Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

John, this model is quite roomy.  If you think the 710 is great in 35, I think you would steer clear of size 36 in the 0105 completely, and really think twice about 35.  Unless of course, you're looking for a really loose fit.  The 0105 is the opposite of the "no pain, no gain" heavyweight and slim models out there.  Super comfortable!

And the denim is awesome!  Compared to Samurai 19oz, it will feel extremely light.  But it's really nice stuff.

Thanks S-Town.  I have the Fullcount 1108XX in 36 and really like its 15.5 oz. denim.  How would the 13.7 oz. 0105 denim compare in texture -- noticeably lighter?  I heard (a few posts up) that Fullcount may offer the 0105 in 15.5 oz. -- not sure if this will be widely available or when.

John

@oceansand best guess is that it would be for the different washed versions 

@JohnM the 0105 in 15.5oz is a standard item and available at most fullcount dealers , the one Eddie was referring to was a special edition with ww2 details . Compared to the 15.5oz denim the 13.7oz will feel a bit lighter and the texture is slightly different , give me a few moments and ill take some pics ;)   

Thanks Flash!  The 13.7 oz. looks a little bluer, lighter in color, and maybe a little hairier.  Pretty different looks.  I would imagine the 13.7 oz. looks more like the original Levi's from years ago, not only in weight but color.  Your preference?

John

well the 1108's ( 13.7oz denim ) have been worn quite a bit and washed a few times , raw they are a lot closer in colour 

not sure what denim i prefer .... if i was pushed i think id choose the 13.7oz denim 

S-Town, setterman, garden gnomes, Flash, and others,

I'm curious about the fit of a size 34 or 35 0105 vs. a size 36 1108XX.  I'm really happy with the 36x36 1108XX.  For reference, I'm 6'0", 175 lbs, pretty athletic with relatively large thighs and butt, and a 35.5" waist.  The 1108XX works because it has a high rise, room up top (since it's a 36), and then tapers gradually down below.  How would a size 34 or 35 0105 fit in comparison?  I know it's 1955-based and 'anti-fit' (whatever that means!) with a straight leg, but how might the two compare?

Thanks.

John

Edited by JohnM

what type of fit do you want? if you want slim straight leg with taper than stick with the 1108xx if it fits good esp if you already purchased them. if you just want a straight leg than try the 0105 but the 0105 has more room in the top block - i wouldn't recommend sizing down to much. although because of the stretchiness of the denim i would go with someting a little more closer fitting like the 1108 because the 1101 or 0105 might end up a little to saggy if you aren't washing frequently imo.

S-Town, setterman, garden gnomes, Flash, and others,

I'm curious about the fit of a size 34 or 35 0105 vs. a size 36 1108XX.  I'm really happy with the 36x36 1108XX.  For reference, I'm 6'0", 175 lbs, pretty athletic with relatively large thighs and butt, and a 35.5" waist.  The 1108XX works because it has a high rise, room up top (since it's a 36), and then tapers gradually down below.  How would a size 34 or 35 0105 fit in comparison?  I know it's 1955-based and 'anti-fit' (whatever that means!) with a straight leg, but how might the two compare?

Thanks.

John

Compare BiG's measurements. The 0105 is going to be much bigger in the thigh, and roomier in the seat and crotch.   I'm a size 36 in the 0105, and when they're stretched out I kinda wish I'd gone with a 35 (but I'm pretty sure they'd be too small fresh from the washing machine). My 1108s were a size 40.  I couldn't take them any smaller in the thigh, but the waist was too big, so I sold them.

If you're 100% happy with the 1108, get another pair in the standard 13 3/4 oz denim.      

Compare BiG's measurements. The 0105 is going to be much bigger in the thigh, and roomier in the seat and crotch.   I'm a size 36 in the 0105, and when they're stretched out I kinda wish I'd gone with a 35 (but I'm pretty sure they'd be too small fresh from the washing machine). My 1108s were a size 40.  I couldn't take them any smaller in the thigh, but the waist was too big, so I sold them.

If you're 100% happy with the 1108, get another pair in the standard 13 3/4 oz denim.      

Thanks setterman -- huge size difference between the 0105 and 1108!

You're probably right that I should just order the 1108 in 13.75 oz. -- just wanted to try something different ;-)

John

Got it -- much looser through thigh and calf than the 1108 ... and comfortable, I would imagine.

Though I was barely around in 1955 (born that year) these are somehow reminiscent of 501's that I used to buy as a kid.  I know that 501's have changed over the years, but there is a family resemblance ;-)

Thanks setterman.

Here's another that shows the top block a little better.  If you'd like something close to what you would have worn in the 60s, the 1101 is narrower at the ankle than the 0105, and has more of a 60s shape.  

IMG_6808.jpg

shameless plug: i have got a pair of fullcount 1100 ltd for sale, more details are shown in this link: http://www.joenet.co.jp/SHOP/fullcount-1101ltd-7000.html

tag size is 36" and they are similar to 1108 in terms of cut, which is a bit too tight for my taste, they have been worn for 6-7 times, so i can sell it at a cheap price, don't hesitate to contact me if you are interested, thanks a lot !!

shameless plug: i have got a pair of fullcount 1100 ltd for sale, more details are shown in this link: http://www.joenet.co.jp/SHOP/fullcount-1101ltd-7000.html

tag size is 36" and they are similar to 1108 in terms of cut, which is a bit too tight for my taste, they have been worn for 6-7 times, so i can sell it at a cheap price, don't hesitate to contact me if you are interested, thanks a lot !!

Oi Superdenim, long time no see.

Just thought I´d share some fitpics of my 1110z, as these still seem to be rare.

258d881f-4429-432e-a91c-d5aa3d09cf0c_zps2ef809f7-1621-4cd9-805c-d9190c1a8d00_zpsdcca1fe6-8c8f-4441-be67-987fd6c5b242_zps

These are size 32. I usually wear 33 or 34- I tried them on and they were fitting saggy in the crotch area. So size down if your thighs can handle.

I bought and immediately sold a pair of those. Crazy tight down the legs on myself from the knee down where like Lycra. I liked the silhouette but they were too uncomfortable. Awaiting 1101's now.

Sorry for the neg dude! That was unintentionally!

Just received my 1101's raw from Denimio. Got a w33, usual size is a w34/35 but know how stretchy this Fullcount denim is. Waist is pretty comfortable raw... Hoping it doesn't shrink too much and stretches back out to raw measurement.

Otherwise I'll have another pair for sale!!

CMO - You will be absolutely fine. My tagged 30 pair of 1101 stretch out to 32'' in the waist very quickly with wear and would go further if pushed I'm sure. 

Broak - Glad that you're finally getting those 1101. They are a great cut and the denim is such a treat. I'll be trying to get some evolution shots up this weekend to show mine at 7 months' wear. 

@Atzec, that 1110 looks good - really like that profile, glad to see some fit pix.

Some character is finally starting to show through on my 1109xx (my bike seat's contributions especially!).

This is them after about 3mo. effective wear and their first machine wash a couple days ago:

3mo_2_zps90f86b07.jpg

3mo_1_zpsb97f7940.jpg

3mo_4_zpsd0d3916e.jpg

3mo_3_zpse0df1eb4.jpg3mo_5_zps4480c605.jpg