Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

I just posted a pair of lightly worn WWII's in the supermarket, but the pictures and descriptions are in the link in my signature.

There are at least 2 pairs here on SuFu - one is mine.

1108 cut, amazing denim, super soft and substantial.

So far the best FC denim I have seen and handled...in my opinion.

Will be hard to get by these days - maybe the occasional pair will pop up on yahoo.jp

thank you Foxy.. Yes, i've tried to search it, but couldn't find it. especially, in my size and in still good condition. I knew it's gonna be an impossible thing to find..

Maybe you could take some pictures of this amazing jeans when you have a free time..

Thank you before!

Anyone else have the 1108 fleece denim? I've worn them about only 8 times because they were so tight. Found mine in my closet and tried them on again. Soaked and hot washed when I first got them maybe 4 years ago and they shrank like crazy. Forgot how soft they were. Gonna try to stretch them out a bit and see if they're worth keeping.

Up until today, my only pair of Full Counts was the 1108XX in size 36 -- nice high rise, comfortable waist, trim through the thighs.  With advice from several of you, I was considering the 1101 and 0105 and sized down to 34 (someone even suggested a 33 in the 0105).  The two 34's came from BiG today and I thought I'd give you a quick pre-soak report.

The 1101 is fantastic -- as you'd expect, a bit more room in the top block than the 1108XX but still trim overall.  Rise is relatively high (which I like) and the overall shape is a perfect blend of comfortable and trim/flattering.  These are going to get soaked tomorrow and worn frequently, especially through the summer.

Also as you indicated, the 0105 is MUCH roomier than the 1108 (of course) or 1101.  I probably could have sized down to 33 and the legs might be a little trimmer than the extremely roomy and spacious top block and legs of the 34 -- though 'trimmer' is probably not the word to use with the 0105.

I'm intrigued by the 0105, especially since I know it;s both classic and very popular in Japan.  If I didn't know this, I'd say they were too big and baggy ... or maybe they're an acquired taste.

Given the relaxed waist and 'two of me could fit in the legs fit', I'm wondering if these should go back.  Anyone have a sense of how much these will shrink and stretch back relative to their current raw measurements?

Thanks.

John

In my opinion fullcount stretches easily. Mine after a wash feel perfect and after a couple of hours I wish I'd have sized down. Personally I think you'll get back to raw easily. I bought mine one washed though so can't be certain.

Edited by Mr-Bielby

hem the 0105 short, no break, no stacks, do a tiny single cuff, and you've got yourself nice, airy, loose-fit jawnz for summer.

otherwise, they do fit like shit. 

i always think the idea with the 0105 fit is to recreate the scenario which must have happened more often in the '90s when a tiny japanese denimhead found a vintage '50s levi's pair that was way too big for him but couldn't resist buying it anyway. it would fit like shit on him, but that wouldn't wipe the smile off his face.

Edited by oomslokop

Up until today, my only pair of Full Counts was the 1108XX in size 36 -- nice high rise, comfortable waist, trim through the thighs.  With advice from several of you, I was considering the 1101 and 0105 and sized down to 34 (someone even suggested a 33 in the 0105).  The two 34's came from BiG today and I thought I'd give you a quick pre-soak report.

The 1101 is fantastic -- as you'd expect, a bit more room in the top block than the 1108XX but still trim overall.  Rise is relatively high (which I like) and the overall shape is a perfect blend of comfortable and trim/flattering.  These are going to get soaked tomorrow and worn frequently, especially through the summer.

Also as you indicated, the 0105 is MUCH roomier than the 1108 (of course) or 1101.  I probably could have sized down to 33 and the legs might be a little trimmer than the extremely roomy and spacious top block and legs of the 34 -- though 'trimmer' is probably not the word to use with the 0105.

I'm intrigued by the 0105, especially since I know it;s both classic and very popular in Japan.  If I didn't know this, I'd say they were too big and baggy ... or maybe they're an acquired taste.

Given the relaxed waist and 'two of me could fit in the legs fit', I'm wondering if these should go back.  Anyone have a sense of how much these will shrink and stretch back relative to their current raw measurements?

Thanks.

John

Not all cuts work on all body types.  The 0105 will easily stretch back to the raw measurement at the waist.  They are a 50s cut, so they will be roomy when compared to the 1108.  I'd send the 0105 back to exchange for a size 33 OW.  Then when you try them on you'll know they're close to the smallest they're going to be, and whether or not they will work.   

How accurate are the 1109xx measurements on Denimio? According to BiG a size 34 would be pretty much perfect but with denimio the measurements for the same size are a bit off when comparing the two one wash size charts.

Edited by B-Sandy

thanks for the denimio site.

maybe this thread isn't the right place to ask,but since i haven't been in this thread for awhile, are there other sites similar to denimio?

im amazed how much the landscape has changed now since i use to have to proxy everything......