Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Just started to break in 1840 13.6 oz wild cotton (tea). Same silhouette as 1108. Should have a slightly purplish brown hue. Fit is great and stretching a bit already, so should be just right when they get first wetting. Got from Son of a Stag - thanks for all your help Lynda whilst Rudi in Japan. Perhaps I'll see Miki-San again and he can sign them!

I've recently become interested in Full Count. I prefer a slim cut as opposed to the vintage cut. Which model should I look at? Right now, my denim is a 32 waist with 11 inch front rise and 11.5 inch thigh. I really don't want the high rear rise.

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently become interested in Full Count. I prefer a slim cut as opposed to the vintage cut. Which model should I look at? Right now, my denim is a 32 waist with 11 inch front rise and 11.5 inch thigh. I really don't want the high rear rise.

the slimmest is actually the 1110z. Blue In Green have it, or did last time i checked..

• 2 weeks later...

the xx denim will stretch a good bit , not as much as the 13.7oz denim in my experience but it will stretch 

Hoping this is the case. Just got a pair of 1108s in one wash and the top block is pretty tight right now.

Hoping this is the case. Just got a pair of 1108s in one wash and the top block is pretty tight right now.

you will be fine mate , if you can button them they will stretch . the only area that can be a bit stubborn to stretch is the hip 

how did you size mate ? sd1 ?

Yeah, sized down to a 31 Flash. I had the 1108xx in 32 that had been hot soaked & dried and after a day of wearing I had to put on a belt. I think after wearing these around the warehouse at work for a few days they should get worked out well. Doesn't help that I've been walking around w 15-20lbs of extra weight compared to my sufu "glory days".

1987-03-21-10_zps41c51fdf.jpg

"I have not exercised much since the last Olympics. And I've learned, to my sorrow, that if you stop exercising, the muscle turns to fat."

• 2 weeks later...

Bill_e_jean, you'd take a 33 or 34 in the 0105.

JohnM, unless the 0105s are skin tight post soak, you'd probably go with a 33 in the 1101 too.  According to BiG's measurements, the two (0105/1101) are near identical in the top block. Okayama Denim lists the 1101 as roughly 1/4" smaller in the thigh.  I'm a 36 in the 0105, and wouldn't hesitate to go with the same size in the 1101.       

13.7oz denim owners, what's your view on these as summer jeans? Are they breathable and comfortable when the mercury rises or a little too hot for warmer temperatures?

it's great in the tropics. my most worn jeans apart from my dry bones red-d.

Bill_e_jean, you'd take a 33 or 34 in the 0105.

JohnM, unless the 0105s are skin tight post soak, you'd probably go with a 33 in the 1101 too.  According to BiG's measurements, the two (0105/1101) are near identical in the top block. Okayama Denim lists the 1101 as roughly 1/4" smaller in the thigh.  I'm a 36 in the 0105, and wouldn't hesitate to go with the same size in the 1101.       

How much does the waist stretch back out on the 0105xx, past the original raw size? If they easily go back to the original measurements waist and thigh wise. it's all good. It's the difference between a 34 and 33 for me. Something like this would be spot on:

00005876.JPG

Edited by big truck

How much does the waist stretch back out on the 0105xx, past the original raw size? If they easily go back to the original measurements waist and thigh wise. it's all good. 

Don't know about the XX denim, but the standard denim easily stretches back out to the raw measurement.