG with only browsing in mind. I walked out empty because of the price tag despite liking a pair. Then I find it for a more affordable price online.

you're on sufu since aug 2012, you shop in stores, you have a denim budget, you browse prices online...and you just found out that it's more affordable online?

Never looked into Full Count ever. So no, never heard of Okayamadenim either.

I also have 9 posts including this one, which can only suggest I don't talk/care that much and only wanted to inquire because I felt the urge to do so. Now I see that that's pointless because what, I'm a newb-ish with a budget that cannot garner a circle-jerk comment?