Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Looking great so far!

Got my 1101 (size 32) from BiG yesterday. I was a little concerned about the fit, because even in their raw state they were a little tight in the top block and thighs (waist was a little big). Post hot wash it seemed like I would need to sell them, but after a few hours they have stretched out and I think they'll work afterall.

This is the first pair I've had in years with a leg opening less than 8.5 inches, and I'm happy about the new look.

Btw, I think BiG does one of the best chain stitches around. Super small width that should lead to great roping potential almost worth the extra cost compared to buying from japan IMO (though I did get 15% off this time around, so it definitely made sense to buy through them).

Edited by Quoise1203

Thanks Quoise and BM

Quiose, did you get the standard flagship or the xx 15 oz? I can't speak for the xx 15oz but the FC flagship denim stretches more than any jeans i've ever had. The cotton just gets super soft and you'll feel better in the thighs in just a couple days.

Nice pick-up Kaj!

One thing I love about Full Count besides the curved back pockets: the many different threads used to sew the jeans. Different thickness, different color and different SPI.

I don’t like when jeans only use 1 color (my Ooe are pretty colorless compared to Full Count) or if they are too colorful (Evisu is borderline with the two-tone stitching, although I used to love it).

me too! was surprised but FC is a rather big company, they've got to look out for profit. probably Miki san won't like this cut and denim I think.

all pics I see of him he always wear the standard 0105's, that will be the cut I'll buy when I'll buy a pair of FC's for myself. I like how the cut works with sneakers in his fit pics, a loose fit with just the right amount of taper.

Actually, I rather think it's because FC isn't a big company that they need to chase the market in ways like this every once in a while, to keep things ticking over. Compared to their Osaka Five counterparts, they are operating at a smaller level and exist outside many of the trends that have passed through the denim world over the past decade. I have a lot of respect for Tsujita in how he has followed his vision for all this time.

wow hard to believe that's after many washes, great looking denim  :blink:

they are definitely stubborn and hold on their indigo for dear life. (not as stubborn as the TCBs though) I love that stubbornness, makes you work for it

Picked up a pair of 1108xx from the tokyo store this week, thought I would post their washing instructions up. The shopkeeper was very concerned that I might not get how to wash the jeans and spent a good amount of time trying to make sure I understood!

BDEPmTA.jpg

post wash fit pics of the 1008xx -- anyone know if these will shrink much more with further washes? I ran them through the wash on medium hot and then a cycle in the dryer. I need to get them hemmed but want to make sure I don't get too much taken off if they are going to keep shrinking in length. 

rjyXIYm.jpg

ej32SG4.jpg

@pudaspriest - good looking fit there! The big cuffs look good on you. 

Only way to really know how much more they will shrink is to wash - and possibly dry - them again. You're not gonna loose any significant amount of indigo with one more wash cycle to make any noticeable difference in how they'll look years from now.