Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

I'm looking at getting a pair of 1108's but I'm not sure if I should get the 13 or the 15 oz version.either way I would be looking at the xx versions. Is there much difference between the denims? Does the 15 oz stretch the way the 13 oz does?

...Actually, only in the case of the 15.5oz. option would you be getting the xx denim.  As far as stretch goes, I can only speak from experience with the xx, and I'd say it's pretty much around average in that respect (In all other respects though, it is off the charts!).  I reckon the lighter flagship denim would stretch a little more, seeing as how... well... it's lighter.  

Are the 0105 supposed to have small rear pockets? Compared to every other pair of jeans I have had, these are shallower by an inch, i.e. my wallet barely sits inside and my phone sticks out.

I did size down to a 29 from my usual 31 on these. Perhaps it's due to the scaling of the pockets to maintain proportions with the tag size? 

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I'm hoping for some sizing advice on the 1101's - probably the OW version, as I'd like to have them hemmed before they get shipped to me.

I wear these sizes in other jeans:

Flat Head SE05BSP: 34

Samurai 710xx: 34

Iron Heart 666-XHS and 1955-UHR: 34

Iron Heart 555-01: 33

I'm wondering if I should go with a 32 or a 33 for the 1101's. If they do indeed stretch as much as everyone says, I feel like maybe I should size down at least 1 tag size from my norm, if not 2. I don't want them to be too slim-fitting, though. I'm having that battle with my IH 555-01's..they fit fine in the waist but are a bit slimmer than I'd like in the legs. I just don't want a repeat of that.

Good advice. I'm still up in the air between the 32 and 33, though. I'd like them to fit somewhere in between my 666's and my 1955-uhr's. I was looking for something with a thigh of 12.3"-12.75" after washing, and both sizes meet that criteria. Looking at the measurements on paper, the 32 OW would be perfect if the waist would stretch out to 34". That seems like a lot to me, but I'm afraid of going with the 33 and ending up with them too big in the waist.

Rain Dogs,

FWIW, I'm a 35 in the 710XX, 34 in the 1955-UHR, and 34 in the 1101, though 33 would be fine since I have the 0105 in 33 and its fine.  My size 34 1101 is 13.5" in the upper thigh post-soak.  None of these were OW when new, all raw.  My gut feel is that the 33 is your size.

John

I agree that 33 is the safer choice for you Rain Dogs, and hopefully the better one.  I'm wearing my size 34 1101 right now.  It's a comfortable fit and while it might look a little better in 33, the 34 is great for everyday knocking around.  I'm 6'0" and 180 pounds, by the way.  I'm also pushing 60 so my waist isn't the 33 that it once was, sad to say.

From what you've said, your jeans size is about 1" smaller than mine.  For example, my IH 1955 UHR in 34 is trim and almost tight in the waist, while my Samurai S710XX in 35 is comfortable in the waist, as is my FC 1101 in 34.  I can easily wear the 33 in the 1101 for a trimmer fit -- it's a question of comfort vs. looks.  It sounds like the 33 would be more comfortable for you but that the 32 would also work.  In general, the 1101 has some leg tapering but it's a forgiving, flattering fit from top to bottom.

Just buy both -- get the 15 oz. XX model in 33 for everyday wear and the 13.7 oz. in 32 for going out at night ;-)

John

oh man, how was it?? they're gonna be in cincinnati on the 24th of next month. it's a 3 hour drive, but i would love to go.

edit: John, the more i think about it, the more i think a 32 would be the way to go. my 1955-uhr's are borderline too big. i've washed them numerous times so they never really have a chance to stretch out, but i'm sure i could have went with a 33 in those and been fine. but, we'll see. i still have some time to think it over (read: still waiting on my w2 lol).

Edited by Rain Dogs

Rain Dogs,

The IH 1955-UHR's have an unusual, old school fit.  Due to excessive intake of my wife's chocolate chip cookies (among other things), I find the 34 to be almost tight in the waist.  But everywhere else, the 1955 is extremely roomy, especially in the hips and thighs.  And I'm not a skinny guy -- fairly athletic build with reasonably large hips and upper legs.  So if the 34 1955-UHR is roomy in the waist on you, then, yes, the 32 1101 is probably the way to go.  The 1101 is a more tapered and tailored cut than the 1955.  Not trim, like an 1108 or Samurai 710, but balanced, with reasonable room on top and some tapering below.

John

oh man, how was it?? they're gonna be in cincinnati on the 24th of next month. it's a 3 hour drive, but i would love to go.

edit: John, the more i think about it, the more i think a 32 would be the way to go. my 1955-uhr's are borderline too big. i've washed them numerous times so they never really have a chance to stretch out, but i'm sure i could have went with a 33 in those and been fine. but, we'll see. i still have some time to think it over (read: still waiting on my w2 lol).

it was good, though they weren't as full on or brutal as the last few times i've seen them. that said the opening track was over 40 minutes long...

• 2 weeks later...

My goal is to wear my FC Type 1 for as many days straight until people start asking me "Why the constant denim tuxedo?"...For anyone considering buying one, it's definitely worth it! I went with the regular fit vs the tight fit; they were both the same/similar in the torso, but the tight fit had way tighter arms (not a good look on me) and likely wouldn't work on many body types. The regular still fits well/trim in my opinion, and I went with a size 38 which is my usual size in Japanese shirts etc.

Need some pics aho!

I'd love a Fullcount type 1, but no 44 or 46 as usual.

second that as I am also very interested in the overall fit.

I want FC denim real bad and that jacket is an all timer, perfect for warm days and for layering <3

Besides aho, would you be so kind to measure from shoulder to chest/armpit?

I prefer a bit of room around the chest and especially under my arms, I asked Peter @Denimio for measurements, and although FC states, this jacket is not slim, it "looks" slim....

Below are the measurements of FULL COUNT 2107 FLAP POCKET 1ST MODEL DENIM JACKET one washed.

Size Length(cm) Body width(cm) Shoulder(cm)Sleeve Length(cm)

36    57.5     47.5     40.0     59.0

38    60.5     49.0     42.5     60.0

40    62.0     51.5     45.0     61.0

cheerio

• 2 weeks later...