Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Hey guys. Picked up a pair of raw size 31 1101 from Yuichi over at Pirates.

Presoak measurements (inches, BiG style)

W: 17

FR: 11.5

BR: 15.5

T: 13.25

K: 9

LO: 8.25

Post soak

W: 16

FR: 10.75

BR: 14.5

T: 12.5

K: 8.5

LO: 8

Fresh out the wash:

Dd9TLaX.jpg

czvAcLG.jpg

After a couple days wear:

EvAiOwA.jpg

jWjkSD0.jpg

Waist is too big already. Guess I probably should have gone I with a 30 but I think the fit through the leg would be too slim for my liking. I'm gonna wear them for a week or two and see how I feel.

Personally, I think that a size down would look too tight across the hips. This cut is supposed to have a little room to move and jeans sizing isn't always about how snug you can go. The post wash fit is spot-on, so you could try another hot wash to really get all of the shrinkage out and then wash the jeans every month or so in order to keep the waist from really stretching beyond where you want it. 

Sugar Mountain’s objection is right: the hip area could be too tight then. So the waist could be manageable with a belt? And if the thighs are too big for you, the 1108 could also be an option.

But the others are also right, they certainly aren’t fully shrunken yet.

Thanks guys, sorry for the doom and gloom post above. I will give them another hot wash and wear this week and see how the fit ends up.

It seems like my presoak measurements are closer to a 32 on the BiG website. Why can't the jeans I buy match the sizing guide? If they did they would fit perfect. So frustrating.

I've just started wearing my FC 0105SFS. These are a deadstock cinchback pair made (in Japan) for the European market about 10-12 years ago I think (bought from eBay, I know Flash had a pair too, once upon a time). Anyway, great jeans (Scovill rivets, red selvage, upside down-ish arcs, standard 13.7oz denim I assume), nice and roomy in the top block with a taper. The front pockets, unfortunately are deep but tiny! I put my medium/large hand in there today to get some change out and heard a popping/ripping sound and it seems I've broken the stitching already :( so I'll have to carry out a very early repair, but the denim is gorgeous - rough and uneven. Does this sound like the standard FC denim or is my pair potentially made of something else? Yeah, I know, pictures would help!

Do FC jeans usually have small pocket openings? I have this theory about FC and Momotaro you see...

Edited by Maynard Friedman

^ My fullcounts have tiny front pockets, my PBJ's are practically twice the size! The back pockets are huge yet the front pockets are tiny haha. And I'm not sure about the denim but my 1101's are definitely not rough and uneven. They were incredibly hairy but definitely not rough.

Fullcount front pockets are pretty small (I'm sat here thinking about how I was trying to grab loose change from my pocket while sat in a taxi earlier...). The second line of stitching broke on both front pockets within a week or two of wear on my 1101 but the repair has held since then.

You think FC and Momo are from the same factory Maynard?

you think the pockets are small ??? you should try using the front pockets on the 1100-10 , i haven't even got big hands and they are barely usable

@Maynard

as far as i can remember the denim is the same mate , i think people have an idea implanted that FC denim is boring but it is really far from it .... as you or anyone else that owns a pair can confirm 

today I met Fardin (Whitefeather Co.) in the store - awesome fella! hope to see him & his wife for a second time as long as they are in hamburg.

anyway, he told me that Tsujimoto now owns Full Count, too.

What a kraken!? If its true.

I know others have posted to the contrary but the denim used by FC and Momo looks to me, very similar (I'm thinking of my Momo 0901 and FC 0105XX here), possibly originating from Collect Mills, I know that both use Zimbabwean cotton. In addition there appear to be similarities in construction, thread, buttons, small front pockets, curved (scalloped) top on back pockets, leather patch, basically - enough to make me think these companies may be related in some way or at least, share some commonalities.

About the roughness of the denim:

Of course, Full Count doesn’t offer the same level of roughness as PBJ, Samurai or Strike Gold. But still, when you always hear about the softness of the Zimbabwe cotton and how comfortable the denim is, then you are a bit surprised that the texture of the denim has a “dry†and rough feeling. It is not over-engineered like with the brands I mentioned earlier. It blends in perfectly with the whole appearance of the denim to give it this “blast from the pastâ€-feeling. A feeling that also Warehouse creates in a beautiful way.

b_F,

"Blast from the past" is a great description.  I especially feel that way about the Warehouse 800, but Fullcount denim has that quality too.  I think it's the combination of rough texture, as you say, with softness and pliability.  When I was a kid back in the early 70s, the STF Levi's 501 had that quality after washing -- rough and textured, yet soft and compliant.  The Warehouse 800 really captures this, but FC does too, with its softness especially.

These are the kinds of jeans I reach for on a casual weekend when I'm looking for something relaxed and comfortable.  Very different in feel, for example, from Roy's Cone Mills denim (tighter weave, more even, harder/stiffer), Samurai 19 oz. (rougher), Samurai 16 oz. organic (tighter weave), or Iron Heart (heavier).

John

^^ if this is true, let us just hope that he doesn't turn Full Count into some soulless company like Denime is now (to me at least)

My Denime is great, their basic line up still rocks. But looking at the rest of their stuff, which is the major part, it's soulless fashion.

But I don't known if this is due to RMC. After all, I have Kento Tsujimoto's written testament that they don't own Denime any longer.

To FC, Miki-san still seems to be in charge and the man of action. And he leads a straight course! So why did he sell his brand, or how could tsujimoto buy it? Maybe FC isn't doing really well with all these heavy weight and crazy slub psychos in the arena..... Would be too bad to lose another O5 !

There is a chance I meet Fardin on Monday again, maybe I can get some more data!

Yeah their Jeans are still great to ok.

But many of their tops and outerway seems to be made in China now.

But I don't know when they changed that and when Tsujimoto-san moved along.

As long as FC keeps its soul and Miki-san is in charge, I don't care where the profit goes and if Tsujimoto-san gets richer :D

today I met Fardin (Whitefeather Co.) in the store - awesome fella! hope to see him & his wife for a second time as long as they are in hamburg.

anyway, he told me that Tsujimoto now owns Full Count, too.

What a kraken!? If its true.

Too bad I missed this. Hope I can hang around at the store the Weekend after next.

• 2 weeks later...