Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

i think the reason for that back toke to start teraing apart is the freaquent friction of that area on something like a horse saddle or a bike. or your backpack or bag rubbing on that part.

and yes pls wash often.

i wear a specific pair for a specific purpose. like samurai or ih when i ride my motorcycle or fullcount and flathead if im just gonna walk around and all.

fullcount didnt day their jeans are tough they said thats its very comfortable.

i also posted it a couple of months before, all my three pairs needed to be repaired (crotch, yoke) after short time of wearing. full count makes great fitting an fading jeans but they are nothing for hard wear IMO.

yea, i dont get the Full Count as work wear either. Looks like you do construction or something. Wear some Carhartt's.

Was in a pinch as all my other work jeans were in need of repairs, and got them for a nice price from bf. Also not a big fan of carhartts.

But I have washed them 4 or 5 times and soaked once in the two months that I have had them.

i was never under the impression that any of these repro jeans were intended for actual heavy duty work.  I think, and I could be wrong, that denim was the best material for work wear at the time because better wearing fabric blends had yet to be introduced.   Looking at BradL's jeans, it looks like he spends a fair amount of time on his knees.  Enough that a pair of pants with double knees or even some knee pads would suit the task at hand much better than a pair of Full Counts.  Just my opinion.  

I doubt any of these repros are less durable than the originals.  The difference is that in 2014, we like to spend our evenings and weekends grillin' & chillin'.  And more times than not, our significant others work too.  So, necessary repairs accumulate.  Back in the day, the wives (and I assume single men) probably spent a good deal of time repairing work clothing, until they hit the point of no repair.

That really blows. You'd think higher end denim workwear repro, would be able to withstand heavy working. I mean isn't it in the nature of jeans themselves? Oh well they still look really good.

Doesn't matter if you charge $40 or $300, it's still just cotton yarn woven into cloth and then cut and sewn into pants. And when you do real work in them, they're going to get torn up. That's why most of us have to go months between washes to produce any sort of contrasting fades, we're not doing a lot of manual labor.     

I know FC's denim is a bit on the soft side (and to me they are more of a fashion rather than work brand), so I'm not surprised to see the holes at the knees of bradl jeans, but I'm not sure anything other than heavy weight denim like Samurai or Ironheart makes could with stand the work bradl is doing.  

• 3 weeks later...

The pocket bags on my Fullcount are deep. I really notice the difference when I get back into my Sugar Cane or TCB - both of which have shallower pockets.

That's good to hear! I can barely fit my phone (HTC One M7) in the pockets of my Red Clouds, but sounds like it should be alright. Thanks!

Does anyone know how the size of the pocket bags compares to either PBJ or Red Cloud? Or even Levi's or Flat Head? Just a but curious for when I grab the special pair. PBJ's pocket bags are the perfect size but Red Cloud (and even Sauce Zahn) or incredibly tiny

FWIW- my PBJ's (007) pockets are about an inch deeper than my FC's (1109).  Both can fit a phone, if that's how you roll, but prolly more comfortably south of the hip bend in the PBJ's...