Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Last one for today: FC 1101. The two colours of the threads are a nice touch, I think the orange has a very unique reddish tone (also noticed that on my 1653 LTD). The denim is not as grey as I would have assumed from the pictures. It feels heavier than I imagined 13,7 oz to be, but you can tell by the inner weave that it's lighter. I never was a fan of the FC arcs and won't become one - i don't like the shape and they always look a bit crooked to me. Size 33 runs astoniglishy wide in the waist, the rise and inseam are also very long. I love the leg twist. A great cut, but as I wrote yesterday in a chat - FC has yet to get my Mojo working. So far it didn't enough to justify a purchase.

DSC_9455.jpg

DSC_9457.jpg

DSC_9458.jpg

DSC_9459.jpg

Edited by Max Power

Last one for today: FC 1101. The two colours of the threads are a nice touch, I think the orange has a very unique reddish tone (also noticed that on my 1653 LTD). The denim is not as grey as I would have assumed from the pictures. It feels heavier than I imagined 13,7 oz to be, but you can tell by the inner weave that it's lighter. I never was a fan of the FC arcs and won't become one - i don't like the shape and they always look a bit crooked to me. Size 33 runs astoniglishy wide in the waist, the rise and inseam are also very long. I love the leg twist. A great cut, but as I wrote yesterday in a chat - FC has yet to get my Mojo working. So far it didn't enough to justify a purchase.

Incredibly fascinating how POV on such small deets__ like arcs, can be so polarized :)

For me, before even ever discovering the "Joy of Japanese Selvedge Denim", I've only knew of brands like Denime, Evisu, Nudie RRDS, PRPS, & Gilded Age .... & back pockets were mostly blanks. The strange shape of the Levis-like FC arcs grabbed my attention, while browsing through eBay under "selvedge" jeans. I thought they were "odd", but IMO, in a good/unique way

full count arcs are my favorite... a nice tribute to levis without being too much of a copy. And i love how they disintegrate over time, they leave a nice impression on the denim of the back pockets.

also, they are the most comfortable jeans I've ever had

Edited by nycsurfer530

^As far as mojo, it just takes a few days of wear, or maybe even just looking at worn in pairs, to justify a purchase. Just check out Tsujita-san's recent pair he posted on facebook! I personally have been wearing my Type 1 jacket a majority of the time since I've purchased it earlier this year. Considering throwing it in the washer at the end of the year but worried about shrinkage since I've outgrown all of my shirts/jackets the past few months, including my beloved Mister Freedom Appaloosa and all of my Flat Head gear. Growing problems never cease to plague me lol but different topic for a different thread

Edit for instagram links of said Tsujita-san pair:

https://www.instagram.com/p/_VQtmlMswQ/

And of course these D501's posted last week:

https://www.instagram.com/p/-58BKXss51/

Edited by aho

Something I take for granted a lot... sometimes it's crazy to think you guys aren't located in the United States. Max, that was a great review and the English was perfect - even better than most Americans I'd say, though not sure if that's much of a compliment...

Just something for us stateside to think about!

These arrived in the post this morning kindly sent by Merv at Okayama Denim. Bit of a sucker for natural indigo so after I saw your post Foxy I had to grab myself a pair. Currently drying after a hot soak will try and get some fit pics up later. 

IMG_0056_zpsedozieqb.jpg

IMG_0057_zpsku3xbr0k.jpg

These arrived in the post this morning kindly sent by Merv at Okayama Denim. Bit of a sucker for natural indigo so after I saw your post Foxy I had to grab myself a pair. Currently drying after a hot soak will try and get some fit pics up later. 

IMG_0056_zpsedozieqb.jpg

IMG_0057_zpsku3xbr0k.jpg

great - will get mine hemmed in the new year...

@tvshooter__ Kudos! Fantastic job on those contest pair.

Modesty aside, I believe I did a fabulous job fading & maintaining them for posterity__ prob is, I barely fit in them anymore :( .... Such a waste of prime "Lot" ... Main reason why I futuresize these days

Edited by BrownMetallic

Given my jeans their first was and dry following the instructions on the previous page. Lost a little in the leg length but still a bit too long for me. Sorry to ask but should I expect any more shrinking if I repeat the process or is it a trip to Son of Stag for a bit of tailoring needed?

Spending some of my winter break in Southern California with the GF. Christmas eve sunset and Christmas morning in San Diego.

n3DeHHq.jpg

4L3obru.jpg

Took a day trip to visit the GF's sister at UCLA, wore my 1101s.

3xDBJPZ.jpg

ZAlcwuD.jpg

Ended the visit with some ice cream.

jONEaB6.jpg

The arcuate stitching on the left back pocket is already unraveling after only a month of wear. I'm a little annoyed; I was expecting them to disintegrate at some point but I wanted to preserve for a bit longer and honestly expected for it take at least 6 months.

Anyways, this is about as close as I'll get a fit pic. My wife and I on the shores of Lake Michigan.

23532688264_0692cddde1_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great fit! Do hope they use different threads for the 21oz, the threads on a standard fc barely work as it is. Still a bit bummed they did heavy oz though, struck me as going against everything they have worked for. Pretty sure it's a kickass pair anyway.

Some pics of the Signet FC 1109xx. Started wearing them whenever they were delivered (9 months ago?). Worn 4-5 times a week, 3 machine washes.

fc_01.JPG

fc_02.JPG

fc_03.JPG

And thought I might as well soak the pair I had on ice...

fc_05.JPG

Edited by TheIntelligentHoodwinker